Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Real Sunman prototype owned be local game store I almost died!

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:08:25 PM
Airrider (0)
(Nils Jutblad) < Crack Trooper >
Sweden
Belive it or not, but it´s true. I stopped at a game store i usually visit and talked about games with the owners and then one of them said something mind blowing. A former Bergsala worker had gave him a prototype of Sunman for the NES! Yes, you can trust these guys, i know them. And you can trust me, i promise. It seems like the Bergsala worker told him that 5 Sunman carts had been given out as gifts to various Nintendo workers around the world. One in USA, one in Europe, one in Australia, then one in Japan i think and i don´t remember the last one. I don´t know so much about that but i´m certain that this cart was given to this Bergsala worker and now it´s in the hands of these guys... somehow. I don´t know the details, if the Bergsala worker gave him the information, if he didn´t know the price etc... The store might put it on eBay sometime but they said that maybe people would just think it´s fake. I can of course confirm that it´s the real deal. Unless they spent the last 2 months trying to troll me!

But seriously. It´s locked up in their secret Swedish storage room.

A pic proving that it happened might pop up sometime and if and get more details i will post them.

Bergsala is a swedish company and they were the first to import NES to Europe if you didn´t know.

So some things are still unclear but a part of video game history is about to pop up!

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:46:24 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
probably not an actual gift. and you can trust me too.

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:47:08 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Would love to see a pic

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:51:16 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Interesting story

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:51:41 PM
Airrider (0)
Sweden
Originally posted by: qixmaster

probably not an actual gift. and you can trust me too.

Yes, that may be. I will be interesting to know the details.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:55:05 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Once again I beat Pete to it, "PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!". Like others have said, I would like to hear more about this and see some pictures.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:00:55 PM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Eager to see what comes out of this

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:39:22 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
When castlevania4evr sold out his protos, I think his Sunman pulled just over $300. Still cool, but once that shit gets dumped it becomes much less desirable. No super secret safe needed, just a cool proto.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:08:09 PM
coinheaven (256)
(Joe Thomas) < Lolo Lord >
United States
i wonder if a complete superman proto will ever surface (the sunman game but superman instead)?

400 repros and counting:  http://www.thenesdump.com/...

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:18:42 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: coinheaven

i wonder if a complete superman proto will ever surface (the sunman game but superman instead)?

How hard would it be for someone to hack the Sunman sprites back to Superman, using the incomplete Superman proto version?

I've been hoping someone capable would take on that project

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:19:20 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: coinheaven

The demo we put out is probably about as far as Superman went. I mean even Sunman isn't 100%, it still needs work.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:56:56 AM
Airrider (0)
Sweden
(Drummroll) tadadadadadadada: The shop that owns this prototype is http://www.kaptenkrok.se/tvspel.h...

So now you know that.

Pictures doesn´t seem to be far away. They have played the cart and it works.

Nice!

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:35:17 AM
VideoGamesIzFun (44)
(Justin B) < El Ripper >
Maryland
So.. are James Bond games popular in Sweden?

RPG Fans
http://sociallinkmax.proboards.co...

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:21:44 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
But there are like 2-3 of those people know about already....I thought this was old news, lol

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:55:59 AM
Parodius Duh (0)

(Chris T) < Little Mac >
Connecticut
This seems like a Tall Swedish Tale, get those pics!

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:55:17 PM
Hilmarf (13)
(Tork Anonymous) < El Ripper >
Norway
I know collectors in sweden have some high end stuff. There's one dude that has a NES competition cartridge of some kind, from Bergsala. I think it was sold on Tradera. Forgot it's name, quite embarassing Need to read up again what it exactly was. Krallemann is his username at nesdb.se.

In 1994 I played the SNCC at a supermarket. I remember I got some mario/luigi/zelda pins. I still got those. Wonder where Bergsala's(?)/Unesco's SNCC cart is now.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:03:27 PM
Airrider (0)
Sweden
Ööööhhhhhh...

Fine, i can try to get those pics. I don´t really care that much since it will came up for sale sooner or later. I know Kralleman btw. Is it Nintendo World Championships you´re thinking about? He has a lot of obscure stuff so it might be something else.

This is still not a troll btw, and i´m 100% sure pf that.

let´s party!

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:28:34 PM
Bree (0)

(Bree Vandicamp) < Cherub >
United States
I think it was sold on Tradera.

Edited: 06/12/2012 at 11:33 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:32:49 AM
xcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxc (0)

< Crack Trooper >
United States

Edited: 07/23/2016 at 11:31 PM by xcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxc

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:25:00 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
FAIL

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:31:53 PM
kralleman (13)
(Kristofer Hansson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
Thread might be a bit old but, yes it is true that they own a Sunman proto. I must say, I am not that impressed though. A couple of these have surfaced over the years and the Swedish distributor, Bergsala, is located not far from the store we're talking about. Bergsala got a lot of protos (or rather review copies) back then, and they still do. I have been in the room where they test out games that have not yet been released. A former employee once told me that when he started working there in the 90's they had boxes of SNES-review carts thrown away. Maybe an employee grabbed a couple of carts and then several years later traded them in. I have found protos in the wild in that area so I am guessing it was not that uncommon that employees kept some of the games (even if they may not have been allowed to do so).

The store mentioned does however have a lot of other cool stuff. They bought off Bergsalas official Nintendo repair shop and now have a lot of NoS 1st party replacement parts for old consoles, for instance, NoS SNES-connectors, GB-displays etc. in factory boxes.

Hilmarf: It is a SNCC that I have Unfortuneately I don't own (or have ever owned) any NES competition cart.

kralleman

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:46:44 PM
TheShamblingMound (6)

(S Mound) < Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
You have access to them? You should look for more unreleased games!

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:59:03 AM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Originally posted by: shrimp

Thread might be a bit old but, yes it is true that they own a Sunman proto. I must say, I am not that impressed though. A couple of these have surfaced over the years and the Swedish distributor, Bergsala, is located not far from the store we're talking about. Bergsala got a lot of protos (or rather review copies) back then, and they still do. I have been in the room where they test out games that have not yet been released. A former employee once told me that when he started working there in the 90's they had boxes of SNES-review carts thrown away. Maybe an employee grabbed a couple of carts and then several years later traded them in. I have found protos in the wild in that area so I am guessing it was not that uncommon that employees kept some of the games (even if they may not have been allowed to do so).

The store mentioned does however have a lot of other cool stuff. They bought off Bergsalas official Nintendo repair shop and now have a lot of NoS 1st party replacement parts for old consoles, for instance, NoS SNES-connectors, GB-displays etc. in factory boxes.

Hilmarf: It is a SNCC that I have Unfortuneately I don't own (or have ever owned) any NES competition cart.

NOS 72-pin connector pls

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:05:23 AM
havocplague (0)
(Jonas Backlund) < Tourian Tourist >
Federated States of Micronesia
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but you might be interested in the video that swedish site gaminggrannar.se did from Kapten Krok.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before, just saw it a few minutes ago.)