Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES Action Set Box

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:45:11 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
What should I offer my co-worker for the box of the NES action set? I'm not even sure he wants anything for it, but just in case he does, I don't want to offend him. Maybe I'll offer him some of my loose NES doubles for it...

-------------------------

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:31:02 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
If it's some random guy with an empty box and no inserts he'll be happy to be rid of it but I think it's customary in the USA to offer a $5 as a tip in that case for his trouble lugging it in.

If it's someone who has genuinely kept it well, corners are nice and it includes inserts, twist ties, plastic bags just no actual components and collects but just has a duplicate or something like that then you could probably offer up $20?

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:52:41 PM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: dangevin

I think it's customary in the USA to offer a $5 as a tip in that case for his trouble lugging it in.

Lucky for me I'm in Canada! He said he's just going to give it to me. Says it has all the styrofoam and inserts. Sounds like a deal to me!

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:44:47 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Yah up there you got free everything, free health care foremost on my mind Down here as the saying goes "There is no such thing as a free meal." It's not directly offensive to just say "thanks" and take something like that from a coworker but leaves you at a disadvantage I think. Tough to explain. But that little barely-significant monetary compensation, or even buying them $5 worth of lunch or telling them "Go buy yourself lunch on me" when you try to hand them a bill kind of completes things; makes a definite end. There's no "disparity" afterwards; it's like an exchange of gifts. Like saying hello to somebody and them looking you in the eye and saying nothing back. They may not even take the money, try to give it back, but it's the attempt that counts.

I dunno it's wierd but that's the dynamic I've observed, it's pretty consistent too. Also, they know who to go to when something else like that crops up again lol

Sorry severely off-topic //straightens tie

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:33:22 PM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
*laughs at the though of "free health care"*

It's not really free... we're just taxed through the ass before we get our pay!

I think I'll just buy the guy lunch for the Action Set Box... Seems fair to me!

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:28:29 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Agreed. Not to mention in Alberta, we pay a premium on top of the tax...I actually get a bill for health care every three months, yet I rarely use it. Jews.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 13, 2006 at 11:07:46 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
At least in Alberta you only have one main tax in BC were paying 15% for taxes plus well over a $1.00 per litre for gas on the bright side though theres no snow out here, that sun sure is bright

Dec 14, 2006 at 8:42:11 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
There's snow, just not out by the coast. I remember being a kid in the interior...think I like the chinooks out here...gotta love when the temperature goes from -30 one day to +10 five days later Also, our gas was over a buck for quite some time, only recently did it go back under...and we produce the shit. Not to mention all the homeless...guess the grass really IS greener on the other side

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 14, 2006 at 1:39:41 PM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
Got the box today. It's in really good condition. Has a small bend on one of the flap and is sporting a layer of dust on one of the side, but all the foam is in great shape. Offered to buy the guy lunch and he declined. A winner is me!