Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

'World of Warcraft's' virtual gold is seven times more valuable than Venezuela's real money

Sep 15 at 2:51:20 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
So you quote me, highlight what I said, tell me I am wrong, I came up with reasonable terms, and you have no response. It's okay, Republicans don't care about this country that's why they don't have any legislation to improve it. I'll give you a pass on finding legislation or we would never get to Venezuela.

Sep 15 at 6:48:07 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Californication

So you quote me, highlight what I said, tell me I am wrong, I came up with reasonable terms, and you have no response. It's okay, Republicans don't care about this country that's why they don't have any legislation to improve it. I'll give you a pass on finding legislation or we would never get to Venezuela.
Well actually I'm still waiting for your response on Venezuela -- which I will add was what this thread is about. Yes, yes, I can certainly respond to your whole "I am the only person that is helping the country" but I don't wish to. Really, I don't. Also, just because you came up with your own "terms" does not necessarily make them "reasonable". And just going back to bashing the Republicans (and I certainly am not one) is really weird...
You know there is a psycholgical disorder called Motor-Mouth Syndrome. It's usually associated with direct face-to-face discussions, but seems quite appropriate for the internet as well. 
https://psychcentral.com/blog/the...

9. The Deluded “Motor-Mouth”
This version erroneously thinks they are good listeners. In reality, they overwhelmingly control and dominate the conversation without really stopping to get feedback from the listener. They really are not interested in considering diverse views. They internally discount those views automatically and assume they have the only perspective that is valid.

Edited: 09/15/2019 at 06:56 AM by avatar!

Sep 15 at 9:37:12 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Um, okay. Keep avoiding. Attack me and don't come up with that Republican legislation. You guy's are joke. You come in here all emotional talking all kinds of shit, when your party is trash. Your party doesn't care about the country, has no positive legilatiive agenda except to promote racism and hatred, stealing from the middle and lower class to give to the rich. The thing is the Repunlican party benefits a certain segment of the population, but it's not even you. How dumb are you people to sit here defending a trash party that doesn't even benefit you. You are in Alabama. Did you known Republican states take more entitlements than Democratic ones. You dummies in your red states talk shit about democrat policies while we pay for your entitlements. All you guys talk about liberal California, and how we are snobs, how about pay your own bills. You guys elect people that want to cut entitlements when you take the most entitlements. I mean this is so effing annoying. Our polices support your states because your pathetic states can't support themselves and you want to attack our policies. Your policies don't work, that is why we have to support your states and your back water ideas. Wake up.

Edited: 09/15/2019 at 09:38 AM by Californication

Sep 15 at 2:06:18 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Alabama? Not sure why it says Alabama, I've never actually lived there. Regardless, your response speaks volumes about your character. Ignoring the topic, never responding to what I said about Venezuela. Instead making personal attacks and trying to bring the topic back about yourself and claiming again you're all high and mighty. Classic signs of narcissism and Motor-Mouth Syndrome.

ps Mods, any idea why it says "Alabama"?

Edited: 09/15/2019 at 02:08 PM by avatar!

Sep 15 at 3:34:12 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
To the OP...

Quite disturbing indeed.

The fact that money has become digital has been a problem for a while.

And now that video games have taken on currencies... that's just crazy. I remember watching a documentary about a game called Second Life or something??? Same deal... people had "massive online wealth" and shit and people were actually paying real money to "buy things" for their online avatars.

Maybe I'm oblivious.... but apparently this is a huge deal in these games. That's nuts.

-------------------------

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Sep 15 at 8:01:58 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Mods-thanks, I've always wanted to visit Micronesia. Let's keep the tour going  

Sep 16 at 8:12:59 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

I respect John Oliver. Here he clearly shows why mismanagement is the real issue with Venezuela and blaming the USA is asinine. Oh, and Oliver is a progressive, I guess that means he cares...

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 08:13 AM by avatar!

Sep 16 at 10:27:37 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Look, I am not saying this to be mean, I am being straight up sincere.

Understand your sources of information. You must understand peoples sources of information so you can gauge their credibility.
This is not an easy thing to do.

John Oliver is not a progressive. John Oliver works for HBO who is part of Viacom, John Oliver is a liberal Democrat. He makes me laugh sometimes, and I agree with him sometimes, but that is the trick of the Liberal Democrat, they can be partially right or even sound right and be completly wrong. Liberal Democrats can be right on some issues and they could be wrong on othere issues that effect big corporations, because at the end of the day liberal democrats are out there to protect an industry or industry's.

Your main Venezuela post that I haven't responded to because you keep attacking me you reference:

a. Wikipedia - if you reference wikipedia you have to check the sources people used in their posts

b. Brooking institute - think tank -

c. Council of Foreign Relations - think tank

You are literally going on the internet getting things people post that do not have credibility and are yelling about it and treating it like they are guaranteed facts representing the truth.

Edit - I didn't watch the video because whether I agree or disagree with it, it's not a credble source of information.

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 11:14 AM by Californication

Sep 16 at 10:50:36 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Here is a credible source of information.

