Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Favorite Beers? What are some of your favorite beers to enjoy while gaming or just in general?

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:19:03 PM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 04:25 PM by MAIL_BAG

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:46:04 PM
Clyde The Jackal (172)
(My Name is Chris) < Kraid Killer >
New York
I've been into Sierra Nevada Torpedo lately, if I' feeling rich I'll have a Double Wench from Middle Ages Brewing Co.

-------------------------
Butts Make Farts.

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:32:54 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
I'm a Pilsner guy. Proper Reinheitsgebot stuff mostly. Ur-krostitzer, radeberger, becks, etc. though I do love a good pint of Guinness. Sam Adams is usually a solid choice too. I usually avoid the American microbrew craft beer swill.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:06:58 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: MrClutch

Originally posted by: doner24

This is how my fridge looks at the moment, tons of craft beer and some Busch Light for when buddies from my hometown stop over. The bachelor life is not rough

Haha I love it!

What more do you need? 20 pounds of bacon and 20 gallons of beer.

Good taste man! Love me some Pliny!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:28:42 PM
Geoff (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
England
My favourite at the moment is PUNK IPA by brewdog which is a Scottish brewed American style IPA. Fucking lovely.

I will also say this, up till recently I've been strongly of the opinion that US beer/lager/pilsner is fucking muck that I wouldn't serve to my worst enemy but recently you guys have really upped your game. I'm addicted to your IPAs in particular. Although they don't really taste anything like IPA.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:57:10 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
People not from the US have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that the U.S. is now making the best beer in the world. Why is that....because Brewers over here are innovating both in technique and style, something our beer making friends in the EU have not fully embraced. I don't just mean IPA's and stouts either; traditional styles like sours, pilsners, and bitters are being made just as well now a days, proof of which is found in the World Beer cup results where US Brewers won more European style medals than the EU. With that said, my favorite beer in the world is still brewed in Brussels

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:43:52 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Bud Light for me.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:54:35 PM
Quigley Rocks! (3)
(Eric ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Guinness and seasonal beers.

Games currently being played: NES - The Incident; Little Samson

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:54:45 PM
Jon Solo (80)
(ジョン ・ソロ) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: doner24

Originally posted by: Paul

Root beer is the best, other than that, hell I don't drink beer.

Hard liquor 4 life!
There is a brewery in Illinois making a beer called Not Your Father's Root Beer. Incredible how much it tastes like actual root beer for being 5.9% ABV.

Just had this last week. It's just like drinking root beer.

Have you had Working For The Weekend? It's sold pretty local in Chicago and it is great!

Dreamcast US collection - 83% complete. 
 42 games to go! 

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:29:23 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
St. Ides and Crazy Horse

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:37:42 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
I live in Vista California and I swear it's the new beer capital. There's like seven breweries down the street from my work even. When it comes to craft beer, I enjoy Belching Beaver Hops Highway, Chronic ale from Pizza Port, and hard root beer from Mission brewing in San Diego. Anything from Lost Abbey is pretty awesome and it's local too. Stone brewing is out here too and I find their beers a tad overrated but I love their delicious IPA with citrus and lemon drop. Hell, right now I'm drinking Mission Mule and shipwrecked double IPA since I took the journey to Mission brewing earlier today. Good stuff.

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 09:38 PM by SamSpade

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:06:54 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: SamSpade

I live in Vista California and I swear it's the new beer capital. There's like seven breweries down the street from my work even. When it comes to craft beer, I enjoy Belching Beaver Hops Highway, Chronic ale from Pizza Port, and hard root beer from Mission brewing in San Diego. Anything from Lost Abbey is pretty awesome and it's local too. Stone brewing is out here too and I find their beers a tad overrated but I love their delicious IPA with citrus and lemon drop. Hell, right now I'm drinking Mission Mule and shipwrecked double IPA since I took the journey to Mission brewing earlier today. Good stuff.

Was in San Diego last year and went to Stone & Ballast Point! Ballast was my favorite as I hadn't tried any of their beers before & it was cool how they do their flights. I use to drink stones ruination quite a bit but I've sorta moved on from it.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:09:50 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
My current favorite is Boundry.

But I still am and have always been a big fan of Bass Ale and Holsten.

Some craft brewers I like are Great Lakes, and Muskoka.

Playas Guide Logo

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:18:42 AM
Kickmeister (7)
(Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo Jr.) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: th0rpe

I dont drink often, but when I do, I usually choose to pick up Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. If not available (which it never is if Im at a restaurant), I like Stella Artois or Heineken.

Weihenstephaner is absolutely amazing. Definitely my favorite beer.

My fridge normally has varying amounts of Sam Adams and Narragansett, with differing degrees of other mostly New England based breweries. Long Trail, Mayflower Smuttynose, and Olde Burnside are also frequent guests iun the basement fridge. Firefly Hollow and Bog Iron if we want to get really obscure. To tell the truth I've been buying 30 packs of Genesee Cream Ale lately because it's cheap and my beer budget has shrunk considerably since having a kid. D'oh.

Bocks and weizens are favorites. I tend to prefer darker beers but can enjoy just about anything.

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:30:43 AM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I enjoy fancy beer, but I usually drink normal beer. I like Bud light platinum because it has a blue bottle. Right now I am drinking Kirkland light beer because it was super cheap and the generic looking cans reminded me of Repo Man. I recently drank Gwar blood which was really nice and I would order it again. I also like Dos Equis, Pilsner Urquell, anchor steam, moosehead, Guinness, and Singha

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Edited: 04/23/2015 at 12:31 AM by G-Type

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:32:22 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
 Great Lakes brews about 10 different beers at anytime, usually only 2 of those beers are sold in stores with the exception of the occasional seasonal. Lake Effect IPA and Red Leaf are my two fvorites of their's.
Great Lakes Beers

Playas Guide Logo

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:53:23 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Alexander Keiths and Olands, two classics for anyone on the east coast of Canada.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:22:14 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: dqualls187

Originally posted by: SamSpade

Was in San Diego last year and went to Stone & Ballast Point! Ballast was my favorite as I hadn't tried any of their beers before & it was cool how they do their flights. I use to drink stones ruination quite a bit but I've sorta moved on from it.

Dude, there was a place in SD called Wet and Wreckless that had a cheap 10 beer flight. Sucks the place burned down. Ballast point is good, kinda forgot about them, there's just so much to choose from out here. I highly recommend Iron fist if you stop by again.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:52:49 AM
GamingEsquire (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Bell's Two Hearted is one of my favorite IPAs. I also have a sweet spot for ciders (as non-manly as that may be).

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:20:36 AM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York
Goose Island Bourbon County, Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout, or Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin are my current favorites.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:56:25 AM
VenusBananaPeel (16)
(Venus ) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Rusty Shackleford

Alamo
Always remember it

Currently playing: EarthBound Beginnings
Up next:  ????
Originally posted by: ZachAttack

I actually don't like video games. I'm just REALLY into shelves and you gotta fill the shelves with SOMETHING right?

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:08:46 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Dead Guy Ale

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:33:17 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I enjoy all stouts, porters and Scottish ales

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:12:46 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Thanks to an awesome fellow mod, I have a good amount of Michelob Golden and Golden Light in the fridge.

Other than that, I like all kinds of stuff. Usually steer clear of IPA, but I've found some good ones lately. The "Not Your Father's Root Beer" is quite excellent, along with just about anything Crabbies makes.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:22:54 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I don't drink much beer anymore. But I do have two "Go tos"

Bud Light Lime - For casual cookouts / summer events
Octoberfest (Sam Adams) - For most of the NFL Sundays

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=