Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zombie Nation NES

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:40:58 AM
teaster36 (121)

(Taylor Easter) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
I just got zombie nation for $100 locally at a pawn shop, the label isnt the best label in the world but its still a solid label at that price... I sadly have to sell it cause the pawn shop owner was such an ass to me... This pawnshop always is when i walked in their I said to myself "why am i wasiting my time." So I go in there and ask to see his NES games, and he painfully walked over and pulled the box down and goes "We have not gotten anything new since the last time you saw them" which is funny cause ive never seen the box he handed me before. So I am digging through it and notice Zombie Nation! He had $100 on it! So I just thought "hell ill try to haggle this $100 down" so I ask whats the best he could do on it for me. and then he goes "sure let me ebay it for you and see what i can do" and then of course he sees its going over $200 and tries to convince me not to buy it. He then asked me if i am a collector or flipper of games. I told him I do a little of both, collecting first and re-selling second to help fund my collecting. He at this point got angry a little, and just muttered that "its going to be 105.30 after tax" so I paid him for it and as I am walking out the door he goes "Have fun making money" and at this point I just feel obligated I have to profit off of him to make him feel bad. So yes it is for sale to show him he sucks at his job. 

http://imgur.com/a/nrUk1...

-------------------------
Check out my FS/FT thread here I have stuff for just about e...
Or check out my facebook page by clicking on this picture!

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:54:04 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Had no idea the cart went for that much.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:05:19 AM
Nintendo_matt (46)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Isn't that just what the guy did from you? I am sure he didn't pay $100 for the cart from someone that brought it in. He probably still made a solid profit because I'm sure he offered like $5.00 for it (maybe less).

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:08:37 AM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Had no idea the cart went for that much.

Me either. I hate whenever you ask the price on a game they go to ebay.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:08:53 AM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: Nintendo_matt

Isn't that just what the guy did from you? I am sure he didn't pay $100 for the cart from someone that brought it in. He probably still made a solid profit because I'm sure he offered like $5.00 for it (maybe less).

Pawn shops in this area believe its only okay for them to resell and if you profit off of them then its a matter of pride... Its pathetic

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:09:56 AM
Nintendo_matt (46)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Originally posted by: teaster36

Originally posted by: Nintendo_matt

Pawn shops in this area believe its only okay for them to resell and if you profit off of them then its a matter of pride... Its pathetic
Haha it just means that YOU are better at THEIR job lol

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:17:58 AM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Pawn shops used to be such a great place to find games. Then everybody got smartphones and it changed the game. I got my Little Samson for $4 many years back, and that was epic. Today? Yeah, u think I'll pass on your $15 copy of SMB/Duck Hunt with the vintage boogers still on it.

Just an ordinary game collector

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:19:59 AM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
*I not u

Just an ordinary game collector

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:39:07 AM
Katchii (23)
< Meka Chicken >
Florida
You should get a friend to go and try to pawn it to that store in a fews weeks.

Have some sob story about how he needs make a car repair and only just bought this a few days ago on CL for $195...

That ought to royally piss him off!

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:37:41 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Haha, cool story and good for you finding the game! It's pretty weird for a pawn shop owner to go all sob story on you like that. The whole "have fun making money" bit really cracks me up!

I'm looking to buy a Zombie Nation right now and I'd be trying to buy if from you if it weren't for the label damage.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:47:15 AM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Haha, cool story and good for you finding the game! It's pretty weird for a pawn shop owner to go all sob story on you like that. The whole "have fun making money" bit really cracks me up!

I'm looking to buy a Zombie Nation right now and I'd be trying to buy if from you if it weren't for the label damage.

Yeah I understand, the label damage isnt that bad though luckily mostly on the top label (some people care more about the top label though) That pawn shop is just awful. Their google reviews are golden on them.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:30:51 PM
diddles_mcbean (22)
(Diddles McBean) < El Ripper >
Virginia

Yeah I understand, the label damage isnt that bad though luckily mostly on the top label (some people care more about the top label though) That pawn shop is just awful. Their google reviews are golden on them.

What pawn shop is it?  This asshole seems familiar.

POLYKILL.COM - Video games, podcasts, videos, etc.

I have a podcast just like the next guy.  Find it here:
Polykill Podcast - iTunes

Complete list of retro game stores

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:55:42 PM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: diddles_mcbean

What pawn shop is it?  This asshole seems familiar.

Haha, you have  VT icon in your thing. Yeah it was in blacksburg

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:32:16 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
There is a Pawn here that does that, they price everything at ebay prices, plus afew bucks... It sucks.

