Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ranking the MCU As Endgame looms, thought it would be fun to chat about favorites.

Apr 25 at 11:44:45 AM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Here's my ranking (best to worst)

Dr. Strange
Avenger 3
Avengers
Cap: Winter Soldier
Thor Ragnorak
Avengers 4
Guardians
Black Panther
Antman
Antman 2
Guardians 2
Iron Man
Cap Civil War
Cap First Avenger
Avengers 2
Thor
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

Considering I have no personal history or attachment with the comics, I was surprised how much I enjoyed Dr Strange. I especially liked all the trippy reality/warping action and wish I had seen that in Imax 3d. The showdown between Strange and Dormammu was a novel confrontation, although in retrospect, why couldn't Dormammu just use his power to torture Strange into submission? Also if he's immortal, time is meaningless to him, so I would expect him to be better prepared to outlast Strange in a battle of wills where the winner is the one who can endure a potentially infinite loop longer.

-------------------------
Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 02:30 PM by G-Type

Apr 25 at 12:37:21 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
I'll weigh in. I'm extremely pumped for Endgame and admit I'm a comic nerd.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Winter Soldier
Civil War
Doctor Strange
Infinity war
Avengers
Ragnarok
Ironman
Black Panther
Ant-Man and Wasp
Thor
Captain America
Ironman 2
Ant Man
Avengers 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Thor ark World was awful. It's really hard to consider Hulk because they casted the role and then went to Ruffalo. IronMan 3 was okay until about half way through. It's hard to find a place to put Captain Marvel. I enjoyed it regardless. It's hard to rank Spider-Man being that Marvel got the character back after the previous trilogy followed be the reboot with Andrew Garfield, and then again to tie the character into the story, and I really like Holland. It's hard for it to be believable when you have 3 different portrayals of the character over what? 15 years?

With that being said, early reviews on Endgame have been great. certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes at 96% with over a hundred reviews. By comparison, the first Avengers is rated at 92, and Age of Ultron scored 75%.

Even if you dislike the movies and have seen most of them, how can you not see this movie after a total of more than 20 films? Yes freaking please

I collect SNES, and have extras I need to rid myself of. If you have needs, worst thing you can do is ask if I have it, or view my FS thread!

Edited: 04/25/2019 at 12:39 PM by Lksoccer17

Apr 25 at 12:45:51 PM
Gameboyjay (71)
(J B) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Best to Worst

Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Iron Man
Ant Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Dr Strange
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Iron Man 3
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain Marvel
Iron Man 2
Thor: Dark World
Black Panther

WTB link - http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 25 at 1:04:35 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I'm a little surprised by the Guardians 2 ranking on most lists. I will admit that the first time I watched it I thought it was okay. And the second time I watched it all clicked. Can someone tell me why the rank it low?

Apr 25 at 1:12:12 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Originally posted by: CaliforniaGamingSD

I'm a little surprised by the Guardians 2 ranking on most lists. I will admit that the first time I watched it I thought it was okay. And the second time I watched it all clicked. Can someone tell me why the rank it low?

For me I just couldn’t get into Ego. I still enjoyed it though. Outside of the opening scene and a great soundtrack it just seemed rushed to me. Still good, just not my favorite.

it probably also suffers because a lot of people were skeptical by the first. It was a great movie and that created big expectations for the sequel.

Im glad that Marvel brought James Gunn back for GotG3

I collect SNES, and have extras I need to rid myself of. If you have needs, worst thing you can do is ask if I have it, or view my FS thread!

Edited: 04/25/2019 at 01:17 PM by Lksoccer17

Apr 25 at 1:22:20 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Here's my ranking of the movies I've seen:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 2
Thor

Apr 25 at 2:18:01 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

I was skeptical about the first one and was amazingly surprised at how fresh and funny it was. Vol. 2 just seemed like it was trying too hard to take what worked in the first one and came off forced and lacked the uniqueness that I was looking for. I think it’s a tough feat to recapture the originality of the first movie. I’d say Deadpool 2 did a better doing this than Guardians.

