Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

**NintendoAge Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2016** Who's a Bad Enough Dude to Compete?

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50:04 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Hello NintendoAge and welcome to the 2016 NintendoAge Weekly Contests!  For the seventh straight year, guillavoie and myself will be managing and moderating the weekly NES game contests, so please feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about anything related to the contests.  Also, a big thank you goes out to bertsampson for manning the leaderboards this year, so if anyone has any questions or concerns about the leaderboards, please feel free to send him a PM.  There are going to be several changes to the contests this year, most notably a new leaderboard point system, one year-end tournament, one year-long leaderboard and genre leaderboards, participation scores for each contest, and a little bit lighter of a schedule so no one gets completely burned out playing their NES games this year.  All the changes will be outlined below.  Good luck to everyone who participates!

Weekly Contest Moderators
bimmy_lee
guillavoie

Weekly Contest Helpers
bertsampson (leaderboards)

GENERAL CONTEST RULES

Please read these rules carefully before you submit a score.  Failure to comply with the rules may result in your score being disqualified.  If you're new to the contests, please take a few minutes to read over the rules to make sure you submit your scores correctly.

Posting Scores

- In order to submit a score for the contest, take a picture of your score with your NA user name written or typed on a piece of paper, which must be present in the picture. Your NA user name MUST be in the picture or the score will be invalid.
- The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.
- Old scores from past contests are not acceptable as submissions.  You must play the game during the week it has been selected for the contests.  Anyone suspected as passing off an old score as a new one will have their score disqualified and asked to resubmit a new one.
- When posting a new score, please begin your post by typing out your score.  Larger font (18pt) is preferred.
- If you are posting an updated score, please edit your initial post with the new photo and score. You can still create a separate new post as a bump to notify you edited your score if desired.  Editing your original post makes it much easier for the contest organizers to tally up the scores at the end of the week and also ensures that we don't make a mistake and credit you for the wrong score.

Systems

- NTSC systems will be the only consoles allowed for the contests.  PAL systems and games will not be allowed.  There are some PAL games that are optimized to run at the same speed and difficulty as NTSC games.  These will be allowed for use in the contests, but you MUST contact me or guillavoie first before using such a game so that we can investigate it.  Failure to contact us first could result in your score being disqualified.

Emulators

- Emulators ARE allowed to be used in the weekly contests. However, anything that may give a player an advantage with an emulator over playing on the system is NOT allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, save states, Game Genie codes, altered ROMS, and turbo controls.  It is preferred if everyone plays on a console.
- There may be some weeks where emulator use will not be allowed.  If I choose not to use emulators for a specific week, it will be noted in the rules.  This means NO emulators can be used whatsoever and the game MUST be played on a console.  If we play a game and emulators are forbidden and someone still submits a score using an emulator, the score will be ignored and you will receive a warning from me.

PowerPak

- A PowerPak IS allowed to be used in the competition with the same regulations as with emulators. You may not use save states, Game Genies codes, altered ROMs or anything else that would give you an advantage over playing with the regular cartridge.

Points and Leaderboards

- **NEW FOR 2016** Each week the top 8 players who submitted scores will earn points as follows:

1st – 11 points
     2nd – 10 points
     3rd – 9 points
     4th – 8 points
     5th – 7 points
     6th – 6 points
     7th – 5 points
     8th – 4 points
     Participation – 3 points

- Anyone who finishes below 8th place will earn 3 participation points.
- There will only be 1 regular leaderboard throughout the year, which will lead right up to the tournament.  The leaderboard style will be the same as 2015 and all points on the leaderboard will be cumulative.
- Even if you feel you can't finish in the top 8 one week because the game selected is too hard for you, still go for those participation points.  It can go a long way on the leaderboard, especially with the tiered tournament.  Remember, even if you only score 10 points on the leaderboard, it could still get you into the tournament on the lowest tier.
- There will still be genre leaderboards for 2016.  The six genres are:

Action/Platformer
     Arcade
     Beat 'Em Up
     Puzzle
     Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up
     Sports

- All games played in the 2016 contests will be reflective of those genres.  The genre leaderboards will use the same point system as the regular leaderboard, and whoever finishes atop each leaderboard prior to the start of the year-end tournament will win a genre icon.
- The genre leaderboards are just for fun and will not impact anyone's standing in the tournaments.  So, if you feel you excel at Beat 'Em Ups, go for the Beat 'Em Up icon.

Participation Score

- There may be instances where the rules of a game will require you to attain a minimum number of points in order to earn participation points for that week.  For example, if we play Double Dragon, you may be required to score at least 50,000 to earn participation points toward the leaderboard.  Participation scores will be noted in the rules if they will be used for a specific week.  In the event we set a participation score, any scores submitted that do not meet the minimum amount of points will be ignored.

Controllers

- Turbo Controllers are NOT allowed to be used. Neither are any controllers that give you any advantage over regular controllers, such as slow motion or turbo ability.
- If anyone is suspected of using turbo functions, slow motion abilities, etc from a controller, your score will be disqualified and you will be banned from further competition.