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 11:03 AM by Californication

Sep 16 at 4:12:07 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
"You are literally going on the internet getting things people post that do not have credibility and are yelling about it and treating it like they are guaranteed facts representing the truth."

And your response is to go on the internet, find a source that agrees with you (I am not one bit surprised it's Chomsky), and then act is if you can disregard everyone else and all other points by claiming you are correct. Laughable. Chomsky is a biased man, and while everyone has some bias, John Oliver at least is willing to go through the facts and listen to differing opinoins, study history, put two-and-two together, which I might add is different than Chomsky and apparently you. Chomsky is so convinced of his superiority that there is no point in arguing with him, just as I believe there is no point in arguing with you.

You won't read this, because this article clearly refutes Chomsky and your world-view, so I suggest ignoring it. 
Screenshot-from-2019-09-16-16-04-06

Chomsky begins by stating, “Well, you know, it would take a good bit of time to go through it sentence-by-sentence and take it apart, but there is a few comments we can begin with.” For the next six minutes or so, he helpfully recapitulates a number of half-truths used by anti-Imperialists to defend the Bolivarian regime.
Yup, that's Chomsky all right. Like's to tell half-truths so as to manipulate. 

https://quillette.com/2019/03/25/...

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 04:20 PM by avatar!

Sep 16 at 4:16:55 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
You're an idiot.

Sep 16 at 4:21:16 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Californication

You're an idiot.
Phew... that's one heck of an intellectual argument. You clearly win. Hands-down. Thank you for showing me and everyone else EXACTLY what you are - empty air. 

Sep 16 at 4:22:20 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Are you trolling me? You really aren't this stupid right? You qoute Quillete to tell me that Noam Chomsky is not a credible source. This is a joke right? Please tell me your f!$+#& with me.

Sep 16 at 4:30:23 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Since credibility seems to be thrown around here - I'll share a piece of advice. Most people's credibility or perceived credibility gets thrown out the window when you start slinging around insults and calling someone stupid or an idiot.

Getting angry and calling others names, will do nothing to convince them to actually take the time to listen to you or to change their mind on a subject. All it usually does is upset people, or get them to double down on a point.

If you want real and honest debate, just don't go there. It's not hard to do.

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 16 at 4:35:28 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Quillete like Ben Shapiro Quillete? Quillete like Dave Rubin Quillet Quillette like Bari Weiss Quillete? Quillete like Jordan Peterson Quillete? Quillete like Sam Harris Quillete?

This is a joke right?

Sep 16 at 5:27:21 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
This piece is not by Ben Shapiro or anyone you mentioned it's by Clifton Ross. I don't know much about him, but he was apparently a follower of Chomsky and wrote a pretty good article, not that you would know since you won't bother reading anything that goes against your world view.
I'm not familiar with Quillete to be honest, but they claim to be "Quillette is a platform for free thought. We respect ideas, even dangerous ones. We also believe that free expression and the free exchange of ideas help human societies flourish and progress. Quillette aims to provide a platform for this exchange." And well, maybe they are, or maybe they are not. However, I can say you certainly are not open nor respect other ideas. As sadikyo noted, slinging insults is juvenile at best. You're not interested in a debate.

Sep 16 at 5:46:37 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
You've said something disrespectful in nearly every one of your posts so I have no problem doing the same.

If that wasn't a joke I don't have anything else to say. Quillette, lol. And you're starting to defend them from their mission statement. I'm gonna have to tell this story to people, the irony is too real.

Sep 20 at 1:03:49 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I'm so glad than I'm old enough not to care about any of this crap anymore. Glad not to care enough to know any of these people that you guys reference.
Side stepping this ever changing toxic minefield in a never ending search for a personal sense of truth looks so uninviting.
There is no joy at the end of that search. Let go.
Who cares?
Venezuela is broke. We don't live there. Warcraft money is worth more. Kinda funny. Move on.
Take your garbage out. Play videogames or collect them or play and collect them. Pick up the groceries. Play with your kids. Have fun. More important things await. Trust me.

Edited: 09/20/2019 at 01:04 PM by Buyatari

Sep 20 at 1:22:01 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
People are seriously suffering in Venezuela. I think this is an important issue that we as human beings shouldn't just shrug our shoulders at and move on with our lives.

Edited: 09/20/2019 at 01:22 PM by punch-out!!84

Sep 20 at 1:57:27 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
For me, I think it is important to talk about because it affects public opinion and the level of public support changes the outcome of the policy. The government has been pushing war with Venezuela and Iran pretty hard for at least a year now. And you can tell the government cares about public support because of the massive media campaign they have pushed to go to war. If the public did not respond negativley I think we would have gone to war with Iran, Venezuela, or both. So these conversations are important to reach consesus or atleasr hear a differnt opinion about what is really happening.

Sep 20 at 3:27:37 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

People are seriously suffering in Venezuela. I think this is an important issue that we as human beings shouldn't just shrug our shoulders at and move on with our lives.
I agree. I think it's important to know what is happening so that we can try and help others. Also, we can learn from this. What happnes in one country, can happen in another, including here in the USA.