< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I think I actually have go go hypergrind

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 05:04 PM by a3quit4s

Sep 13 at 5:58:44 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Had a nice surprise with Godzilla on ps4 (which I regret selling still...) but I got a fair price out of it considering what I had in it.

-------------------------

Sep 13 at 6:21:31 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
Checked and found 25+ sticker seals, 8 of which were matte, including smb and clu clu (now both sold). Needless to say, I 1) had no idea theuvwere worth so much, and 2) didn't even know I had them. Soooo, paying my mortgage for 5 months with 2 games seemed like a no brainer. I hope the new owners are happy!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Sep 13 at 6:39:21 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: cma2032

Originally posted by: yukfou

Well I was curious about GameCube titles and apparently everything GameCube is super hot right now. I'm seeing $50 jumps or more on some of the rarer ones. Go go hypergrind is one that stood out. When did that become a $150 game? It was $50 like a year ago

That's really annoying because I had Go Go Hypergrind sitting on eBay like 2 years ago for months. I think someone finally bought it for like $8

Originally posted by: Portabello

I've had a Sonic the Hedgehog blackbox Genesis CIB without the "Not For Resale". Not sure if it's desirable or not with this hype, and frankly haven't even bothered to look at it and identify if it's first print run.

Several of these went for $150+ on Ebay awhile back but I think the hype finally died back down to comparably sane levels

You win some you lose some. I had a complete solatorobo with the big box and cd, that I got for $15. Tried to sell it for $40 but no one was biting. Ended up selling it for $30 then like 6 months later everyone wanted it and now it's worth like $200. Also had a lose copy I sold for $15 and now that's worth like $80-100. It sucks but it happens

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 13 at 9:44:47 PM
kludd40 (0)

< Cherub >
I've had an Ikari Warriors box laying around for awhile that I'd been meaning to get rid of and last week I figured I'd toss it up there for $5-10 or so but then I saw it's the hangtab one worth like $100. Very nice. (now it's going back in the stack)

Actually what got me started getting more serious about collecting in 2016 was the shock of finding out what had happened with Little Samson. Oddly, for years I was perfectly aware that some things in my library (Harvest Moon, Earthbound, Sculptor's Cut) were worth hundreds but I honestly had no idea Samson was worth any more than 30 bucks or so. There was also my CIB Rescue Rangers 2, which is a stroke of luck since I was normally the type to throw away 95% of my boxes/manuals but I just happened to keep that one as a souvenir simply because I found it at a Target in the year 2000 and I thought it was a crazy experience to have a Target still selling new NES games at the time (of course, now it's a bad memory as I'll always be kicking myself for not buying the 20 other copies they had for $10 apiece lol).

Sep 13 at 9:50:14 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
I don't do variants, see no good excuse or reason to so what I have is what is here. What I do have though, some since it hit the market back in the day has matured in value or shot up and more recently to dumb levels I was kind of but not really aware of. That post about Hypergrind got me thinking and Cubivore for some crazy reason went into not being a game that had tipped into the just over a hundred level but recently I had it pointed out nutty people were paying $300+ for a used complete copy upward of 400 depending how pretty it was which seems insane. Stuff like that makes me hold onto some things even if I know I won't use it again for a long time because getting it back is financially stupid and distasteful to me completely. Another one that surprised me recently was the uptick on DS values. A game I though with a discount down into around the $25 or so range ended up selling easy with others I saw on ebay after the fact for $80 which was that Order of Ecclesia game. I remember it wasn't much time at all ago most DS stuff was dumpster dive priced.

Sep 13 at 11:31:50 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

I don't do variants, see no good excuse or reason to so what I have is what is here. What I do have though, some since it hit the market back in the day has matured in value or shot up and more recently to dumb levels I was kind of but not really aware of. That post about Hypergrind got me thinking and Cubivore for some crazy reason went into not being a game that had tipped into the just over a hundred level but recently I had it pointed out nutty people were paying $300+ for a used complete copy upward of 400 depending how pretty it was which seems insane. Stuff like that makes me hold onto some things even if I know I won't use it again for a long time because getting it back is financially stupid and distasteful to me completely. Another one that surprised me recently was the uptick on DS values. A game I though with a discount down into around the $25 or so range ended up selling easy with others I saw on ebay after the fact for $80 which was that Order of Ecclesia game. I remember it wasn't much time at all ago most DS stuff was dumpster dive priced.

Yea cubivore was another one I noticed that has jumped from $200-300. It was $200 for a long long time. And yes, DS stuff has all jumped over the past 2-3 years. Really glad I got into DS collecting around 2013 when you could find pretty much any DS game loose for $5-10, and you could find really anything at a GameStop within 100 miles of you. Now you're lucky to find a loose good DS game for the low price of $20. And if you want complete or sealed, well, be prepared to spend a bit. And the rarer DS games are almost nowhere to be found at GameStops now. No black sigils, drone tactics, magicians quest, solatorobo, or even more common stuff like luminous arc or retro game challenge.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 14 at 8:55:16 AM
Nintegageo (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Canada
I remember once wanting to buy Super Castlevania and then double-checking and already owned it. Don't remember when I bought it, was so long ago but was certainly an awesome thing. Does that count?

Sep 14 at 2:00:44 PM
dry_bowser (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: Nintegageo

I remember once wanting to buy Super Castlevania and then double-checking and already owned it. Don't remember when I bought it, was so long ago but was certainly an awesome thing. Does that count?

We have a winner!

Sep 14 at 5:17:43 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Nintegageo

Lol I've done this a few times as well. For the longest time I searched for good deals on CIB Perfect Dark for N64, oblivious to the copy sitting on my shelf.