Cheating

- Cheating will NOT be tolerated in any form. This contest is based on trust and honor. Anyone found cheating will be banned from further competition. A lot of time is spent on these contests, from selecting games to choosing the perfect rules that fit each game to playtesting the rules, as well as many other things. If you cheat, you are wasting my time and the time of everyone else competing in these contests.  If you feel the need to cheat, do not participate in the contests and cheat on your own time.
- The use of point glitches to intentionally increase (or in the case of a low score contest, decrease) your score are frowned upon and not allowed in the contests.  If a point glitch is discovered that can create an unfair advantage, the rules for the game will be altered to ban the glitch.  Anyone suspected of using point glitches will have their score disqualified.
- If there is suspicion of a participant cheating, I will review the case and the member may be asked to present further evidence of their score.  Further evidence includes, but is not limited to, video recordings and/or extra pictures.
- If you suspect another participant of cheating, do NOT call them out in the contest threads.  Please send guillavoie or myself a PM and we will review the score.  Posting accusations in the contest threads creates unnecessary drama and stress for all involved and will NOT be tolerated.

Sportsmanship and Overall Conduct

- Please be a good sport while playing in the weekly contests.  While smack talk and the occasional vent are fine, please do not get carried away with it.  This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, excessive venting/complaining/whining, excessive profanity, cocky attitudes, arguing with contest moderators, accusations of cheating, etc.  Participants who cannot be good sports will receive a warning from me.  If your overall conduct is still considered to be in poor taste, you will be banned from the contests.
- Disrupting of the weekly contests in any way will NOT be tolerated.  This includes, but is not limited to, trolling, name calling, unauthorized prize giveaways, unnecessary drama, etc.  Anyone who disrupts the weekly contests in any form will be reported to a site moderator.

Tournaments

- There will be only one tournament played this year and that will be hosted in late October/early November.  The official start date for the tournament is set for October 23, 2016.  See the below schedule for the start date for each round.
- The format for the 2016 is still being considered, but may still involve the three-tiered style we have been using.  In the event of a three-tiered tournament, the competition would see players from the top of the leaderboard face each other, players from the middle of the leaderboard face each other, and players from the bottom of the leaderboard face each other.
- It will be an elimination-style competition for prizes.
- Icons will be awarded to the champions of each tier.
- The number of competitors will be based on how many people participate and will be announced prior to the start of the tournament.
- Anyone who earns a spot in the tournament will receive a PM from me asking for them to confirm their tournament spot prior to the start of the competition.  Those who can't or are unwilling to participate will have their spot forfeited to the next available person.
- Anyone who plays in the weekly contests will have a chance to participate in the tournament and a chance to win a prize

RANDOM PRIZES

- Random prizes will be given out again throughout the year, but will be at my discretion.  These will be announced at random with no particular dates set in stone.  More than likely, anyone who participates in a particular contest will entered into a drawing for a chance to win a prize.  These prizes will be video game related in some way.
- To make it fair for everyone who plays in the contests, you can only win one random prize for the year.
- For contests that have a random prize, cheating will NOT be tolerated.  Anyone suspected of cheating will be disqualified from winning the prize and banned from further contests.  Random prizes will be stopped entirely if problems begin to arise.  Let's make this a fun thing to do.
- If anyone is interested in donating prizes to the weekly contests, please contact me first so arrangements can be made.  Do not feel compelled to have to donate to the weekly contests, but if you really want to, feel free to talk to me about it
- If anyone wants to give away a prize on their own time for a particular contest, you must contact me first to get authorization to do so.  Any unauthorized giveaways will NOT be allowed.
- In the event you win a prize, whether it be a random drawing or a tournament prize, I will send you a PM requesting your mailing address.  When giving me your mailing address, please give me your full name (first and last name) and not just your first name or NA user name.  I want to ensure you receive your prize quickly and safely.  I don't want to have any packages returned to me by the post office because "MoofMilker69" isn't a real name.  Once your package leaves my hands and is submitted to the post office, I am not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or returned packages.  If you are afraid something may happen to your prize, please request insurance.

GAMES FOR 2016

Here is the list of all games that will be played in the weekly contests for 2016.  This list may be revised with or without notice, but I will make sure I announce to everyone if a game is going to be changed.

THIS WEEK'S GAME: IRONSWORD: WIZARDS & WARRIORS 2

Rules

• Play until Game Over.  No continuing allowed
  • Using the glitch to allow yourself to keep your magic power after each level is forbidden
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: Reach the clouds sequence in the first level
  • GENRE: Action/Platformer

UPCOMING GAMES FOR 2016

NOTE: This list may be revised with or without notice.  The genre for each game is listed after the game title.  If we are playing a game for the first time in the history of the Weekly Contests, the note "1st Time" will listed after the genre.  We will be taking several breaks this year to prevent burnout amongst the contest organizers and participants and to better prepare rules for future contests.  In the event we are not playing a game for a specific week, it will be noted as such on the schedule.  After the tournament has concluded, I want to run a month and a half long contest for a special prize.  It would have no impact whatsoever on the leaderboards and would be something fun for us to do after everything has wrapped up for the year while we wait for the 2017 contests.  The details of this are still being planned and it could be cancelled with or without notice depending on the interest level, time constraints of the contest organizers (this will be played around the holidays, so keep that in mind), etc.

7/10/16 – 7/17/16: Paperboy (Arcade)
7/17/16 – 7/24/16: Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors 2 (Action/Platformer) (1st Time)
7/24/16 – 7/31/16: Wrecking Crew (Puzzle)
7/31/16 – 8/7/16: Isolated Warrior (Shooter/Shoot ‘Em Up) (1st Time)
8/7/16 – 8/14/16: Rollergames (Beat ‘Em Up) (1st Time)
8/14/16 – 8/21/16: Lunar Pool (Sports) (1st Time)
8/21/16 – 8/28/16: no contest (break week)
8/28/16 – 9/4/16: Pinball (Arcade)
9/4/16 – 9/11/16: Danny Sullivan’s Indy Heat (Sports) (1st Time)
9/11/16 – 9/18/16: Road Blasters (Shooter/Shoot ‘Em Up) (1st Time)
9/18/16 – 9/25/16: Mighty Bomb Jack (Action/Platformer) (1st Time)
9/25/16 – 10/2/16: Mendel Palace (Puzzle)
10/2/16 – 10/9/16: Kick Master (Beat ‘Em Up)
10/9/16 – 10/16/16: no contest (break week/tournament preparation)
10/16/16 – 10/23/16: no contest (break week/tournament preparation)
10/23/16 – 10/30/16: Tournament round 1
10/30/16 – 11/6/16: Tournament round 2
11/6/16 – 11/13/16: Tournament round 3
11/13/16 – 12/31/16: Special year-end contest (Game TBD)

**AWARDS ICONS**

As many of you may have noticed, many users on the site have awards icons listed below their profile information on the forums.  "How do I earn one of these icons" you say?  Here are the different icons you can win (Note: The 2015 icons for genre awards are being used as an example until the 2016 icons are created):

2015 Year-End Tournament:

Tier 1

1st place  2nd place  3rd place

Tier 2

Tier 3

2015 Genre Awards:

Action/Platformer Genre Champion: Finish atop the Action/Platformer Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Arcade Genre Champion: Finish atop the Arcade Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Beat 'Em Up Genre Champion: Finish atop the Beat 'Em Up Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Puzzle Genre Champion: Finish atop the Puzzle Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up Genre Champion: Finish atop the Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Sports Genre Champion: Finish atop the Sports Genre Leaderboard to earn this icon

Game Contest Participant: Play in any contest to earn this icon (Some of you may already have this icon from playing in past contests)

If anyone has any questions about the icons or how to earn them, please feel free to send a PM to guillavoie or myself.  Good luck everyone and have fun!!

WANTED

Contest icon designer found!  Thanks BertBerryCrunch

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 01/30/2017 at 06:35 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50:21 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan

Updated thru Week 34: Kick Master (Final)
Place Points Username
1st 251 bertsampson
2nd 224 Brock Landers
3rd 201 skinnygrinny
4 134 mbd39
5 131 arnpoly
6 110 Krunch
7 108 Richardhead
8 105 ToxieRules
9 101 JamesRobot
10 99 gutsman004
11 98 Ferris Bueller
12 95 laddersandcakes
13 94 barrelsAndRivets
14 92 SuperJimtendo
15 88 Commander Santa
16 83 Bea_Iank
17 82 smick
T-17 82 TWarwick07
19 81 EgasKrad
20 80 Seppatoni
21 73 Jandrem
22 68 zobber
23 67 tablew/chairs
24 53 Mega Tank
25 36 Red
T-25 36 Stryphos
27 33 erizisto
28 30 the tall guy
29 25 xtremegamer
30 24 dirk12121212
31 23 MegaMartyr
T-31 23 UncleTusk
33 22 Thomahawk12
34 21 BriGuy82
T-34 21 Kawaii_kills
36 19 ne$_pimp
37 18 Teknoskan
38 15 killerkobra
T-38 15 mattbep
T-38 15 Philosoraptor
41 14 alpenanews0506
42 12 BingoRingo
T-42 12 dukeofhurl99
T-42 12 kamakaze_ekun
T-42 12 Zaam
46 11 Alder
T-46 11 cleure
48 10 dra600n
T-48 10 ookii_risu
50 9 AnalogNightmare
T-50 9 DefaultGen
T-50 9 GameboyRicky
T-50 9 hitmantommy
T-50 9 matt
T-50 9 Milwaukee_Nintendo
56 8 Vectrex280996
57 6 atlien003
T-57 6 BilltownSparty
T-57 6 buttheadrulesagain
T-57 6 Double0seven
T-57 6 Liminy
T-57 6 Mrs. Landers
T-57 6 rokubungi
64 4 jonest3
65 3 AppleTractorBeam
T-65 3 cirellio
T-65 3 csylve01
T-65 3 Dmusic88
T-65 3 Fluffy
T-65 3 GoldeneyeGamer
T-65 3 G-Type
T-65 3 NESking80
T-65 3 NostalgicMachine
T-65 3 punishment
T-65 3 Quack
T-65 3 scaryice
T-65 3 senorchocotaco
T-65 3 Shane
T-65 3 winterion

