Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Apr 20, 2007 at 11:00:38 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
anyone use the site I signed up but it seems everyone there wants stuff for nothing and they want to make to many rules in trading.

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 20, 2007 at 11:41:07 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have an account there but never had any luck. To many assholes who thought there stuff was worth triple what it actually was. I had no luck there at all, most the members were pissy too.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:20:57 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Alot of the members there are dinks, but there are a few that I've had several good dealings with. ou812now was my biggest supplier of boxes/manuals for cheap until he all but dried up, and I got my U-Force CIB for $40 and some other non-NES goodies from Forgotten_Freshness. And although the NES guys there for the most part are dumb, if you look through the forums you can occasionally find some good scores. I've had a few good lots from the forums for cheap. Hell, I got a CIB Sega Pico for $40 shipped! Almost half the cost went to shipping! The chat can sometimes be productive too. Just remember, alot of the people there are collectors too, and know their shit. An equal number are n00bs who think their shit is valuable. But it's the minority that make it good - they know what their stuff is worth, but they are willing to cut a decent deal as well. Also, if anyone here has an account and we make a deal, why not set it up there as well? May as well get the feedback

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:09:14 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
I have also dealt with ou812now before. He is still pretty active on eBay, although he seems to list items in spurts....

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:17:23 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
For those here who didn't know, ou812now (Chris Lamere) is the largest contributor to this site. He's the guy who scanned in 90% of all the boxes and manuals about 5 years ago before he sold off his original collection. Chris, if you're listening, thanks again!

-Dain

Apr 21, 2007 at 8:42:08 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have bought from him several times on ebay also. Dain you need to drag his ass over here. Does he even know the site is finally up and running? Might need to tell him to pop by.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 21, 2007 at 11:06:39 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
I've dealt with ou812now quite a few times either on gameTZ and eBay. He always was good to me. As for the rest of gameTZ... like everyone says, there are some really ignorant people who make it hard to get a fair trade, but then there are some really good people who are extremely easy to work with. I use it when I can, which seems to be pretty rare anymore.

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:52:58 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I see him on ebay a lot he should come over...I gave gametz a try, I put the prices i wanted for stuff and someone sent me a offer but wanted asked if he could have a discount. I simply pm back saying thanks but ill pass..he then goes and posts on my thread I have no intentions of sending first....lol I didnt say anything to him but I will pass on his offer...So im not going back there anymore..

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:29:27 PM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I can understand them trying to make a safe trading enviroment but for me to have to send off some rare game before that person pays is ridiculous. I might be new to the site but not new to collecting. They do tend to have to many rules though. I highly doubt I will ever do any major trading over there unless it's my money for his/her rare title.

Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:34:22 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Just trade small at first, and once you have 10 positive trades most people will be willing to send at the same time, and if it's money, they'll send first.

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:43:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Just make it a point to post references (ask around these sites:_____________) and if it's money, use eBay rules (payment first). Most people there are decent, but some will try and take advantage of the "n00b." And that's when you get all medieval on their asses! Or something. Yeah...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee