Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:07:29 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
I've received mine a few weeks ago, so just hang on tight guys.  

-------------------------
Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

May 2, 2018 at 12:50:35 PM
Greg2600 (0)
(Greg Mario) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Well someone out there dumped their cart, so I have the rom now. Total nonsense that the Kickstarter couldn't do the same by now.

May 2, 2018 at 10:57:24 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Im still patiently waiting for a copy. A ROM to tide me over till it arrives would be nice.

May 7, 2018 at 1:45:07 PM
Grimmloch (0)
< Cherub >
Texas
I wasn't a backer, but it is a shame that the completed rom was dumped online before Second Dimension could get out all the copies to the 339 people who did pay to back the project.

"If I'm gonna cheat, I'm not gonna write information from a book on a piece of paper. That's practically learning for God's sake." - Jeff Winger

May 7, 2018 at 5:41:01 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Grimmloch

I wasn't a backer, but it is a shame that the completed rom was dumped online before Second Dimension could get out all the copies to the 339 people who did pay to back the project.
To be fair, Second Dimension (me) got all the copies made and done up, and mailed out every copy with a Second Dimension game as well. Second Dimension did their part. Please try to understand that the Socks only backers are out of my control.

I just received the new components to mail out any lingering copies from freebies to replacements. So Marvelous, your copy will be in the mail tomorrow.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

May 8, 2018 at 2:08:18 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
Well, since I went ahead and played the ROM...

I thought the game had a surprising amount of love put into it. I expected a ho-hum Chester Cheetah-esque game, but I was actually really impressed by the animations and the fun little details that made it in. The humor is VERY dated, it's very "Animaniacs" in that it's political humor that has a shelf life of like, three years, but I think that's part of its charm and why it's such a fun historical artifact.

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 02:15 PM by TheRedEye

May 8, 2018 at 10:29:28 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
I managed to find the ROM too, it is a fun game.

So now I'm curious, what were all the changes and fixes that were made to complete this game and make it fully playable?

May 9, 2018 at 9:00:17 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: marvelus10

I managed to find the ROM too, it is a fun game.

So now I'm curious, what were all the changes and fixes that were made to complete this game and make it fully playable?

Some collision issues, a kill screen prevented you from beating the 2nd to last boss (couldn't see him and went into an infinite death loop) and let you play through the final stage, and a few more things. The proto rom was a mess and while it was complete, it wasn't beatable.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:46:01 PM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
This is getting beyond ridiculous. An update to all the people who made this possible surely wouldn't hurt. I'm not a backer, but seeing all the comments that have gone completely ignored since months ago really rubs me the wrong way. I thought everyone in this community looks out for one another, but someone who consistently makes posts here and on Twitter can't even take the time after months of silence to give some words of courtesy to people who supported their project. Are harsher words needed any further to get the people behind this kickstarter to actually give a damn anymore?

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:27:33 PM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany
Adam from Second Dimension picked up the remaining Socks cards from Tom some time ago and send it to the backers, but ... there are no PAL-cards! As far as I know no backer from europe received a PAL card so far and no pictures of PAL cards were in the campaigns-updates... It seems they just don't exist. I'm a bit shocked right now :-(