NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

(very) Custom Repro Label

LOCKED TOPIC

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:40:25 PM
DoctorEss (2)

< Crack Trooper >
United States
First, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

What I am looking for is someone who prints/makes high quality labels, for a very specific custom job.  

Yell at me all you like, but I tend to move my Japanese SFC boards into American shells.  Or, I found a use for all those Madden '94's nobody wants.  

So, while sitting here staring at my latest Madden '94, I got an idea.  Standard US SNES label, with the title bar printed as Akumajō Dracula XX, and the "art" area being the cracked marble + large Japanese title from Akumajō Dracula XX.

I really would be shocked if even the most stringent repro-label haters would have a problem with this, given that at this point, it's an old Madden shell and a Japanese cart board.  Clearly it's not going to end up for resale, this is just for my own personal enjoyment and the fact that I have a ton of "Madden '94" with simple stickers stuck to each identifying its real contents.

That, and anybody would know it wasn't an American Dracula X, because it'll be written in Japanese, after all.

Anyway, if someone prints labels and wouldn't mind knocking this one out (you can either do the graphic yourself, or I can send you mine that I made in PS, I'm not picky) just PM me with a price.

Before anyone craps any bricks, I keep the cassette shells from the Japanese games - in case I ever need to move the hardware back to its original home.

Edit:  Just on the off chance anyone asks, I move the boards because I'm unwilling to rip out the tabs on my SNES.

Edited: 09/28/2014 at 10:04 PM by DoctorEss

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:26:05 PM
Wren (14)
(Greg Wickstead) < Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I'm doing the same thing you are

Except I'm keeping the JP shells and moving the translated boards into the CIB JP versions

You should look at http://uncletusk.com/... for repro boxes and I think he might do some labels too.

-------------------------
Currently looking for:
CIB Uncharted Waters for NES/SNES
Paladin's Quest Manual - SNES
Turbo Grafix 16 Controller
Genesis Model 1 Power Supply

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:01:36 PM
DoctorEss (2)

< Crack Trooper >
United States
Found someone - so this can get closed, unless someone wants a picture posted to see how it turned out.