Apr 25 at 6:24:31 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Lksoccer - I think Ego bothered me the first time too. I thought Kurt Russell came off as a little goofy. Then I thought about it and figured he is a god pretending to be a human so he is doing his best impression of a human, while trying to manipulate the GOtG, and he is a little crazy. After looking at it like that I think Kurt Russell did a good job.

And killing Star Lord's Mom was the icing for me. I mean, he sounded like he really loved her, but he was so egotistical (see what i did there) he thought that his goals of taking over the universe were more important than her life.

Edited: 04/25/2019 at 06:25 PM by Californication

Apr 25 at 6:33:00 PM
Lksoccer17 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan

Lksoccer - I think Ego bothered me the first time too. I thought Kurt Russell came off as a little goofy. Then I thought about it and figured he is a god pretending to be a human so he is doing his best impression of a human, while trying to manipulate the GOtG, and he is a little crazy. After looking at it like that I think Kurt Russell did a good job.

And killing Star Lord's Mom was the icing for me. I mean, he sounded like he really loved her, but he was so egotistical (see what i did there) he thought that his goals of taking over the universe were more important than her life.

I’m about to put in the first. If i don’t fall asleep after I’m putting on Ragnarok. Can’t wait for tomorrow. 24 hours for a climax 10 years and 20+ films in the making

Apr 26 at 12:56:03 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Well i was using this month to catch up on marvel movies. Endgame partially spoiled by douchebag 15 year old children today who think they are funny.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 08 at 2:26:37 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
So almost caught up. Watched black panther tonight. Was really dissapointed in it. Bottom tier for me. All thats left for me to see before endgame now is infinity war, antman and the wasp, and captain marvel.

So far my rankings(best to worst)

Guardians of the galaxy
Ant-man
Captain america civil war
Iron man
Thor ragnorak

Guardians of the galaxy 2
Spiderman homecoming
Avengers age of ultron
captain america winter soldier
Doctor strange

Iron man2
Iron man 3
Captain america first Avenger
The Avengers

Thor
Black panther
hulk
Thor dark world

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/08/2019 at 02:31 AM by quest4nes

May 08 at 3:17:47 AM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
Iron Man 2 is the worst marvel film i have ever seen. My goodness what a bad movie. Iron Man 3 was not much better. Iron Man 1 is an awesome film, however, and it really kick started an incredible run for marvel.

The first avengers is the best. Guardians 1 is also pretty great and Infinity war is top tier.

I think if I had to rank End Game it would be middle of the pack for me.

May 08 at 9:35:10 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: quest4nes

So almost caught up. Watched black panther tonight. Was really dissapointed in it. Bottom tier for me. All thats left for me to see before endgame now is infinity war, antman and the wasp, and captain marvel.

Guardians of the galaxy
Ant-man
Iron man
Thor ragnorak

Spiderman homecoming
Avengers age of ultron
Doctor strange

Iron man2
Iron man 3
The Avengers

Thor
Black panther
hulk
Thor dark world

Dude Thor Dark World is essentially the MCU equal to Empire Strikes Back.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 08 at 12:51:43 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: TheLarch

Guardians of the galaxy
Ant-man
Iron man
Thor ragnorak

Spiderman homecoming
Avengers age of ultron
Doctor strange

Iron man2
Iron man 3
The Avengers

Thor
Black panther
hulk
Thor dark world

Dude Thor Dark World is essentially the MCU equal to Empire Strikes Back.

or the Ewok cartoon.

But seriously though. I didnt hate it. It just overall was my least favorite. Any movies in that last tier grouping are interchangable order.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 08 at 10:21:38 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
watched Infinity War

Top Tier movie for sure.

Guardians of the galaxy
Avengers Infinity war
Ant-man
Iron man
Thor ragnorak

Antman and the Wasp
Spiderman homecoming
Avengers age of ultron
Doctor strange

Iron man2
Iron man 3
The Avengers

Thor
Black panther
hulk
Thor dark world
captain marvel

edit: Watched Antman and the Wasp. Not as good as the first antman but id put it in tier 2

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/11/2019 at 03:44 PM by quest4nes

May 11 at 3:43:18 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Saw captain marvel.