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Action/Platformer
Place Score Username
1 38 Brock Landers
2 37 bertsampson
3 36 skinnygrinny
4 35 Bea_Iank
5 23 Krunch
6 22 Jandrem
7 21 SuperJimtendo
8 20 gutsman004
T-8 20 Seppatoni
10 19 ToxieRules
11 18 Richardhead
12 17 mbd39
13 16 Commander Santa
T-13 16 JamesRobot
15 15 arnpoly
T-15 15 barrelsAndRivets
T-15 15 Ferris Bueller
T-15 15 laddersandcakes
19 12 EgasKrad
T-19 12 zobber
21 11 erizisto
22 10 tablew/chairs
23 9 kamakaze_ekun
T-23 9 TWarwick07
25 6 Kawaii_kills
T-25 6 Mega Tank
T-25 6 ne$_pimp
T-25 6 smick
29 5 Vectrex280996
T-29 5 the tall guy
31 3 Philosoraptor
T-31 3 Milwaukee_Nintendo
T-31 3 rokubungi
T-31 3 BilltownSparty
T-31 3 alpenanews0506
T-31 3 NostalgicMachine
T-31 3 scaryice
T-31 3 matt
T-31 3 hitmantommy
T-31 3 MegaMartyr
T-31 3 Red
T-31 3 Mrs. Landers
T-31 3 Stryphos
T-31 3 xtremegamer
T-31 3 atlien003
T-31 3 killerkobra
T-31 3 Thomahawk12

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Puzzle
Place Score Username
1 41 bertsampson
2 37 Brock Landers
3 26 mbd39
4 23 smick
T-4 23 barrelsAndRivets
6 22 gutsman004
7 20 skinnygrinny
T-7 20 arnpoly
9 17 Krunch
10 16 ToxieRules
11 15 Richardhead
T-11 15 JamesRobot
T-11 15 Egaskrad
14 14 Mega Tank
15 13 TWarwick07
16 12 laddersandcakes
T-16 12 Ferris Bueller
T-16 12 Seppatoni
T-16 12 SuperJimtendo
20 11 cleure
T-20 11 Alder
T-20 11 tablew/chairs
23 10 UncleTusk
T-23 10 the tall guy
25 9 GameboyRicky
T-25 9 Jandrem
27 6 Red
T-27 6 Stryphos
T-27 6 Commander Santa
T-27 6 zobber
T-27 6 Bea_Iank
32 5 alpenanews0506
T-32 5 AnalogNightmare
34 4 erizisto
35 3 Philosoraptor
T-35 3 MegaMartyr
T-35 3 Shane
T-35 3 Vectrex280996
T-35 3 csylve01
T-35 3 BilltownSparty
T-35 3 Milwaukee_Nintendo
T-35 3 BriGuy82
T-35 3 matt
T-35 3 kamakaze_ekun
T-35 3 Kawaii_kills
T-35 3 mattbep
T-35 3 Mrs. Landers
T-35 3 ne$_pimp
T-35 3 hitmantommy
T-35 3 xtremegamer
T-35 3 dirk12121212
T-35 3 winterion
T-35 3 AppleTractorBeam
T-35 3 buttheadrulesagain
T-35 3 atlien003
T-35 3 Zaam
T-35 3 Thomahawk12

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Beat 'em Up
Place Score Username
1 47 Brock Landers
2 36 skinnygrinny
3 30 mdb39
4 28 bertsampson
5 26 arnpoly
6 22 Richardhead
7 21 laddersandcakes
T-7 21 Ferris Bueller
9 20 ToxieRules
T-9 20 JamesRobot
11 19 Krunch
12 18 Jandrem
13 17 SuperJimtendo
T-13 17 barrelsAndRivets
15 14 TWarwick07
16 12 zobber
T-16 12 EgasKrad
T-16 12 Seppatoni
19 11 Commander Santa
T-19 11 tablew/chairs
21 10 dra600n
T-21 10 gutsman004
23 9 BriGuy82
24 6 MegaMartyr
T-24 6 smick
26 4 AnalogNightmare
27 3 mattbep
T-27 3 rokubungi
T-27 3 Kawaii_kills
T-27 3 Red
T-27 3 Milwaukee_Nintendo
T-27 3 hitmantommy
T-27 3 dukeofhurl99
T-27 3 xtremegamer
T-27 3 Stryphos
T-27 3 dirk12121212
T-27 3 BingoRingo
T-27 3 Mega Tank
T-27 3 killerkobra
T-27 3 Bea_Iank
T-27 3 Thomahawk12

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Arcade
Place Score Username
1 46 bertsampson
2 38 Brock Landers
3 26 skinnygrinny
4 24 arnpoly
5 22 ToxieRules
6 21 Red
7 20 laddersandcakes
8 19 Richardhead
T-8 19 TWarwick07
T-8 19 JamesRobot
11 18 Mega Tank
12 17 zobber
T-12 17 Commander Santa
T-12 17 mbd39
15 16 gutsman004
T-15 16 Ferris Bueller
T-15 16 Krunch
18 15 barrelsAndRivets
T-18 15 SuperJimtendo
T-18 15 tablew/chairs
21 14 Bea_Iank
22 12 EgasKrad
T-22 12 smick
T-22 12 Seppatoni
25 10 ookii_risu
26 9 erizisto
T-26 9 killerkobra
T-26 9 Jandrem
29 7 ne$_pimp
30 6 Stryphos
T-30 6 Kawaii_kills
T-30 6 xtremegamer
T-30 6 alpenanews0506
T-30 6 BingoRingo
T-30 6 dirk12121212
T-30 6 zaam
37 5 MegaMartyr
38 4 Teknoskan
39 3 cirellio
T-39 3 Philosoraptor
T-39 3 UncleTusk
T-39 3 mattbep
T-39 3 matt
T-39 3 Dmusic88
T-39 3 Liminy
T-39 3 punishment
T-39 3 the tall guy
T-39 3 GoldenEyeGamer
T-39 3 BriGuy82
T-39 3 buttheadrulesagain
T-39 3 dukeofhurl99
T-39 3 NESking80
T-39 3 DefaultGen
T-39 3 senorchocotaco

