Mar 24, 2009 at 11:15:47 PM
justabum (142)
(Bryan Digilio) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: JJAAMMEESSNNEESS

f&ck i just bought some games off of him too
i hope i get them
F&uck

Well I can't say anything for sure, but unless he just says fuck everyone because he is pissed about being baneed (which could happen) I'm guessing you will get your package.

Funny thing is, he never straight scammed anyone by not sending what they purchased.  He only scammed by deceiving the person about what they were getting.  All in all everyone that has ever purchased something from him always got their package.

-------------------------
If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught. -maynard james keenan

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:48:46 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Wow this is extremely unpleasing to hear about the latest developments. I knew of course about everything up to recent but stealing NA's income stream and flat out ripping people off on fake maps/etc. That is unreal! He's been around so long that everyone let him pretty much say and do as he pleased and then he pulls this... wow!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:41:19 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I didn't know about the whole fake Caltron questionnaires and Section Z maps, or the inserting eBay links through his own affiliate program...that is truly shady and underhanded. I'll say this, though...I never had a bad deal with him, or had bad blood between the two of us. But if this is true, and this would be true indeed, ugh...it makes me sick (and that's something exposure to most viruses can't do o_O ).

Here's another shocker...I was literally a couple days away from posting a wanted/bounty thread for a Caltron questionnaire o_O .

Edit:  Nothing against him personally, or anything...like I said, I've never had any trouble with him.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Edited: 03/25/2009 at 01:50 AM by mb7241

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:53:07 AM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
me and nick spoke with each other and we are on good terms

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:10:29 AM
VileRedFalcon (21)
(Chris Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
United States
another one bites the dust.

*** WANTED ***
- 5 Screw Zelda Test Cart
- Rygar Poster
- Castlevania Box w/ hangtab

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:43:17 AM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
just had a long "talk" with burmabill. when this smoke clears id like to share his side of the story. im not siding one way or another, but thought it would be fair to give him a voice to defend himself. tomorrow sometime. dont kill me

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:10:26 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Wow...I can't believe he was selling fake items and stealing NA money. That is just plain WRONG. I am really happy to see him gone. I only had one transaction with Nick, which did seem to go well.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:58:44 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: robin

when this smoke clears id like to share his side of the story. im not siding one way or another, but thought it would be fair to give him a voice to defend himself.

If you don't wind up posting his side for whatever reason-- drama considerations or whatever-- please do PM me about it because I'm very interested. I like to hear many different sides and opinions.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:17:21 AM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
HAHAHAHA! Leave this post, don't delete anything I say, please; this is my last chance to talk about this shitty dude and the same people that defended him.... you know what, this is going to sound SHITTY as hell, but FUCK ALL OF YOU THAT STUCK UP FOR THAT GUY! (also, if you are a person that supported him post-resealing, and you find that last statement offensive... I don't care! Pick better folks to get to know!)

I have spoken to a lot of you about the shadiness of this dude. I have talked to quite a few of you how he is a dirty punk and will take anyone... I don't know if it was dismissed as "pshh.. whatever Roth!," or if it was just some denial BS, but you know, 'once a fucking punk, always a fucking punk.' It's ALWAYS like that, and I don't know how other folks NEVER see that in people!!

I am NOT the best person in the world, but I pride myself in the fact that I have never _intentionally_ fucked anyone over. This guy _has_ on MANY occasions now. He was trying to hide who he was AGAIN AND AGAIN when he was still resealing!!!! What the hell, man? Seriously, I'm not looking to punk anyone out here, but why was he accepted back by some of you??? You know what, this will sound even shittier, but I'm gonna say it. You probably deserved getting your shit taken from this bum, just because you let him back in the community with VERY LITTLE qualms (and seriously, it was like the guy ripped someone off of 5 bucks and got a slap on the wrist).

With that said, good riddance to this rubbish. I personally hope that EVERYONE takes a lesson from this. If a person is willing to rip someone off and make a gain once, they will chance making a gain more than once.

http://slydogstudios.org...

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:32:23 AM
clawxco (1)
(Michael Lake) < Tourian Tourist >
Newfoundland
Originally posted by: Roth

HAHAHAHA! Leave this post, don't delete anything I say, please; this is my last chance to talk about this shitty dude and the same people that defended him.... you know what, this is going to sound SHITTY as hell, but FUCK ALL OF YOU THAT STUCK UP FOR THAT GUY! (also, if you are a person that supported him post-resealing, and you find that last statement offensive... I don't care! Pick better folks to get to know!)

