Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Unorthodox Dragon Warrior Collection: The Legend Continues Now a website. Latest post, 5/24/19

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:01:48 PM
CAPSLOCK (0)
(STEVE TOTHEPAST) < Crack Trooper >
Prince Edward Island
isn't there a guy on here that has way more JP's than that, with a fridge or freezer thats jammed full of carts.

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:31:46 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: CAPSLOCK

isn't there a guy on here that has way more JP's than that, with a fridge or freezer thats jammed full of carts.

Correct. The DW collection is vastly underwhelming compared to the JP collection.

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 25, 2015 at 12:23:47 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Unless I am mistaken, I'm the only one left in the mega collection race. Which makes me want to pursue this thing a little more. So I'm back in the game and actively looking for copies of Dragon Warrior.

Also, I'm noticing how many copies of JP sold and it looks like I was about 100 copies in the lead when it sold.  

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 25, 2015 at 7:50:39 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
These single-game collections amuse me to no end. As soon as I get a copy of my own, I'll send all subsequent copies your way, Ferris. Really want to help you with your goal. Also, I think I want to join the mega collection journey, but I need to figure out a game I'd like to pursue.

May 25, 2015 at 9:17:46 PM
fatalfuryspecial (31)
(cool shooter spaceship) < El Ripper >
Texas
glad to hear you are still after it

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:46:41 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Well, finally got back at it a little thanks to the Let's Play Gaming Expo. I traded some Super Mario/Duck Hunts for some DWs. Add 7 more to the list!

Game and Movie Traders - #408-414

408. Elf, LINK, Buu
409. Loummek, Phill, Reptile
410. DAWN, SCOTT, PISTOff
411. JOSEPH, HORNS, DESTINY
412. Cloud, CASEY, AAA
413. LISA, Chris, Chris
414. LANCE, MATT, STEVE

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:35:06 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I got a whole bunch of Nintendo promotional stuff that I'd gladly trade for copies of Dragon Warrior.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:54:35 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I'm now on Craigslist, trading for DWs.

Craigslist Post

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:42:49 PM
epicfamilydecals (39)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I'm just learning about this collection recently...

Everything about it is amazing...the collection, the barter system, the craigslist post.

How many are you up to?

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:41:50 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
Whenever you are done trying to finish this, Id take them from you and keep going!

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:02:43 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: epicfamilydecals

I'm just learning about this collection recently... Everything about it is amazing...the collection, the barter system, the craigslist post. How many are you up to?

Well, the collection recently increased due to my renewed efforts. ​We can add these to the list:

First up was a cart that was deemed trash up at FX. They couldn't get it to work and it was in a box of stuff when it was given to me. After a little elbow grease and a lot of alcohol, it booted right up when I put it in my childhood toploader, Ol' Reliable I calls her.

FX Game Exchange (and console repair) - #415

I started a DW only trade policy and hooked another member up with my Batman box double. In exchange, two DWs he had as double. Win/Win.

yecul on NA - #416-417

I spent this past weekend having a blast at the Retro World Series. There were a couple vendors there and one of the items I managed to pick up was a boxed Power Set. Pretty sweet, it's what I had as a kid. Oh yeah, and another DW.

Retro World Series - #418

I went on a online tear at one store. Dude is probably happy for the big sale, but curious why someone would only buy one game so many times at once. An RPG tournament, mayhaps?

DK Oldies - #419-432

Not to be forgotten, the save states. Maybe your childhood is here?

415. JANICE, Emanuel, Emanuel
416. CAM
417. Bradley
418. (double check)
420. ACE , LYNX!!!!, MATTHEWW
421. TIJJJJJJ, MIKE, SEAN
422. PETER, PETER, LINK
424. AAAAAAAA, --------, --------
425. SIIR GAL, LlamaBoy, Sir Bri
426. (double check)
427. HARRY, SPOONER-,GERALD T
428. Garrett
429. Josh, Josh, Buthy
430. TEBEAR
431. BILL, BILL
432. ?

Oh yeah, and then I guess the big news. The center piece of the Unorthodox Dragon Warrior collection - drum roll, please...

A Dragon Warrior prototype approaches!

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:16:38 AM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Thats pretty sweet, question how do connect that prototype to an nes. The pictures do not show a cartridge connector, is it a T? connector on the bottom, sort of like the snes campus competition cart?

Edited: 08/16/2016 at 12:17 AM by zredgemz

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:17:40 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania

Oh yeah, and then I guess the big news. The center piece of the Unorthodox Dragon Warrior collection - drum roll, please...

Nice I warned you that thing was crazy and gigantic!

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Edited: 08/16/2016 at 12:19 AM by daillest

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:20:44 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I probably will have 5-10 copies for you once I finish moving and go through the 10 rubbermaids full of NES Doubles I have.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:20:51 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: zredgemz

Thats pretty sweet, question how do connect that prototype to an nes. The pictures do not show a cartridge connector, is it a T? connector on the bottom, sort of like the snes campus competition cart?
There is a Famicom connector on the bottom like a Famicom Disk System connection

My Ebay Listings

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:53:10 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I love that this is still a thing!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:16:41 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Couple more showed today. This guy only let me buy two at a time for some reason. Need to send him a message about a bulk sale.

Lukie Games - #433-434

#433 - DAVE, ROB, Syphter
#434 - Tom

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:18:39 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: daillest

Whoa, did you sell him yours or is this another?

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:21:18 PM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: daillest

Whoa, did you sell him yours or is this another?

Traded it to him 
It is definitely a one-of-a-kind item!

My Ebay Listings

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:32:09 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Nice!

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:44:11 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I'm glad to see this is still going on. I remember buying up to 30 at a time I think from DK Oldies and possibly Lukiegames as well when I started it out. Maybe he wants to prevent a price spike for some reason. Love that proto sexiness man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:34:05 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Might have to take down the Retro World Series copy. It was roached and despite what I've done, haven't been able to get it to play. 

Made a trade. Two new copies added to the collection!

#435-436 - Heartbreak7 on NA

435. ME, ME, ME
436. ROBERT, ROBERT, ROB

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:14:47 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I spent this past weekend having a blast at the Retro World Series. There were a couple vendors there and one of the items I managed to pick up was a boxed Power Set. Pretty sweet, it's what I had as a kid.

I want to see your Power Set! I got this one almost two weeks ago:

https://i.imgur.com/u5iL1ZX.jpg...

From a Craigslist lot with other goodies:
https://imgur.com/a/2QgBw...

Mint, and amazingly complete too. I thought it was missing the paperwork and I even ordered a replacement manual but I later found it all inside the Power Pad inner box.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:59:17 PM
jbeedham (0)
< Cherub >
Nevada
1000 copies? Seriously? lol So you stopped collecting and now you are hoarding? Sounds like you need help buddy. lol What do you plan to do after you get 1000 copies?

I must of got jipped back in the day if they were giving these away. I bought mine brand new off the shelf in the early 90's. Don't remember the exact price but it was probably $20 or $30 at the time.

Edited: 09/02/2016 at 02:59 PM by jbeedham

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:09:16 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Love it. K3V's and your collections have gotten me wanting a mega collection of my own. I just can never nail down one game I want to amass a hoard of.