It is now at the bottom of the rankings. So bland and a forced agenda message on top of it. When no doubts just a girl played it just capped it off for being the worst for me. Congrats thor dark world, you were a gem.

so happy i paid zero dollars to see captain marvel. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/11/2019 at 03:43 PM by quest4nes

May 11 at 4:47:21 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >

Saw captain marvel.

It is now at the bottom of the rankings. So bland and a forced agenda message on top of it. When no doubts just a girl played it just capped it off for being the worst for me. Congrats thor dark world, you were a gem.

so happy i paid zero dollars to see captain marvel. 

🤣🤣🤣 I don't know what they were thinking.

May 17 at 12:18:21 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
saw endgame. putting it second on my rankings list.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 18 at 10:14:13 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

saw endgame. putting it second on my rankings list.

You're crazy it's easily in the third spot you need to go back, re-watch them all and re-evaluate.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 18 at 1:22:59 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I feel like Infinity Wars and Endgame should count as one movie.

Also, I think the end game fight scene may arguably be the best fight scene of all the movies.

Edited: 05/18/2019 at 01:24 PM by Californication

May 20 at 3:22:02 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado

I feel like Infinity Wars and Endgame should count as one movie. Also, I think the end game fight scene may arguably be the best fight scene of all the movies.
I thought the scene in end game where are the females magically were able to maneuver their way together in the biggest battle of the universe to fight together was retarded and agenda filled, though, and really put a damper on the fight scene to me. 

May 20 at 3:43:54 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: americasteam7

I feel like Infinity Wars and Endgame should count as one movie. Also, I think the end game fight scene may arguably be the best fight scene of all the movies.
I thought the scene in end game where are the females magically were able to maneuver their way together in the biggest battle of the universe to fight together was retarded and agenda filled, though, and really put a damper on the fight scene to me. 

My favorite movies and books etc. are ones that can reflect the human nature/condition, which usually means utilizing philosophy, or social issues. For example, I loved the Civil War comic book series; it did an excellent job of talking about dif. political issues including how the U.S. govt. was spying on Americans after 9/11. The fact that the writers in Endgame wanted to give a show of support to women and their abilities doesn't bother me. Sections of the theater I watched the movie in erupted in cheering at the scene. As for execution, I liked the way the camera shot started from behind , it felt like a comic book. My only complaint is that they could have let some of the women besides Valkyrie do some more damage.

May 21 at 7:21:22 AM
ForDarkseid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
I won't rank Endgame yet. I've seen it twice but I'm not sure where it would be yet.

1. Infinity War
2. The Avengers
3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Thor Ragnarok
6. Civil War
7. Winter Soldier
8. Iron Man
9. Spiderman Homecoming
10. Avengers Age of Ultron
11. Thor
12. Black Panther
13. Doctor Strange
14. Iron Man 3
15. Antman
16. Antman 2
17. Iron Man 2
18. Captain America
19. Captain Marvel
20. Thor The Dark World
21. The Incredible Hulk

May 21 at 7:28:13 AM
ForDarkseid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: americasteam7

My favorite movies and books etc. are ones that can reflect the human nature/condition, which usually means utilizing philosophy, or social issues. For example, I loved the Civil War comic book series; it did an excellent job of talking about dif. political issues including how the U.S. govt. was spying on Americans after 9/11. The fact that the writers in Endgame wanted to give a show of support to women and their abilities doesn't bother me. Sections of the theater I watched the movie in erupted in cheering at the scene. As for execution, I liked the way the camera shot started from behind , it felt like a comic book. My only complaint is that they could have let some of the women besides Valkyrie do some more damage.
I like the Civil War book too but that stuff is only there if you like to see it. That scene was what we call obvious. That's why it makes everyone's eyes roll. Hollywood hates women. Not the audience. So don't torture us with your corny agenda.

May 21 at 10:50:09 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Talk to me when you make a single deal with someone troll.

Edited: 05/21/2019 at 10:55 AM by Californication