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up
Place Score Username
1 52 skinnygrinny
2 51 bertsampson
3 40 Brock Landers
4 31 arnpoly
5 25 mbd39
6 18 laddersandcakes
7 17 Richardhead
8 15 gutsman004
T-8 15 JamesRobot
T-8 15 EgasKrad
11 14 ToxieRules
T-11 14 Bea_Iank
T-11 14 Ferris Bueller
14 12 SuperJimtendo
T-14 12 Commander Santa
T-14 12 zobber
T-14 12 smick
T-14 12 Seppatoni
19 11 TWarwick07
20 10 Jandrem
21 9 Stryphos
T-21 9 erizisto
T-21 9 barrelsAndRivets
T-21 9 Krunch
T-21 9 tablew/chairs
26 8 the tall guy
27 6 Mega Tank
T-27 6 dirk12121212
29 4 xtremegamer
30 3 Philosoraptor
T-30 3 MegaMartyr
T-30 3 ne$_pimp
T-30 3 Double0seven
T-30 3 Kawaii_kills
T-30 3 Fluffy
T-30 3 Teknoskan
T-30 3 mattbep
T-30 3 Thomahawk12
T-30 3 BriGuy82
T-30 3 DefaultGen

GENRE LEADERBOARD
Sports
Place Score Username
1 48 bertsampson
2 31 skinnygrinny
3 26 Krunch
T-3 26 Commander Santa
5 24 Brock Landers
6 23 smick
7 20 Ferries Bueller
8 19 mbd39
9 17 Richardhead
10 16 gutsman004
T-10 16 TWarwick07
T-10 16 JamesRobot
13 15 barrelsAndRivets
T-13 15 arnpoly
T-13 15 SuperJimtendo
T-13 15 EgasKrad
17 14 ToxieRules
18 12 laddersandcakes
T-18 12 Seppatoni
20 11 Teknoskan
T-20 11 Bea_Iank
T-20 11 tablew/chairs
23 10 UncleTusk
T-23 10 Thomahawk12
25 9 Stryphos
T-25 9 zobber
27 6 Mega Tank
T-27 6 xtremegamer
T-27 6 dukeofhurl99
T-27 6 dirk12121212
31 5 Jandrem
32 4 the tall guy
T-32 4 jonest3
34 3 Red
T-34 3 Philosoraptor
T-34 3 MegaMartyr
T-34 3 Quack
T-34 3 liminy
T-34 3 BingoRingo
T-34 3 mattbep
T-34 3 Double0Seven
T-34 3 Zaam
T-34 3 BriGuy82
T-34 3 DefaultGen
T-34 3 G-Type

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 12:44 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50:27 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
WEEKLY TOP SCORERS

Week 1: Feb 14 - Feb 21

Super Mario Bros.
(Action/Platformer)
Place Score Username
1 1,237,250 erizisto
2 1,134,700 skinnygrinny
3 1,103,350 kamakaze_ekun
4 987,500 bertsampson
5 893,850 Brock Landers
6 860,050 TWarwick07
7 850,650 Vectrex280996
8 705,350 Commander Santa
9 585,600 gutsman004
10 528,900 Richardhead

Week 2: Feb 14 - Feb 28

Tetris
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 636,960 cleure
2 560,053 UncleTusk
3 550,518 GameboyRicky
4 351,293 bertsampson
5 308,671 smick
6 283,614 Red
7 257,500 alpenanews0506
8 253,247 erizisto
9 239,828 arnpoly
10 233,546 Commander Santa

Week 3: Feb 28 - Mar 6

Kung Fu
(Beat 'em Up)
Place Score Username
1 1,294,640 TWarwick07
2 1,190,170 dra600n
3 1,103,140 bertsampson
4 1,035,940 skinnygrinny
5 749,140 Brock Landers
6 693,610 laddersandcakes
7 556,650 Commander Santa
8 521,300 gutsman004
9 485,760 arnpoly
10 424,290 mattbep

Week 4: Mar 6 - Mar 13

Donkey Kong Jr.
(Arcade)
Place Score Username
1 1,481,600 bertsampson
2 733,800 Red
3 532,700 erizisto
4 429,600 zobber
5 310,800 skinnygrinny
6 274,400 Brock Landers
7 270,900 MegaMartyr
8 246,200 Ferris Bueller
9 236,200 TWarwick07
10 230,300 cirellio

Week 5: Mar 13 - Mar 20

(Shooter)
Place Score Username
1 2,534,200 bertsampson
2 2,391,000 skinnygrinny
3 2,224,800 Stryphos
4 1,554,100 Brock Landers
5 1,346,600 Jandrem
6 938,400 arnpoly
7 871,000 TWarwick07
8 863,400 mbd39
9 821,800 Commander Santa
10 789,400 Philosoraptor

