Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Come and get em $1 OMG cant believe I almost missed this

May 6, 2009 at 3:06:34 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California

SO I didnt check craigs when I got up thismorning like i normally do...

When I get to work I find a guy litteraly down the street is selling carts and some CIBs ---- he has 100 all togeather for $1 a peice.....

GAH I called him immediatley and he only has about 50+ left... well thats better than nothing but FUCK fuck fuCK, I wanted to be first on the scene so I could grab all of em.  Im leaving in a few to see what remains.

But the what if is going to kill me, what if there was something frekin killer in there and now ill never know.

Ill let you know what I do grab though.

-------------------------

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

May 6, 2009 at 3:25:50 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: ZoOmer

SO I didnt check craigs when I got up thismorning like i normally do...

When I get to work I find a guy litteraly down the street is selling carts and some CIBs ---- he has 100 all togeather for $1 a peice.....

GAH I called him immediatley and he only has about 50+ left... well thats better than nothing but FUCK fuck fuCK, I wanted to be first on the scene so I could grab all of em.  Im leaving in a few to see what remains.

But the what if is going to kill me, what if there was something frekin killer in there and now ill never know.

Ill let you know what I do grab though.

You might still find great deals, but I guarantee you won't find anything "freaking killer" by picking through with sloppy seconds.  Someone already got all the good stuff for sure.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 6, 2009 at 3:29:55 PM
zach18451 (53)

(zach Carlucci) < El Ripper >
New York
^ alot of times all the mario's Mega Mans and popular games like that will be gone...but you can still find less poplular rare games after the fact such as Color Dreams/Bunch Games. The last batch of cib nes games I got  were looked  at Prior to me... but there were still games like power blade 2, galactic crusader bucky ohare.  Most People dont know what "rare" Nes games are,  they only want Mario, contra, Mega Man.

Edited: 05/06/2009 at 03:30 PM by zach18451

May 6, 2009 at 3:41:20 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
RUN!

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 6, 2009 at 3:55:59 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
Are you talking about the one in Culver City?? I was there around 11:30 this morning only 2 hours after he posted the ad. There was pretty much nothing left. Damn vultures.

EDIT:  After I missed out on that sweet find, I knew somebody here would post about it.  I'm surprised that they all sold out that quickly...only about an hour and a half after the ad was posted. 

Edited: 05/06/2009 at 03:57 PM by Ouendan

May 6, 2009 at 4:03:36 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Yeah, I find stuff in the wild here that's been "picked over" and tend to come out pretty well. If it isn't Mario, Castlevania, Megaman, or Zelda (and Double Dragon, oddly enough), it tends to sit.

Best of luck.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

May 6, 2009 at 4:07:52 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Yep, I beat yall to it. I got 2 SE (1 CIB), Flintstones 2 sealed, Bonks Adventure, Bubble Bobble 2 factory sealed....hmm....let me see what other BS I can think of....Oh, and a case of Myriads. Thats all.

May 6, 2009 at 4:36:54 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: NES_Bros_3

Are you talking about the one in Culver City?? I was there around 11:30 this morning only 2 hours after he posted the ad. There was pretty much nothing left. Damn vultures.

EDIT:  After I missed out on that sweet find, I knew somebody here would post about it.  I'm surprised that they all sold out that quickly...only about an hour and a half after the ad was posted. 

your in ther area??? hmm you sohuld come to my tournament

Yeah i wound up picking up 3d world runner, only one of the 5 left i didnt have lmao, When I talked to him he said he was going to lunch and her would meet me with the 50 he had left haha

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

May 6, 2009 at 5:09:03 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
Ahh too bad, it's always sad to miss those by that much.

May 6, 2009 at 8:58:32 PM
UnrealClock (0)

(Jesse Maddox) < Cherub >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

Yep, I beat yall to it. I got 2 SE (1 CIB), Flintstones 2 sealed, Bonks Adventure, Bubble Bobble 2 factory sealed....hmm....let me see what other BS I can think of....Oh, and a case of Myriads. Thats all.

You sure are one of them jokesters.

May 6, 2009 at 9:37:06 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
Originally posted by: ZoOmer

your in ther area??? hmm you sohuld come to my tournament

Yeah i wound up picking up 3d world runner, only one of the 5 left i didnt have lmao, When I talked to him he said he was going to lunch and her would meet me with the 50 he had left haha

What's this tournament you speak of?  I'd be interested.  Where/when's it at?  Could you give me more info?  Thanks.

May 6, 2009 at 9:42:30 PM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: zach18451

^ alot of times all the mario's Mega Mans and popular games like that will be gone...but you can still find less poplular rare games after the fact such as Color Dreams/Bunch Games. The last batch of cib nes games I got  were looked  at Prior to me... but there were still games like power blade 2, galactic crusader bucky ohare.  Most People dont know what "rare" Nes games are,  they only want Mario, contra, Mega Man.

yep
like i picked up 30 nes games for 1.00 each and the guy drove them to my house
i got a few good nes
metal storm was 1 of them

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...