Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FS: "Gimmick!" NTSC (J) Full Audio Requires resistor hack, resistor included with instructions.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:58:15 PM
Scucci (5)
(Johnson N Johnson) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Watch that enter key when posting... 

Anywho...

SOLD:
adler_0 : Paid : Shipping August 1
nesguy : Paid : Shipping August 1

$50, or $40 if you provide the donor.

Not going to call it a limited run... but I'm not expecting to sell many.

Labels will not be numbered as I have not set goal as far as how many I'd like to sell... honestly, I'll keep making them if people keep wanting them.

First come, first serve. If I run out of the extra boards and more orders come in, I will order another batch of boards and make some more. Granted, it takes about 3-4 weeks for the boards to be made, shipped, and arrive. So, needless to say, there will be a waiting period after the first 8.

As stating in the topic summary, for full audio this game does require a resistor hack. For those with stereo modded NES systems I don't believe the extra audio will be split and fed through the different channels of your stereo mod. I'm not sure which channel they will show up on, but they'll only be on one of them. A resistor and instructions (with picture) will be included on how to install the resistor mod. The resistor mod won't effect any other game you play on your system, just this one and the PowerPak if you already have that.

For full disclosure, I feel the need to point out that there MAY be an upcoming release in the next few months of the North American NTSC Prototype "Mr. Gimmick". So, be aware that there may be another version of this game coming out eventually. Keep that in mind if you're wanting to buy one of these.

Because of the cost of materials, and the time it takes to assemble and install the extra audio circuit, the price of this game will $50 shipped. If you supply a donor cart the price will be $40. The only cart that will work for this game is "Batman: Return of the Joker"... I settled on $10 credit as that is the cheapest I've seen them on eBay with shipping. But, I do have enough carts to get 3 of them out the door on "opening day". I will begin shipping these August 1st.

Depending on how many parts I have in to make these, there may be a few days delay between payment and shipping as I'll have to order in more.

My paypal address is [email protected] Please do not email me there as I have some very strict email rules and most everything I get goes to the spam folder. Please reply to this thread or message me (I prefer reply to the thread though) if you have any questions.

Label will be like the image below. Some parts have been enlarged on the right to show detail.

The resistor mod required is pictured below. It takes less than 10 mins, including disassembly time. There are videos on youtube of how to do the mod, or I can put another one up if you're interested. Either way, instructions, resistor, and some solder will be included with the game. You will have to supply the soldering iron... most everyone should have one or atleast know of someone that does. If not, they're about $10 at RadioShack and are generally just good to have around.

And because I know it's going to be asked... This mod will only work with the toaster NES systems. So, in turn, this game will only fully work with toasters. Toploaders don't have the extra hardware needed to do the mod like this. It WILL play on toploaders, but you will be missing all the extra sounds that the chip enables.

I think that about covers everything I can think of off the top of my head, please reply with any other questions and I'll answer them here. I prefer to answer them in the thread so that I'm not answering the same question over and over again.

Video of gameplay: 

Also, I finally saw both endings yesterday, neither of which require any translation. The game is in full English minus the subtitle at the games title screen.

-------------------------

Edited: 07/28/2010 at 02:10 AM by Scucci

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:18:17 PM
Palcom (29)
(Mergim M.) < Lolo Lord >
Austria
Yeah, blank forum post ftw.

Searching for CIB PAL-B NOE or FRG games... PM me now! :D

Sale/Trade Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hards...

Originally posted by: Megamanfan

I don't know how to ship internationaly.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:24:55 PM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Palcom

Yeah, blank forum post ftw.

Yeah, gotta watch that enter key when you're typing in the topic. lol Sorry about that.

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:59:52 PM
Hilmarf (13)
(Tork Anonymous) < El Ripper >
Norway
Great label! "Neglected series"...love it!

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:17:07 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
(Gimmick, Mr.) < King Solomon >
Connecticut

I may be interested as soon as I get my next paycheck, will let you know!

