Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tecmo World Cup Soccer - PAL B (FRG)

May 12 at 11:39:35 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Bought it on ebay, so no exciting story about finding it. That said, I have been wanting to find one of these for a long time. Im the one person on the planet that really likes Tecmo Cup Soccer. I rented it a lot as a kid so there is a lot of nostalgia factor for sure, but I still enjoy playing through it, as far as I can get, a few times a year. Fun and unique thing to play a sports RPG for the NES, cheesy as it may be in a lot of aspects. This version is obviously not that, but cool to have a rare euro version that is an entirely different game. 

Edit: If anyone has a box for the same game and region, I would love to complete this copy. 

Edited: 05/12/2019 at 11:59 PM by NESfiend

May 16 at 10:47:43 PM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
neat find  

May 17 at 9:07:25 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Nice one!

I just noticed that this is associated with Tecmo Cup: Football Game / Tecmo Cup: Soccer Game in the NA database, but like you said, they are different games. Maybe someone with access can update this in the database?

Jun 11 at 6:23:42 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Im the one person on the planet that really likes Tecmo Cup Soccer.

LIES

Jun 12 at 9:14:11 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: neodolphino

LIES

Hard to believe I know. I have actually posted about it in at least one thread, maybe a couple, about NES games we like that most regard as crappy. I played goalkeeper and was really into soccer growing up. The video store I went to regularly didn't have it, but there was another store we went to occassionally that did, so it was like a special treat getting to rent it. The players take up the whole screen and the animation was really cool for a NES game. Raising the players skill and their unique shots were also enchanting. It felt a lot more involved than a typical sports game. Its also the only one I played back then where the keeper isn't either on auto, or you have the option but the only way to be competive is to select auto. It probably helped that I didn't ever really realize that as an RPG, random chance plays a role. I try to put that out of my mind when I play now. 

The other games our secondary video game rental shop had that the other didn't that I remember renting a lot were Hoops and Ninja Crusaders. I really like those to this day too, so maybe its all just nostalgia. 

Edited: 06/12/2019 at 09:17 PM by NESfiend

Jun 12 at 9:17:37 PM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania

LIES

Hard to believe I know. I have actually posted about it in at least one thread, maybe a couple, about NES games we like that most regard as crappy. I played goalkeeper was really into soccer growing up. The video store I went to regularly didn't have it, but there was another store we went to occassionally that did, so it was like a special treat getting to rent it. The players take up the whole screen and the animation was really cool for a NES game. Raising the players skill and their unique shots were also enchanting. It felt a lot more involved than a typical sports game. Its also the only one I played back then where the keeper isn't either on auto, or you have the option but the only way to be competive is to select auto option. It probably helped that I didn't ever really realize that as an RPG, random chance plays a role. I try to put that out of my mind when I play now. 

The other games our secondary video game rental shop had that the other didn't that I remember renting a lot were Hoops and Ninja Crusaders. I really like those to this day too, so maybe its all just nostalgia. 

No... as in, it's one of my favorite NES games...  

Jun 12 at 9:25:43 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Speedy_NES

Tecmo Cup: Football Game / Tecmo Cup: Soccer Game

Tecmo Cup: Football Game? Was there a Euro release that mirrored the US release? I had always assumed this one would have the same gameplay until looking at youtube gameplay right before I purchased it. 

Jun 12 at 9:31:28 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

NICE! Years of collecting and reading threads and that is the only nice thing I have seen someone say about the game excluding my own posts/words. 

Jun 12 at 9:43:01 PM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania

NICE! Years of collecting and reading threads and that is the only nice thing I have seen someone say about the game excluding my own posts/words. 

Lol, I make it one of my three requests every year for the NESathon (Jackal, and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves being the others).  

Jun 13 at 4:36:11 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium

Tecmo Cup: Football Game? Was there a Euro release that mirrored the US release? I had always assumed this one would have the same gameplay until looking at youtube gameplay right before I purchased it. 

Yes, Tecmo Cup:  Football Game is the Euro version of the US Soccer Game release.

Jun 13 at 7:47:01 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Yes, Tecmo Cup:  Football Game is the Euro version of the US Soccer Game release.

I knew at some point I had seen a video of another version of tecmo cup soccer with different teams. Now I have to find a copy....

Jun 13 at 8:35:08 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium

I knew at some point I had seen a video of another version of tecmo cup soccer with different teams. Now I have to find a copy....
Good luck! The version with different teams is likely the ESP version (which also has Spanish in-game text). The SCN version is in English AFAIK, and may not have different teams.

Jun 28 at 11:29:01 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
I of course have a CIB copy of the -ESP version of this Pieter.  What's the question... there are 16 teams on this version.  Hate those manual creases but what are you gonna do? 

-------------------------

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jul 09 at 12:49:46 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Good luck! The version with different teams is likely the ESP version (which also has Spanish in-game text). The SCN version is in English AFAIK, and may not have different teams.

Tecmo cup football is the same as tecmo cup soccer. Luckily, I figured this out without buying a copy and being disappointed. This is what I had seen video of that I thought may be tecmo cup football. Per wikipedia, it was a cancelled game. The video I was watching was a fan made cart for sega. 

Edit: Also, this game looks awesome. 

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 12:53 AM by NESfiend