Week 6: Mar 20 - Mar 27

Rad Racer
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 66,219 skinnygrinny
2 65,832 bertsampson
3 61,180 Richardhead
4 58,079 Commander Santa
5 57,556 smick
6 57,282 Stryphos
7 57,108 ToxieRules
8 54,549 JamesRobot
9 53,388 Brock Landers
10 49,041 laddersandcakes

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: Apr 3 - Apr 10

Pac-Man
(Arcade)
Place Score Username
1 274,270 bertsampson
2 78,850 Brock Landers
3 75,980 ToxieRules
4 66,460 Richardhead
5 53,920 gutsman004
6 53,490 Mega Tank
7 52,500 skinnygrinny
8 52,120 ne$_pimp
9 51,570 Commander Santa
10 47,910 barrelsAndRivets

Week 9: Apr 10 - Apr 17

Double Dragon
(Beat 'em Up)
Place Area Score Username
1 Completed 22,670 skinnygrinny
2 Completed 23,770 Brock Landers
3 Completed 24,060 BriGuy82
4 Completed 25,140 JamesRobot
5 Completed 25,930 ToxieRules
6 Completed 28,600 bertsampson
7 Completed 29,960 mbd39
8 Completed 34,090 Richardhead
9 Completed 38,310 gutsman004
10 Completed 57,690 SuperJimtendo

Week 10: Apr 17 - Apr 24

Ghosts 'n' Goblins
(Action/Platformer)
Place Score Username
1 711,300 Bea_Iank
2 673,100 ToxieRules
3 548,000 Brock Landers
4 277,400 skinnygrinny
5 245,200 bertsampson
6 231,500 Jandrem
7 225,500 SuperJimtendo
8 219,400 gutsman004
9 204,900 Richardhead
10 188,200 laddersandcakes

Week 11: Apr 24 - May 1

Baseball
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 40 bertsampson
2 35 TWarwick07
3 33 ToxieRules
4 31 Brock Landers
5 24 gutsman004
6 20 smick
7 19 Richardhead
8 8 (17-9) Commander Santa
9 8 (14-6) xtremegamer
10 7 Seppatoni

Week 12: May 1 - May 8

Legendary Wings
(Shooter/Shoot 'em Up)
1 Game Completed 71,100 bertsampson
2 Game Completed 73,100 skinnygrinny
3 Game Completed 81,400 Brock Landers
4 Game Completed 98,900 ToxieRules
5 Game Completed 223,200 Richardhead
6 Stage 4 Horizontal 223,800 mbd39
7 Stage 4 End of Vertical 237,600 laddersandcakes
8 Stage 3 End of Horizontal 394,700 xtremegamer
9 Stage 3 Horizontal 146,500 SuperJimtendo
10 Stage 3 Beginning of Horizontal 527,500 EgasKrad

Week 13: May 8 - May 15

Yoshi's Cookie
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 98,400 Alder
2 79,280 ToxieRules
3 75,400 bertsampson
4 72,740 Brock Landers
5 68,940 mbd39
6 63,260 smick
7 61,130 arnpoly
8 60,680 Richardhead
9 59,900 skinnygrinny
10 58,090 barrelsAndRivets

Week 14: BYE

Week 15: May 22 - May 29

Bubble Bobble
(Arcade)
Place Score Username
1 1,516,850 bertsampson
2 1,491,650 ToxieRules
3 1,277,600 killerkobra
4 1,219,520 skinnygrinny
5 1,205,640 Brock Landers
6 1,160,680 arnpoly
7 1,071,140 Richardhead
8 984,780 Krunch
9 950,390 mbd39
10 867,860 Bea_Iank

Week 16: May 29 - June 5

BattleToads
(Beat 'em Up)
1 Game Completed 673,150 arnpoly
2 Game Completed 738,000 ToxieRules
3 Game Completed 738,150 Brock Landers
4 Game Completed 763,200 Richardhead
5 Stage 10 Rat Race 999,999 mbd39
6 Stage 9 Terra Tubes 559,450 skinnygrinny
7 Stage 8 Boss 553,650 SuperJimtendo
8 Stage 8 Intruder Excluder 460,700 bertsampson
9 Stage 7 Volkmire's Inferno 675,600 Krunch
10 Stage 6 Snake Pit 474,050 Seppatoni

Week 17: June 5 - June 12

Adventure Island II
(Action/Platformer)
Place Score Username
1 434,920 Seppatoni
2 430,360 SuperJimtendo
3 422,630 Richardhead
4 421,920 Brock Landers
5 398,520 Krunch
6 351,290 ToxieRules
7 323,720 bertsampson
8 311,260 Bea_Iank
9 268,930 skinnygrinny
10 232,720 barrelsAndRivets

Week 18: June 12 - June 19

Q*bert
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 138,920 Brock Landers
2 137,430 gutsman004
3 125,220 bertsampson
4 106,810 Krunch
5 82,110 skinnygrinny
6 60,090 Bea_Iank
7 58,030 Richardhead
8 35,400 TWarwick07
9 34,300 winterion
10 29,190 Commander Santa

Week 19: June 19 - June 26

Golf
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 -17 (55) Teknoskan
2 -12 (60) UncleTusk
T-2 -12 (60) bertsampson
4 -11 (61) Ferris Bueller
5 -8 (64) skinnygrinny
6 -7 (65) gutsman004
T-6 -7 (65) Krunch
8 -6 (66) the tall guy
9 -5 (67) Brock Landers
10 -3 (69) Commander Santa