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:43:29 PM
adler_0 (60)
(Jesse Hric) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon
Paid

------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any "display only" N64 boxes.  PM me, $$$.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:47:05 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
What do you think Mr.Gimmick?

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:30:32 PM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
Once I get some money, I'll grab me one for sure!

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:54:48 PM
kcsims (16)
(Kevin Sims) < Eggplant Wizard >
Louisiana

I'll take one. When will you ship them out?

I haven't done the audio mod yet, is there any difference to regular games with this done?

Edited: 07/25/2010 at 12:04 AM by kcsims

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:01:07 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Do you need the audio mod for it to be playable, or will it just be missing some of the sound? Music, SFX, or both?

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:04:57 AM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
I will start shipping them August 1.

Regular games play perfectly normal with the audio mod.

The game will play without the audio mod (resistor), but it will be missing some game sounds (the star for example), and some of the instruments will be missing from the music. After playing it with the extra sounds, it just sounds... ... hollow I guess is the way to put it.

Again, the audio mod (as it is) will only work with the toaster style NES. I've been thinking about getting a toploader to figure something out for it.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:06:17 PM
adler_0 (60)
(Jesse Hric) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon
Were these shipped yet? I still haven't gotten mine.

------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any "display only" N64 boxes.  PM me, $$$.

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:44:24 PM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
Yes, they were shipped... and I JUST realized (literally about 2 seconds ago) that I didn't put in the friggin' solder.

Sorry, the past couple of weeks have been a little weird for me and I'm kinda frazzled. I can drop some solder in an envelope and get it out tomorrow if needed. The resisters are in there, thank God I remembered to tape them to the cart before the fit hit the shan.

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:10:02 PM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
Okay, 2 out there so far. Good response from 1, nothing from the other.

IF there is anything wrong with the game, please let me know.

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:52:44 PM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Hm, interesting. I just saw this referred to from elsewhere. I'll consider it.

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:27:26 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Hey Scucci do you have any of the little sound boards made up, I would like to buy just that and a wiring diagram so I can make my own cart. How much for just that.

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:49:31 PM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
I don't have any wiring diagrams for it... but all the inputs on the board are labeled. D0-D7, A13, A14, /CE, R/W, M2 (clock), +5, GND, and AO+ (audio out). They all match up to the pinout of the PRG ROM and AO+ just goes to the PowerPak resistor mod. If you want just the board I'll send one out for $30 shipped. That's fully populated with all the resistors, diode, capacitors, ICs (including the 8912)... I'll toss in the 47k resistor if you need it as well.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:45:49 AM
A2600 (17)
(Letter Carrier) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
I am interested in purchasing a cart, can I send my payment to your listed pay pal address?

Is it possible to use a label that I created instead of yours?

Thanks

Bryan

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:24:33 PM
A2600 (17)
Florida
I want to buy it can you please contact me

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:36:15 PM
chupaskabra (88)
(Antonio Valdez) < El Ripper >
Texas
damn i totally missed this thread are these still available?

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:22:20 PM
A2600 (17)
Florida
Thats what I want to know, I really want to play this game

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:24:24 PM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: A2600

Thats what I want to know, I really want to play this game

If you haven't already I would suggest sending a PM. That is the way to get a quick response.

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:32:00 PM
A2600 (17)
Florida
I did you can tell I am a little desperate

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:42:50 PM
Scucci (5)
Tennessee
Okay... that's weird.

I'll put a few more of these together if you guys are really interested. I came across 3 carts, so I have enough for 3. I'm short 1 chip on one of the extra boards, so I'd have to order one of those in as well.

If you're really interested, let me know.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if I make any more... it won't be until after the WoW fiasco is over, and the DK thing is shipped. I don't want to get too bogged down. All that stuff should be over with soon though.

Edited: 01/04/2011 at 11:49 PM by Scucci