Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew SGP's Halloween vol. I: Spook-o'-tron Check your KS inbox if you have not received your copy

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:54:11 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Congrats on a successful campaign! Can't wait to see the finished product!

I concur! Very excited for this, it's so innovative!

-------------------------

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:05:17 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Thanks everyone! It was quite a ride, and it wouldn't have happened without all of you. I can't say enough about how great the NES homebrew community is. Thank you all!

I for one am beyond ready to go back to not self-bumping this thread every other day  . I'd much rather just quietly keep working away at things, and give updates as needed. All in due time, and feel free to ask any questions that the last KS update may have missed. I may answer them in the next "official" KS update, however, if they seem widely applicable.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:47:35 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Thanks everyone! It was quite a ride, and it wouldn't have happened without all of you. I can't say enough about how great the NES homebrew community is. Thank you all!

Congrats! Glad to see that this adventure was a success for you.
It is well deserved, I am sure that a lot of time and dedication were spent creating this.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:47:48 AM
TotalRadNES (2)
(Steve D) < Tourian Tourist >
California
Congratulations! I've been playing the demo like crazy. Can't wait for the final product.

Goofy Foot - NES Controller Mod - Kickstarter project is LIVE

"People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time."

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:34:51 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

GIMME DAT MAKING OF BOOK, SON!
Yes!!! 10k monies...  

I would like to add on the booklet when it's ready, if that's possible. I did not back at the Limited Edition campain level cause I just want to play the game, LOL!  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:41:55 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

GIMME DAT MAKING OF BOOK, SON!
Yes!!! 10k monies...  

I would like to add on the booklet when it's ready, if that's possible. I did not back at the Limited Edition campain level cause I just want to play the game, LOL!  

Dope! I like to read! Congrats on the warm reception, SoleGoose!

Throw a demo score up on the scoreboard Kosmic!  

My arcade is tha bomb. They got all the Homebrew ports. First there was scramble; now look what appeared since the last time I was here...

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:45:34 AM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Congratulations on the kickstarter, everyone did a good job getting the word out.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:24:19 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Dope! I like to read! Congrats on the warm reception, SoleGoose! Throw a demo score up on the scoreboard Kosmic!   My arcade is tha bomb. They got all the Homebrew ports. First there was scramble; now look what appeared since the last time I was here...

I feel like Taylor Swift. Setting the trends!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

May 5, 2017 at 1:56:58 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
If you backed Spook-o'-tron on Kickstarter please check your KS updates inbox and fill out the registration if you are interested in contributing levels to the final build of the game. Submissions are due August 1st!

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 05/05/2017 at 02:44 PM by SoleGooseProductions

May 5, 2017 at 2:08:40 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Sweet!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 5, 2017 at 2:23:38 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Oooooohhhh! I'll check it out now!

May 5, 2017 at 2:43:55 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
And by Kickstarter "inbox" I definitely meant "update." There was a backer only update that went out last night, and it can be found in the updates section of the campaign. Way faster than sending out a hundred plus messages  .

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 5, 2017 at 3:22:38 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

And by Kickstarter "inbox" I definitely meant "update." There was a backer only update that went out last night, and it can be found in the updates section of the campaign. Way faster than sending out a hundred plus messages  .

Much less personal though. Booooo!

May 5, 2017 at 11:52:19 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

I didn't back the 'brew your own level tier, just CIB + SNEZ adapter!  

May 5, 2017 at 11:59:15 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

I'm pretty sure it's open to all backers. I'm in that same tier and I got my level editor today.

May 6, 2017 at 12:44:41 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Needz 2 chk KS...  

May 6, 2017 at 6:06:04 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan

Like Gloves said, it is open to all backers. Well, anyone that pledged to a tier ($10 or higher), as I wanted to weed out all of the "I'm going to pledge $1 so I can continue to troll you with ads/offers after the campaign" people. I have not gotten this much spam since using hotmail in the late 90s!

Check the last KS update and send me your info in order to get started or simply check it out.

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 6, 2017 at 9:57:37 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Like Gloves said, it is open to all backers. Well, anyone that pledged to a tier ($10 or higher), as I wanted to weed out all of the "I'm going to pledge $1 so I can continue to troll you with ads/offers after the campaign" people. I have not gotten this much spam since using hotmail in the late 90s!

Check the last KS update and send me your info in order to get started or simply check it out.

Fyi, I'm not sure if it's still happening or not, but...

When you said there was an update, naturally I checked. There was none to be seen. So I checked the latest update, which was from I think April 30th (talking about the level editor "coming soon"). From there, I was able to click on "latest update", and THAT took me to the update with the registration info.

If you're not seeing a lot of people registering, it may be that people aren't seeing the update at all, on account of the hoops I had to jump through to see it. I never got an email about an update, or anything like that. Might wanna look into if you set the update to be too private or something, not sure why this would happen.

Edited: 05/06/2017 at 09:58 AM by Gloves

May 6, 2017 at 10:00:51 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Gloves

When you said there was an update, naturally I checked. There was none to be seen. So I checked the latest update, which was from I think April 30th (talking about the level editor "coming soon"). From there, I was able to click on "latest update", and THAT took me to the update with the registration info.

If you're not seeing a lot of people registering, it may be that people aren't seeing the update at all, on account of the hoops I had to jump through to see it. I never got an email about an update, or anything like that. Might wanna look into if you set the update to be too private or something, not sure why this would happen.

Definitely strange. I got the email and I see the update at the top when I log in.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

May 6, 2017 at 10:06:58 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Fleck586

Originally posted by: Gloves

Definitely strange. I got the email and I see the update at the top when I log in.

I still have no email about it (aside from having contacted OP myself), and this is what I see on Kickstarter:

What tier did you get? Maybe that's something to do with it?

May 6, 2017 at 10:20:59 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
It went out to all tiers except for those that pledged $1. Even they can view it however. There have been a good number of people who have registered already, but next week I'll send a normal, non-backer update to the directions. You have to be signed in to see it too.

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 6, 2017 at 10:21:47 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
I got the NA Edition tier. I wish I could figure out how to take and embed pics from my phone

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:57:59 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Submit those levels if you have them! The deadline is closing soonish  .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:36:36 PM
IBtiM (11)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
So ready to play this game.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:30:27 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
For those that may not get the KS updates, all backers at the CIB level have been freely upgraded to a full US-sized box (https://www.kickstarter.com/proje...). Formerly the game was set to come in a PAL-sized box, but after some consideration I decided to go ahead and take the small hit in order to do right by folks. Can't have the RE in a normal box and the KS one not  . Ah the quest for symmetry...

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 09/21/2017 at 10:31 AM by SoleGooseProductions