Week 20: June 26 - July 3

Gyruss
(Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up)
Place Score Username
1 968,400 skinnygrinny
2 885,050 arnpoly
3 842,150 Brock Landers
4 821,450 bertsampson
5 795,800 gutsman004
6 683,600 Bea_Iank
7 633,650 the tall guy
8 616,150 laddersandcakes
9 416,300 zobber
10 382,350 Ferris Bueller

Week 21: BYE

Week 22: July 10 - July 17

Paperboy
(Arcade)
Place Score Username
1 234,450 Bea_Iank
2 174,100 bertsampson
3 163,800 tablew/chairs
4 145,650 arnpoly
4 125,800 TWarwick07
5 114,100 Brock Landers
6 112,700 Commander Santa
8 112,450 Teknoskan
9 104,000 the tall guy
10 99,150 alpenanews0506

Week 23: July 17 - July 24

Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
(Action/Platformer)
Place Stage Score Username
1 Game Completed 491,692 skinnygrinny
2 Game Completed 499,377 gutsman004
3 Game Completed 530,796 Bea_Iank
4 Game Completed 547,113 bertsampson
5 5 516,704 Jandrem
6 3 150,657 Brock Landers
7 3 153,169 mbd39
8 2 91,814 JamesRobot
9 1 17,449 Commander Santa
10 1 18,885 Seppatoni

Week 24: July 24 - July 31

Wrecking Crew
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 582,700 bertsampson
2 249,300 smick
3 215,900 gutsman004
4 206,200 mbd39
5 205,800 barrelsAndRivets
6 186,300 Brock Landers
7 143,800 Mega Tank
8 142,400 skinnygrinny
9 139,300 Krunch
10 123,600 Ferris Bueller

Week 25: July 31 - August 7

Isolated Warrior
(Shooter / Shoot 'em Up)
Place Score Username
1 2,438,000 skinnygrinny
2 2,250,400 bertsampson
3 2,217,200 erizisto
4 1,983,500 Bea_Iank
5 1,895,800 Brock Landers
6 1,872,700 mbd39
7 971,000 gutsman004
8 661,200 arnpoly
9 607,100 Ferris Bueller
10 425,800 laddersandcakes

Week 26: August 7 - August 14

Rollergames
(Beat 'em Up)
Place Stage Score Username
1 6-4 38,700 Brock Landers
2 6-4 40,000 Krunch
3 6-4 47,300 Jandrem
4 6-2 40,900 skinnygrinny
5 4 20,600 mbd39
6 3-2 19,300 laddersandcakes
7 3-2 26,300 barrelsAndRivets
8 3-2 31,900 bertsampson
9 3-1 15,400 zobber
10 2 9,200 egaskrad

Week 27: August 14 - August 21

Lunar Pool
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 1,484,830 Bea_Iank
2 48,630 mbd39
3 41,920 Krunch
4 21,130 bertsampson
5 20,190 smick
6 11,770 EgasKrad
7 11,600 Jandrem
8 10,980 Brock Landers
9 10,690 Commander Santa
10 10,470 SuperJimtendo

Week 28: BYE

Week 29: August 28 - September 4

Pinball
(Arcade)
Place Score Username
1 1,317,440 Red
2 595,310 ookii_risu
3 563,700 Brock Landers
4 405,740 laddersandcakes
5 383,740 JamesRobot
6 333,260 tablew/chairs
7 326,810 mbd39
8 262,580 arnpoly
9 251,530 TWarwick07
10 248,260 Ferris Bueller

Week 30: September 4 - 11

Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 1,544 tablew/chairs
2 860 Thomahawk12
3 804 bertsampson
4 784 Commander Santa
5 744 skinygrinny
6 620 Brock Landers
7 602 Krunch
8 544 jonest3
9 508 BriGuy82
10 448 arnpoly

Week 31: September 11 - 18

RoadBlasters
(Shoot 'em Up/Shooter)
Place Score Username
1 2,324,529 bertsampson
2 2,198,669 skinnygrinny
3 2,034,474 tablew/chairs
4 1,951,042 arnpoly
5 1,923,426 Brock Landers
6 1,751,058 mbd39
7 1,332,017 Ferris Bueller
8 1,309,926 Richardhead
9 1,202,134 Jandrem
10 1,054,734 zobber

Week 32: September 18 - 25

Mighty Bomb Jack
(Action/Platformer)
Place Score Username
1 3,449,070 Bea_Iank
2 3,048,550 tablew/chairs
3 1,891,090 bertsampson
4 1,427,590 Brock Landers
5 1,307,410 Krunch
6 1,122,380 mbd39
7 790,260 the tall guy
8 654,190 skinnygrinny
9 561,350 barrelsAndRivets
10 442,470 arnpoly

Week 33: September 25 - October 2

Mendel Palace
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 2,829,140 tablew/chairs
2 1,888,440 the tall guy
3 1,607,190 Brock Landers
4 1,173,510 mbd39
5 926,510 barrelsAndRivets
6 737,400 arnpoly
7 602,480 AnalogNightmare
8 531,410 bertsampson
9 445,330 Thomahawk12
10 262,800 Ferris Bueller