I miss our old pawn. The owner always gave $.50 for NES/SNES/64 games and marked them at $5. He always called me when he got a few in, He knew that I sold the extra's and would even give me afew bucks off per game if I bought the entire lot that came in. He just wanted to make his money back, and make a little profit. He was more interested in making quick cash than waiting for a collector to come in and pay ebay prices. Today the new owner of that store wont even sell classic games because "They don't sell" If he didnt want to make ebay prices on them he would sell alot more.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:09:21 PM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: Sinnbox

There is a Pawn here that does that, they price everything at ebay prices, plus afew bucks... It sucks.

I miss our old pawn. The owner always gave $.50 for NES/SNES/64 games and marked them at $5. He always called me when he got a few in, He knew that I sold the extra's and would even give me afew bucks off per game if I bought the entire lot that came in. He just wanted to make his money back, and make a little profit. He was more interested in making quick cash than waiting for a collector to come in and pay ebay prices. Today the new owner of that store wont even sell classic games because "They don't sell" If he didnt want to make ebay prices on them he would sell alot more.

People dont value shelf life, or the fact they still profit from it gone. Every pawn shop should be able to take X ammount of % off. They shouldnt re look it up on ebay to give a better deal. Just cut your customer a deal from your price and make everyone happy. He will come back and buy more. but cause of this im never going back again.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:53:44 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Originally posted by: Sinnbox

People dont value shelf life, or the fact they still profit from it gone. Every pawn shop should be able to take X ammount of % off. They shouldnt re look it up on ebay to give a better deal. Just cut your customer a deal from your price and make everyone happy. He will come back and buy more. but cause of this im never going back again.

exactly, the new owners just think that gaming items dont sell. They dont stop to think that people dont want to buy an untested NES game at a pawnshop with no returns for $12... even DS games $12... the good games are gone instantly, and they wonder why they have 10 copies of cooking mamma sitting there for $12 when every copy of Zelda sold for $12 right away.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:44:59 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
Man it's a shame that jerks run most of these kind of stores. Sorry about your rude encounter. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:52:16 AM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
+1 for the game.

-1 for having to deal with someone like that.

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:15:19 PM
ccc2021 (2)
(Chris C.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Exactly why I rarely deal with pawn shops!

Error Machine Podcast 
Error Machine is a comedy podcast featuring a ragtag group consisting of three best friends who just like to sit around and discuss videogames and make fun of each other. Check us out!

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:02:00 AM
GamerNick (30)
(Nick ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Iowa
We have a pawn shop here just Iike yours the guys there are rude and use vgpc and eBay to price everything. One of the guys there was cool but he left to open his own pawn shop. And for an example I walked in there one time just to look for a specific movie which they are at least fair price and he had just a cart of super Mario bros priced at $50 then he had a mega man cart yellowed dirty, and the label was have torn and was trying to get $300 on it and he had signs on both of these games saying prices are firm will not come down if you ask we will go up. A-holes.

****NEED Clayfighter Sculptors Cut - Manual Only*** (willing to pay in installments)
****NEED EARTHBOUND BOX AND INSERT ONLY****
Check my FS/FT Thread -

http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum...
HERE's MY NES Want List - Help me complete my liscensed NES Set
http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum...

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:03:39 PM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
We had a pawn shop around here where the guy who seemed nice enough always got really touchy/rude when it came to haggling. He never had prices on anything in the shop, and would always look everything up on Ebay on the spot. After that he'd give you his spiel and tell you you could "waste your time online getting it for slightly less", or pay him like double the going rate to have it right now. Not to mention it was usually untested, and he didn't accept any returns on anything. The pawn shop was there for about a year. I'm not sure if he moved it somewhere else or closed up.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:13:51 AM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: Armageddon Potato

We had a pawn shop around here where the guy who seemed nice enough always got really touchy/rude when it came to haggling. He never had prices on anything in the shop, and would always look everything up on Ebay on the spot. After that he'd give you his spiel and tell you you could "waste your time online getting it for slightly less", or pay him like double the going rate to have it right now. Not to mention it was usually untested, and he didn't accept any returns on anything. The pawn shop was there for about a year. I'm not sure if he moved it somewhere else or closed up.
Probably closed up!

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:55:31 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
On the plus side, he didn't change the price on you after he looked it up.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:08:05 PM
teaster36 (121)

Virginia
Originally posted by: the tall guy

On the plus side, he didn't change the price on you after he looked it up.

That is illegal in virginia.