Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Scored an old Nintendo Repair center shirt and some promo pins! From a former Nintendo Service center manager

Apr 22 at 10:22:32 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Cool little story to share, so I’ve had this NOS nes console that I’ve had for years, and inside the packaging was a slip from the store A-D electronics giving info about keeping the new system clean and not using dirty games in the system.  At the bottom was a name and I tried looking the person up on Facebook.  I found them and sent them a message.  Diddnt hear back from them until several months later, but I had a fun little conversation about her time managing the service center.  Her son even ended up getting a job with Nintendo and had a hand in producing several commercials for the Gameboy pocket.  She said they enjoyed the business and in the early 2000s when they started having issues they sold off the business just in time before Nintendo ended all contracts with service centers in 2004.  She diddnt have much left but she was able to find this amazing T-shirt and some pins that she had, which she was gracious enough to send to me free of charge.  I always love items like this and am glad to have them as part of my collection now.

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 10:27 PM by Penguin

Apr 22 at 10:39:44 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
That's a sweet story and an awesome score!

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 22 at 11:23:50 PM
8-bit_boice (49)
(Josh Boice) < Meka Chicken >
Kansas
Sweet score! As soon as I heard buttons I knew I had to check it out. That shirt is awesome, too!

Apr 22 at 11:56:48 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
great story and great items

Apr 23 at 2:10:06 AM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
awesome!!

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Apr 23 at 8:55:52 PM
goombagamer103 (2)
< Little Mac >
Florida
Love those pins.

"I'm somewhat of a collectionist"