Week 34: October 2 - 9

Kick Master
(Beat 'em Up)
Place Score Username
1 363,010 tablew/chairs
2 267,450 Brock Landers
3 118,970 Ferris Bueller
4 94,440 mbd39
5 90,100 Richardhead
6 76,270 arnpoly
7 58,680 bertsampson
8 58,450 AnalogNightmare
9 35,900 Jandrem
10 32,810 Seppatoni

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 12:45 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50:33 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
WEEKLY CONTEST BANNERS

If anyone would like to sport a NintendoAge Weekly Contest banner in their signature, feel free to use one of these (courtesy of ookii_risu)

Bubble Bobble

Contra

Double Dragon 3

Gradius

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 3

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 02/09/2016 at 04:59 PM by bimmy_lee

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50:39 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
RANDOM PRIZE WINNERS

Random Prize #1: (2/14/2016 - 2/21/2016) - Ghosts n' Goblins & 2 Playstation download codes - alpenanews0506

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 02/22/2016 at 09:19 PM by bimmy_lee

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:53:19 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Oh shit, I've got 19 games to order and 30 games to become not terrible at

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:07:57 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I'm ignorant. Are the versions of Pac-Man different?

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:19:26 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
The three versions of Pac-Man on the NES (Tengen unlicensed, Tengen licensed, Namco) are all the same. Any of the three versions will be allowed for that contest.

EDIT

Game list edited for clarity for Pac-Man.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 02/09/2016 at 05:20 PM by bimmy_lee

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:31:02 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
glad to see rollergames on the list that is a really underrated game.

Also happy about pinball and kung fu making appearences

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:28:32 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Ooooohhhh shit here we go. Wwwoooooooo...!
I been wanting another crack at Kung fu since last year. Damn old man.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:34:54 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Ooooohhhh shit here we go. Wwwoooooooo!

I was playing that last night and I'm really rusty. I didn't even come close to rolling the score like I managed to do during the last contest.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:35:27 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
No summer tourney?

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:37:31 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

No summer tourney?

There's just one at the end of the season now. Like the NES version of the Super Bowl!

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:45:00 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Ooooohhhh shit here we go. Wwwoooooooo!

I was playing that last night and I'm really rusty. I didn't even come close to rolling the score like I managed to do during the last contest.

Haha I barley rolled it last year. I'm talking maybe a couple thousand points. Landed me 7th if I recall correctly 

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:45:48 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan

No summer tourney?

We decided to cut out the summer tournament due to the amount of work involved in running two tournaments.  I loved hosting two tournaments, but the amount of work in hosting just one is quite substantial.  Plus, people were so burned out by the end of 2015 that no one was interested in doing another tournament.  We are taking more breaks this year to prevent burn out, plus by getting all the contests done by the end of October, tournament included, we won't be juggling contests between the busy holiday season.  As a result of there being only one tournament, the leaderboard point system was revamped to make it easier for people to move up the standings and help less-skilled gamers still stay in the race for a tournament spot.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 02/09/2016 at 06:46 PM by bimmy_lee

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:49:02 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

No summer tourney?

There's just one at the end of the season now. Like the NES version of the Super Bowl!

Well.... Except the NES version isn't fixed  

uhg I'm bad at SMB :/ totally different control than 3 

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:04:26 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Well.... Except the NES version isn't fixed  

I've only played the first one for points a few times. It's the only black box game that I know of where the score keeps going after the million point mark.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:05:15 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

No summer tourney?

We decided to cut out the summer tournament due to the amount of work involved in running two tournaments.  I loved hosting two tournaments, but the amount of work in hosting just one is quite substantial.  Plus, people were so burned out by the end of 2015 that no one was interested in doing another tournament.  We are taking more breaks this year to prevent burn out, plus by getting all the contests done by the end of October, tournament included, we won't be juggling contests between the busy holiday season.  As a result of there being only one tournament, the leaderboard point system was revamped to make it easier for people to move up the standings and help less-skilled gamers still stay in the race for a tournament spot.

Sounds good game master. You da man bimmy! 

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:14:51 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

I've only played the first one for points a few times. It's the only black box game that I know of where the score keeps going after the million point mark.

I hoping for a low score rule  

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:28:30 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

I hoping for a low score rule  

Well, I guess you'll find out Sunday.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:09:35 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
bearcat-doug has been added to the contest mod team. Feel free to send him a PM with any questions or concerns.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:19:22 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

bearcat-doug has been added to the contest mod team. Feel free to send him a PM with any questions or concerns.

congratulations bearcat 

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:27:40 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

congratulations bearcat 

Thanks! After 3+ years of playing in the contests, I figured that I might be able to help out. Seriously though, if anybody has any questions or needs help with anything, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:18:32 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Solid list of games! This should be a good season and I think the updated format is going to work just fine.

I am planning on participating again this year, but I want to spend the bulk of my playing time working on NES games for my blog. I'm probably going to make one attempt at a score and call it a week. I'll still be around for discussion and whatnot!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:00:21 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Solid list of games! This should be a good season and I think the updated format is going to work just fine.

I am planning on participating again this year, but I want to spend the bulk of my playing time working on NES games for my blog. I'm probably going to make one attempt at a score and call it a week. I'll still be around for discussion and whatnot!

I own about half of the games on the list so I'll try to participate some too. My attempts will probably just be for fun though since my scores won't count towards the leaderboards.