I have spoken to a lot of you about the shadiness of this dude. I have talked to quite a few of you how he is a dirty punk and will take anyone... I don't know if it was dismissed as "pshh.. whatever Roth!," or if it was just some denial BS, but you know, 'once a fucking punk, always a fucking punk.' It's ALWAYS like that, and I don't know how other folks NEVER see that in people!!

I am NOT the best person in the world, but I pride myself in the fact that I have never _intentionally_ fucked anyone over. This guy _has_ on MANY occasions now. He was trying to hide who he was AGAIN AND AGAIN when he was still resealing!!!! What the hell, man? Seriously, I'm not looking to punk anyone out here, but why was he accepted back by some of you??? You know what, this will sound even shittier, but I'm gonna say it. You probably deserved getting your shit taken from this bum, just because you let him back in the community with VERY LITTLE qualms (and seriously, it was like the guy ripped someone off of 5 bucks and got a slap on the wrist).

With that said, good riddance to this rubbish. I personally hope that EVERYONE takes a lesson from this. If a person is willing to rip someone off and make a gain once, they will chance making a gain more than once.

harsh!

but yes, i've been a lurker for a long time and I never liked this guy, a lot of the things he did were incredibly shady and terrible. i mean i cant see how he can look at his collection and feel good about it, he's gotten it by doing horrible things like cheat people. it kinda boggles my mind.

yeah this is just one lurkers opinion on the matter plus roth told me to quote this and i dont want to see the grown azz man dawg mad

Blorp.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:56:37 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
add me to the list of the shocked. from the 'rare games' thread I thought he got banned over a comment or two, and then to hear that he was actually stealing na affiliate money.... unbelievable. That is just an incredibly shitty thing to do and I don't need to hear anything else.

I wonder if he will try and make other fakes or reseals now that he has nothing left to lose, so to speak. I guess we will all need to watch out on that front.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:22:34 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Well in his eBay store he currently has over 100 Sealed games for sale right now most of them NES. Should be all kinds of fun sorting out that stuff.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:09:22 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Well in his eBay store he currently has over 100 Sealed games for sale right now most of them NES. Should be all kinds of fun sorting out that stuff.

Speaking of, shouldn't we mention his eBay account here for all of the new guys that wouldn't know otherwise?  I know it's servicegames followed by some numbers with roughly 2300 feedback but I don't know the specifics...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:29:16 AM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
thanks for the information and to me it seems like this is the only and right thing to do

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:37:24 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee

just had a long "talk" with burmabill. when this smoke clears id like to share his side of the story. im not siding one way or another, but thought it would be fair to give him a voice to defend himself. tomorrow sometime. dont kill me

No offense robin, but I don't think most of us care to hear his side of the story.  We are all pretty sick and tired of all his lies and scams.  He can rationalize it all he wants, but the stuff he has done is wrong.  We welcomed him back with open arms time and time again and he continues to fuck us over.  He had his chance to be heard, and was....then he done it again...and again.  There is NO excuse for cheating people out of stuff, end of story.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:38:42 PM
bongoben (45)
(Ben White) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

No offense robin, but I don't think most of us care to hear his side of the story.  We are all pretty sick and tired of all his lies and scams.  He can rationalize it all he wants, but the stuff he has done is wrong.  We welcomed him back with open arms time and time again and he continues to fuck us over.  He had his chance to be heard, and was....then he done it again...and again.  There is NO excuse for cheating people out of stuff, end of story.
~~NGD

Agreed.  I don't think many here will care about his side of the story.  Hell, I didn't even really know the guy except from the incidents that have arisen with him from time to time.  If he has the moral willingness to to not only rip someone off but to produce a fake high-ticket item in order to rip someone off then he shouldn't be a part of this community.  He's just very honestly not worth our time.

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:04:30 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Holy Crap, man i cant believe he tried to scam again, well i kinda can, but still. I always liked em aside from scamming people on reseals. But scamming again and again is pretty unforgiveable.

