Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Found another revision 3 famicom. This one I'm keeping original.

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:09:47 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Found another 3 board from 1983. Other I have serial # really close so I expected this one to be not only a 3 board but also a smooth dust flap which is only the 2nd one I've seen. I AV modded the other since RF was janky but this one works great. Takes a lot of effort to find these can't tell you how many I've browsed through in order to find them. I'd like to find a black cartridge connector famicom not seen one yet other than on a discussion with a picture but I'm wondering if they were even early units or rev 5's or 6's. I find it odd I've not seen one yet & it sort of makes me question if the one I saw had not been soldered on from a clone or something. Of course slick dust flaps was rumored as being non existent but now I have 2. I can say that I think only the first 100,000 or so has the smooth flaps based off serial number comparisons. I can also say I believe the serial numbers began at H1000000 with famicoms since I've seen nothing under a million after all my research. Most don't care about these things probably but for a nintendo fanatic like me I find it pretty neat.

-------------------------

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:11:20 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Very kewl! So based on your other thread, it does seem like they commonly have that weird heatshrinked resistor/capacitor thing soldered on the bottom of the circuit board. I read that from the other thread and became very curious - cool to see what y'all were talking about  

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:10:53 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Soma

Very kewl! So based on your other thread, it does seem like they commonly have that weird heatshrinked resistor/capacitor thing soldered on the bottom of the circuit board. I read that from the other thread and became very curious - cool to see what y'all were talking about  

That's right. My first early famicom I thought someone had messed around with never dreamed Nintendo would put them out that way until I did a bit of research. I've now seen a few pictures online of early models that have these extra components soldered on the bottom of the motherboard. I actually removed them from the other & it wouldn't do anything after that & I AV modded it thinking that would possibly resolve the issue to no avail. I then became desperate looking hard for a photo of the bottom of a revision 3 to compare and finally found one & put the components back in place and it works perfectly now. I never really dreamed I'd find another revision 3 so soon after reading a post from 2011 or 2012 about how nothing older than a 4 had been found. I still can't find any info on smooth dust flap I must be the only one to have noticed that or at least only one to have made posts about it. Now, if I could find out about black cartridge connector famicom I think I'd have them all covered and figured out by relation to serial numbers since I have about 10-15 famicoms now of various versions.  

-------------------------