NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

XMAS cart 2011 ideas thread

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:31:53 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: tacolinowest

^ A single drop of snow!!! ... which lets you all know that CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER!!! 8D

-------------------------
Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:01:50 PM
Polonius (17)
(Pete B) < El Ripper >
Alberta
My idea is similar to Cradelit's, but....

Pac-man style mazes, four player simultaneous, no scrolling, no ghosts. Snow-pellets to collect are spread just like Pacman. It's a race to build a snowman. As you collect more pellets, your snowball gets bigger and bigger. Person with the biggest snowball at the end wins.

To rephrase: Basically, four people running around a pacman maze trying to get more pellets than everyone else. No ghosts. Christmas graphics.

I think it'd be fairly simple to make, and lots of fun. Perhaps something interesting would happen when two people ran into each other. Not sure what, though.

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:16:04 PM
GameboyRicky (149)
(Ricky ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I am going to bring up my idea from last year again:

How about a game where you avoid falling icecicles. Each player controls a person who stands under a row of forming icecicles. The row can be about 10-15 icecicles long and fall after forming completely. Players can see the icecicles form to have an idea of which one will fall next and stand under a spot where an icecicle just dropped. The icecicles can start out forming slowly at first and speed up as the game progresses. Once you get hit by an icecicle 3 times, you are eliminated. The last player left wins! Just an idea!

You could have a timer under each player that stops when that person loses. If there are only one or two players then the main objective would be to beat your time. Since the rate of speed in which the icicles drop gradually increases... a player's time will depend on their skill. Experienced players should be able to last longer since they will be able to tell quicker which developing pieces will fall before others and develop muscle memory (or finger memory) to avoid them. You could even have a setting of speed that players can choose. A solo player may last 30 minutes on level 1 but only 2 or 3 minutes on level 5. In a multiplayer game, players at different skill levels can have the choice of adjusting this setting to even the handicap (like in Dr. Mario).

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:49:09 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I'm loving the ideas! We could cram all the ideas and make a Christmas Multi cart...

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:15:59 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Man I can't wait to see what they come out with. Santa in a side scroller taking down the evil forces of the Grinch would be awesome! Another idea for that game would be to have xmas trees as his life bar.

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:28:53 AM
rhetoric614 (51)
(rhetoric 614) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
The Contra one is a win, Santa MUST be the final boss and not the hero.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:29:11 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: RetroUSB Support

Must be simple

Originally posted by: Everyone

Contra

nope

I was thinking maybe a game like Combat for the 2600, where reindeer shoot candycanes out of their asses or something. Last one standing wins the round, first to three wins is the victor.

Edited: 08/31/2011 at 02:34 AM by AllYourBass

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:21:31 AM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
I have always love Fast Food (Think Atari 2600 not McD's)

Speed would be the main thing. Have good presents and bad presents coming from right to left. Up to 4 players can be on the left tring to collect good presents and dodge bad ones. It would start out slow and just get faster and faster and faster. Diferent points for better gifts. Bad gifts would take away a heart. Bombs, Elves on fire, Crazy Reindeer, zombie santa, You can mess up 3-5 times. Every some many points gives you a heart back. Points would be in presents. A box with a number next to it. Of course all done in X mas style. Colored presents could take away from opponents. Things could also come that you must just go around (like walls a couple lanes wide 2-3) Xmas tree, Sleigh, Big snow ball etc.. Everey level could have 100,200 300 gifts. Probably not more. After each round show who won the round. Player 1. Then Have the presents drop in a big pile pretty fast. Then on to the next level. Do this at the end of the game to. It'd be awesome, the higher the score the bigger the pile would be. Kinda like the end of N Tetris in a way. 10,000 would fill the whole screen. Also make it so the players can not go through each other. So you bump into each other and could push people it to things. Or an option to turn this on and off. It could still be played 1 player too. Diferent levels could have diferent numbers of lanes. Never more than 6 or 7. But 3 with 4 players would be fun. Wow...

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Edited: 08/31/2011 at 03:32 AM by RASK1904

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:02:46 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: rhetoric614

Man I think it'd be cool to have Santa as the hero (think Santa mixed with Rambo) facing the evils of the Grinch. Blasting through brain washed elves, killer reindeer and finally taking on the Grinch.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:26:53 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: shane7951

Man I think it'd be cool to have Santa as the hero (think Santa mixed with Rambo) facing the evils of the Grinch. Blasting through brain washed elves, killer reindeer and finally taking on the Grinch.

And slow the fatty down to make it even harder...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:28:21 PM
AtariMaxx (65)
(Max Sartell) < Kraid Killer >
Texas
Instead of Where's Waldo, Where's Santa.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:57:54 AM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: Benihana

Originally posted by: shane7951

And slow the fatty down to make it even harder...

Haha yes! He has to be wearing a muscle shirt and the little headband Rambo wore in the 2nd one.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:57:06 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
theirs another game like contra called - action in new york - (could use that too as a base)

but i think santa needs a sports title

like arch rivals!

you can have a santa team (mr,ms claus), elf, rudolph , snowman, (ice villian team), parent team, kid team, grinch team.

play some good ol' street bball

call it X-SMASHOOPS!

*good guys can have a WIN screen with '''yay! christmas is saved!'''
*villian screen is ""nooo! no xmas! better luck next year -- lump of coal (in the background)"""

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 09/01/2011 at 01:58 PM by punkr13

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:07:06 PM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
How about a wack A Mole or Simon game. plug in the 4 controllers. Put them on the floor. It could come with a hammer! Wack N Elf! Have the 2 buttons be one hole and the d pad in any direction would be another.2 elf holes per controller. Times that by 4. Then there could be 8 holes the elves could pop out of. It would just get faster and faster. It would be silly hitting your controllers with a hammer all fast. Make good things to hit elves and bad things dynamite etc... Could have boss battles every 3 levels. Where you have to hit them in certain spots as they move and open up. Could be very original. This reminds me of something...?

Could do it as Simon too doesnt sound as good though. Just make every button on each controller be 1 of the colors/buttons of simon. The do it all xmasy.

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:26:26 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Hmm...simple to program huh,
What about a X-mas take on the classic atari game Maze Craze...should be easy to upgrade to 4 player with teams or individual race's...Multiple levels with different monsters...
Simple yet satisfying...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:31:22 PM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
Sprite hack of nightmare on elm street? I love the 4 player mode and it can be like santas elfs collecting santas lost presents instead of bones. If we cant do sprite hacks we could create a similar game with the same story as collecting lost presents.

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:51:58 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: gumgum14

Sprite hack of nightmare on elm street?

You're in the big leagues here, no hacks.

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:55:52 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

Hacks have their place when they're done well.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:04:21 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Whatever you say.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:38:56 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Whatever you say.

I'm pretty sure you're in the minority to think otherwise.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:45:51 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other

Whatever you say.

Whatever you think.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:48:23 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Whatever you say.

Whatever you think.

Come up with a less infantile rebuttal next time.

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:15:47 AM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
cmon guys, this is christmas were talking about! I was just making a suggestion for the new Xmas cart, discussion of hacks and such doesnt need to be here

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:25:51 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

cmon guys, this is christmas were talking about! I was just making a suggestion for the new Xmas cart, discussion of hacks and such doesnt need to be here

Sorry  

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:47:33 AM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
SIM Reindeer, you have 12 days to raise some reindeer, feed them, water them and excersize them. If you do it right then on the last day you have to fly them in preparation for Christmas. If all goes well we get Christmas, if you haven't done it right then they wont fly and surprise Rudolf comes out and fly's for you.