Oh and rest assured Dain the Caltron questionarre you got with my CIB caltron is definetly REAL. I got that CIB from a collector many manys years ago so rest assured your is a legit copy. And you should be able to pick out the differences in his and the real one.
-Mark

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Edited: 03/25/2009 at 01:06 PM by Parpunk

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:21:52 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
How can his side of the story be anything but ridiculous? How can you talk your way out of producing fake manuals and resealing games with the intention of getting real market value for them?

Give me a break people. He has done this NUMEROUS times over the course of YEARS. He doesn't deserve any of the "wow, i've never had a problem with him" responses. Who cares? You got lucky. If he had his way, he would have taken you for all you had.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:30:33 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
Oregon
OK i dont want to step on any toes here, so just PM me and ill type up a summary of what was said. JB and OGD ill get it out to ya

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:56:21 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I'll save you the trouble, Robin.

Here's what Nick said to Robin:

1.) the resealed was a mistake when he was 17
2.) he had the ebay afiliate thing before dain did and stopped when he found out dain was doing it
3.) that lots of people offered money for the SE and he got crucified because he won it
4.) he fessed up to the questionaire or whatever; said he "forgot" til he had packed it, but by that time the money was payed.... game was packed, so he said "screw it" and sent it

Regarding #1 - How does this make it right? You're old enough to work a job and drive a car at 17, so I'd hope you knew right from wrong by this age. 17 isn't 12.

Regarding #2 - Huh? You don't think it's wrong to profit off my hard work? The fact that you DID it in the first place means you're a snake.

Regarding #3 - As I said originally, just a lousy thing to do. Mentioning "lots of people" doesn't change the fact that YOU did.

Regarding #4 - So basically letting is slide is OK? BTW, Mario's Right Nut, we've not confirmed your questionnaire is a fake.

I noticed he didn't mention anything about insulting me on an ongoing basis.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:59:14 PM
aaronshea80 (111)
(Aaron Shea) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: mewithoutYou52

How can his side of the story be anything but ridiculous? How can you talk your way out of producing fake manuals and resealing games with the intention of getting real market value for them?

Give me a break people. He has done this NUMEROUS times over the course of YEARS. He doesn't deserve any of the "wow, i've never had a problem with him" responses. Who cares? You got lucky. If he had his way, he would have taken you for all you had.

Agreed!!!!!! Once a scammer,alway's a scammer and if it would have gotten swept under the rug,he would have done it over and over again.He made his bed now he has to lie in it.

"And men, remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green 

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:03:31 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Dain

I'll save you the trouble, Robin.

Here's what Nick said to Robin:

1.) the resealed was a mistake when he was 17
2.) he had the ebay afiliate thing before dain did and stopped when he found out dain was doing it
3.) that lots of people offered money for the SE and he got crucified because he won it
4.) he fessed up to the questionaire or whatever; said he "forgot" til he had packed it, but by that time the money was payed.... game was packed, so he said "screw it" and sent it

Regarding #1 - How does this make it right? You're old enough to work a job and drive a car at 17, so I'd hope you knew right from wrong by this age. 17 isn't 12.

Regarding #2 - Huh? You don't think it's wrong to profit off my hard work? The fact that you DID it in the first place means you're a snake.

Regarding #3 - As I said originally, just a lousy thing to do. Mentioning "lots of people" doesn't change the fact that YOU did.

Regarding #4 - So basically letting is slide is OK? BTW, Mario's Right Nut, we've not confirmed your questionnaire is a fake.

I noticed he didn't mention anything about insulting me on an ongoing basis.

thats exactly what he  said word for word wow.  down to the "screw it"

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:05:17 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
The only semi-relevant point here is #1, resealing at age 17. God only knows I made plenty of mistakes from age 16-18 that I would never do now. Many of them were "petty" mistakes, such as totaling my mom's car at age 16 by racing in a parking lot, but the punishment (grounded for a month during my junior summer / community service / financial reimbursement) made me learn my lesson. It's also worth noting that the internet has an "anonymous" feeling to it, and a young person could rationalize stealing from people they'll never know rather than people in their hometown.

As for 2, 3 and 4, those are still completely inexcusable and quite frankly the SE story makes my blood boil. A completed auction is a completed auction, end of story.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:08:01 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
I really had no idea about all of this. I always thought Nick was a pretty decent guy. I have had many positive trades with him. I hate to see him go but sounds like its for the best.

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:09:55 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
So there you have it folks. I think this thread is long enough, and I want to be done with this negativity. Locking it.