Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Codename Viper for NES question

Aug 14 at 6:55:14 PM
Trifecta (21)

(Ron Jenkins) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Can anyone remember or knows if Codename Viper for the NES came with a Mega Man sticker?

Aug 14 at 9:31:51 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
I'm pretty sure it didn't.

-------------------------

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Aug 14 at 9:58:17 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Don't remember seeing one when I opened it up as a kid, for whatever that's worth  

Sep 03 at 9:55:22 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Trifecta

Can anyone remember or knows if Codename Viper for the NES came with a Mega Man sticker?

It's interesting that you ask this. I bought a copy about 4 or 5 months ago on eBay because it had a Mega Man sticker with it. Looked totally complete as if it had just been opened, but the front of the box advertised only the Mega Man/Capcom/Commando refund. I'll see if I can find the picture of the auction.

Equally crazy is the fact that I opened a sealed Destiny of the Emperor (will add to the_wizard's sealed list eventually) that advertised a Mega Man sticker only to have my heart broken when it only came with the refund card. Who would expect to get hoodwinked by 30 year old false advertising? 😭😭😭

UPDATE: I knew I took a screenshot because I thought it was so bizarre! See attached and you can judge for yourself whether you think it originally came with the game or not. The auction was from May 2019.

Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Edited: 09/03/2019 at 10:06 PM by DoctorEncore

Sep 03 at 9:58:23 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
haha, you should file a complaint with them  

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Sep 03 at 10:15:36 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
Wouldn't be the last time Capcom pulled this crap. I remember buying a first print Mega Man 8 for PS1 that clearly advertises the art book being inside. I opened it and nothing...

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Sep 03 at 10:21:22 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
Originally posted by: DoctorEncore

Originally posted by: Trifecta

It's interesting that you ask this. I bought a copy about 4 or 5 months ago on eBay because it had a Mega Man sticker with it. Looked totally complete as if it had just been opened, but the front of the box advertised only the Mega Man/Capcom/Commando refund. I'll see if I can find the picture of the auction. Equally crazy is the fact that I opened a sealed Destiny of the Emperor (will add to the_wizard's sealed list eventually) that advertised a Mega Man sticker only to have my heart broken when it only came with the refund card. Who would expect to get hoodwinked by 30 year old false advertising? 😭😭😭 UPDATE: I knew I took a screenshot because I thought it was so bizarre! See attached and you can judge for yourself whether you think it originally came with the game or not. The auction was from May 2019.

I know it isn't the case, but wouldn't it be wild if that mega man sticker was supposed to be in the destiny of an emperor you bought   lol

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Sep 03 at 11:54:13 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
s://www.ebay.com/itm/CODE-NAME-VI...

Some probably did some didn't

Sep 04 at 8:12:57 AM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Jeevan

I know it isn't the case, but wouldn't it be wild if that mega man sticker was supposed to be in the destiny of an emperor you bought   lol

It's destiny!

Originally posted by: hybrid

And thanks for sharing Hybrid. Interesting that it has a different sticker than the one I bought a while ago. I guess the sticker was random?

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Edited: 09/04/2019 at 08:13 AM by DoctorEncore

Sep 04 at 9:37:13 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I'm guessing as well

Sep 04 at 5:51:11 PM
Stooperzero (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: austin532

Wouldn't be the last time Capcom pulled this crap. I remember buying a first print Mega Man 8 for PS1 that clearly advertises the art book being inside. I opened it and nothing...

same here.. mine just had a coupon in it for crapcom magazine. 

i had a bunch of those megman stickers as a kid.  i think it was completely random with any capcom game. 

My motha's on crack 

Sep 04 at 8:24:19 PM
Trifecta (21)

(Ron Jenkins) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: hybrid

I saw that one too. I was tempted to buy it but I saw one with everything but the sticker for a much lower price, so I bought that one instead.

I asked the seller of the one you linked to if he was the original owner and he said no. For all I know he could have added the sticker to the auction to fetch a higher price.

Sep 04 at 9:26:16 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
So barring this community suddenly finding and opening a huge number of Capcom NES games, we may just have to assume that most (or all) games with the $10 refund or Mega Man sticker advertisement on the front could come with either pack-in. So we've essentially solved nothing. But we did have fun and that's what matters. 🤷‍♂️