Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Health Channel on YouTube: ideas/suggestions

Sep 18 at 8:40:35 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Hi guys, I have a project that’s been brewing in my mind for awhile, and I hope it will happen sometime in the near future. The project as per title, is to make a YouTube channel talking about basic health issues. 

Before you roll your eyes and think “not another health channel”, I would like to point out a few key point of differences:
- I have been working as a health professional for nearly 15 years, with a genuine passion for health promotion 
- the channel is aimed at literally everyone talking about topics that everyone NEEDS to know rather than spilling info from textbooks about the uncommon/rare conditions
- it will likely be short videos between 3-5 mins.
- I’m a decent drawer and likely will incorporate some drawings into the videos
- I’m open for suggestions to make it more appealing (hence the point of this thread).

I welcome any suggestions on how to start, what   software and equipments I need to start, what topics you’re interested in (that everyone needs to know), and whatever else you think is relevant. Thanks!

Sep 18 at 8:43:44 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Nutrition - what realistically is a balanced daily diet, and what your body needs to run day to day

Aka what they didn't push in school (when I attended)

Sep 18 at 8:59:03 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
+1. I changed my diet recently and am interested in exactly that.

Edited: 09/18/2019 at 08:59 PM by gunpei

Sep 18 at 9:55:17 PM
User123 (61)

< Lolo Lord >
Nevada

-------------------------

Sep 18 at 10:16:05 PM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
I'm Interested in how gaming (sedentary activity) and/or collecting games could translate to healthful living. No sarcasm.

I like pizza.

Sep 19 at 11:04:27 AM
Metal_Mantis (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
^^ Similarly, how about something on health-related games? Wii fit type stuff, or discussing different food-based games

Sep 19 at 11:29:23 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
What do you plan to do differently than the billion other health channels? What specifically are you going to do to drive traffic to your channel?

Before equipment or other needs, you need to determine a marketing strategy for your "brand" of channel.

Without a specific and deliberate strategy to market your brand and channel, you'll end up with 3 videos, 20 views, and a bunch of equipment listed on Facebook marketplace.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 19 at 11:52:28 AM
Gex (42)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Get into functional medicine, stuff changed my life

<<< Buying TurboGrafx 16 

Sep 19 at 12:43:38 PM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
Originally posted by: Metal_Mantis

^^ Similarly, how about something on health-related games? Wii fit type stuff, or discussing different food-based games

There are already countless videos on YouTube going through all these exercise games such as Wii Fit, and they mostly suck.

No one cares about those games, and rightly so. On a sidenote: DDR is probably the best non-intentional exercise game ever made.

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Sep 19 at 1:05:02 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
If it's something you're passionate about, then I'm sure the videos will be great. Just don't plan on making any money. All channels that exist only for money all end up looking the same... and they don't even end up making money.

Sep 19 at 1:22:06 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Really impressed with the community support on NA!

I have plenty of possible themes to talk about, but here is one example of a theme to let you guys have more of an understanding:

Q: Why do I seem to catch the flu even though I had a flu vaccination??
A: 2 main reasons:
1. The flu vaccination contains only a few strains of the flu, with different strains being targetted each year, focusing on the predominant strains over the course of the past 12 months. Whereas the flu virus itself can come in many more types of strains. So what this means, is that you can still catch a non-dominant flu strain, whilst having immunity to only the recent dominant strains.
2. You experiencing the "flu" might in fact be something else that seems similar. eg sinusitis, chest infection, laryngitis etc
If in doubt, go seek medical advice!

Sep 19 at 1:26:02 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: Splain

If it's something you're passionate about, then I'm sure the videos will be great. Just don't plan on making any money. All channels that exist only for money all end up looking the same... and they don't even end up making money.
Yep I agree, I’m seeing it as a hobby and not as a job. If it makes money, I won’t decline though!  

Sep 19 at 1:39:58 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

What do you plan to do differently than the billion other health channels? What specifically are you going to do to drive traffic to your channel?

Before equipment or other needs, you need to determine a marketing strategy for your "brand" of channel.

Without a specific and deliberate strategy to market your brand and channel, you'll end up with 3 videos, 20 views, and a bunch of equipment listed on Facebook marketplace.
The point of differences are: 
- passion to health promote rather than to use fancy, big ass words that people will forget the next hour after watching.
- I actually don’t intend on doing too much research as I want to focus on topics where I commonly encounter from my work/experience. Dealing with the common misconceptions, common health questions, and just issues which will hopefully and genuinely get the viewer more interested in about their health, and more importantly, to possibly expand on their life expectancy!
- I also perhaps might make it a half health and half gaming/collecting channel, which are actually my 2 main interests in life. But unsure if the general viewers would take the health talks seriously, if I dwell too much about games! 

Sep 19 at 1:42:31 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Maybe some videos on how to lessen the pain of certain injuries/sore muscles that gamers can get? Lower back pain, sore wrists/hands. That sort of stuff. I think that counts as health right?

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Sep 19 at 1:55:39 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Maybe some videos on how to lessen the pain of certain injuries/sore muscles that gamers can get? Lower back pain, sore wrists/hands. That sort of stuff. I think that counts as health right?
I will definitely incorporate health issues relating to gaming, and this is a very common problem in our society, not just to gamers - pain!

Just briefly, the pain gamers tend to get are “repetitive strain injuries” or back pain from bad posture. 
How to combat these issues are:
- improving posture when playing: sit with back upright and not twisted to one side
- acknowledging when pain is persisting and simply....rest! Stop playing and bloody just REST!
- if pain occurs frequently, then a health check is recommended (might be other concurrent health issues that can cause generalised aches).

Edited: 09/19/2019 at 01:56 PM by GPX

Sep 19 at 4:28:02 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Thats pretty to remedy. Just get off your ass and do something else for awhile

SW-6786-5095-2210