Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Impossible mission 2

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:57:05 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
do you guys think impossible mission 2 is worth $8.50? I found it at a pawn shop along with time of lore for the same price. I'm debating if I should get the games or not

-------------------------

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:12:55 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure I'd personally pay that for the AVE unless it was a full-corner but for the SEI that would be a good price to me. Anything you can find locally for a reasonable price, snag, since no shipping and you're supporting local non-walmart business

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:20:02 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
the impossible mission game is SEI version

Dec 8, 2006 at 10:09:29 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
PICK IT UP!!!

SEI carts just don't turn up in the wild very much

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 9, 2006 at 12:34:08 PM
Gamefreak (1)
(Clint Shelton) < Crack Trooper >
California
If the Times of Lore game is in good shape, I would pick it up. You'll be lucky to find it under 12.00 with shipping on Ebay.

up up, down down, left right left right, B A, Start

Everything in the universe revolves around this code.

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:56:31 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Times of Lore is not worth 12 bucks IMO. I can get it all the time here for like 3.99 at the local game stores. Not very hard to find in all my experience.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:37:40 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
From the sounds of it you guys living in the states have a much more likely chance of finding rarer games and more of them than in Canada. The area i live other then the few thrift stores or the over priced flea markets there really isn't much selection. I found a few good finds in my time and won some good lots off of ebay but no where near as many as the masses. everyone up here either know what they got when there selling it or charge 3X the price anyways just for the fun of it. :S anyone have suggestions for people like me that live in crappy areas for collecting large collections.

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:34:11 AM
pseudonym (39)
(Jack N.) < Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
The box for Times of Lore is kind of tough to find IMO though.

I think that some unlicensed games are more common in Canada, mostly AVE and Color Dreams; Maxi 15 is actually fairly easy to find here in Winnipeg. A number of people have told me that there used to be an AVE warehouse here but it was wrecked by the flood in the mid 90's.

Me and quite a few other people have found 4 or more of them in the wild before - factory sealed, boxed, and loose carts. The manual is quite hard to find, and the labels for the carts are usually wrecked.

Action 52 seems more common is Eastern Canada than anywhere I've seen.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:44:52 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Camerica is pretty common here in Calgary. I think there was a distribution center in town back in the day...apparently the guy who sold the Big Nose and the Witch Doctor prototype to Dr Morbis bought a shitton of Camerica goodies from Liquidation World, and we all know where their stock comes from...Basically, with only a couple exceptions, all of Camerica's titles are easily found here. I also see a shitton of black Color Dreams carts here...in fact, I've been searching for a blue Captain Comic for a while, but all I seem to see are dozens of black ones. The one time I found a blue one, it turned out to be an upside-down label variant, so I still don't have the "common" version of the game!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:00:18 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
I'm guessing Stunt Kids is one of those exceptions, eh? Seeking that and a bunch of the black CD (I've only got 4 or 5 of them) if you could hook a brotha up Wiz...

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:03:50 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I've seen a few Stunt Kids, kinda need it CIB myself but I do have a cart of it. I'd trade it for something no problem. As for the blacks, PM me what you need and I'll take a look next time I go hunting