Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Let's make this a better to place to visit On the topic of community and negativity

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:38:33 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
what would dildo do?

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:42:36 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina

Personally since the whole time I've been here, I've never had a problem with anyone, but sometimes people do piss me off when they start acting immature, arguing over trivial crap, or putting others down over something or other, sure never aimed at me, but sometimes just reading it just irks me, makes me think back to why I left Gamefaqs. But then this place has gotten much more people on it since I first signed up, and the more crowded a place is with different folks the more out of hand things can get, which is also the reason for the need of babysitters (though sometimes I notice even they misbehave).

But I do have to say, I like it here more than any other place, and even when this place does get on my nerves, I may go away for a little bit, but always come back. So long as we're all talking about making this place better, exchanging opinions without anyone acting like jerks to one another, or whining like babies, shows overall a better amount of maturity than most other places, which is why I'm still here, otherwise I would have up and left already.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:00:49 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: qixmaster

what would dildo do?

What Would Danny (Tanner) Do

*evil smirk*

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:17:40 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Probably a good time to bump this thread again. Play nice with your fellow collectors, or just don't speak to people you don't like.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:03:09 AM
GameBoyScotty (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I have actually been less asshole-ish lately! Trying to be more helpful than wasting my words on the jugheads.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:13:27 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I'll admit to going a little awry on the lego/goodwill thread.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:40:18 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Bump.

eBay listings here

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:46:30 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
Originally posted by: Dain

Next time you feel like posting something negative, think...

WWDD

hehe
WHAT WOULD DAIN DO ! !    LOL

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:06:32 AM
CrashMan (21)
(Jeff T) < Meka Chicken >
Manitoba
WWDD... FANTASTIC!!! lol

This thread is great, I am glad to see that people are trying to bring back the friendly atmosphere that made this site so great. I stopped posting after a while as well, for a couple of reasons, but one of them was simply that it seemed all the good ole "avatars" (i recognize people on here by their pics, what can I say) seemed to be slowly fading.

I don't have a point here, I'm just saying that I'm glad people are trying to make things more positive.

3DS friend code:  2423-2144-9184

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Negativity makes me a sad panda :-(

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:26:18 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
^^ EDD and his fancy new icon,  Streaking, Jive Turkey , Attendee, Writing Facebook about while wearing his NA Tee on a freaking Boat  

Damn i need a Myriad still

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited: 02/11/2012 at 05:29 AM by Mr.Nintendo

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:24:38 AM
VenusSatanas (0)
(Venus Satanas) < Crack Trooper >
Florida
Hi there... hope I didnt arrive too late. I really love playing my NES/SNES and other consoles and so when i found this site, I was REALLY happy!! my only fear is that i have the feeling that the site is mostly *guys*... and *ahem* i know what its like to be the only lady in the room. Its not easy sometimes. So i'd like to speak for any ladies on this one: NO SEXISM!!
I wouldnt want to be at a forum where i was thought of being ''less than'' because of gender differences. Not that ive ever experienced it [im a new member, lol] but i k now that it can happen in mostly male corners of the 'net.

i like to pride myself in the fact that i could beat any guy hands down on certain NES games..but in the end that does not make me better. theres always someone else out there thats better than me, so thats why i gotta keep practicin' and playin'

Thanks for providing a good site to discuss NES stuff. I love it!! please let me know if there is a sticky for rules, i will read them and try to remember them. thank you!

*edit - forgot to ask. is there a block button or ignore feature?  is it possible to block other users if they do start trouble?  that can go a long way towards keeping peace. I generally do that on the 'net instead of arguing with people. I dont have the time or interest to argue with others and i would rather  ignore them.

"Kyu...Kyu.."

Edited: 04/07/2012 at 12:26 AM by VenusSatanas

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:30:17 AM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Welcome to the site Venus! We have a lot of great members here and hopefully you'll feel right at home. If you should encounter any problems, feel free to let the moderators know about it.

Take a look at the FAQ here: http://www.nintendoage.com/pub/fa...

That should get you up to speed on how things work around here. Once again, welcome to NA and we hope you stick around.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:12:03 PM
VenusSatanas (0)
(Venus Satanas) < Crack Trooper >
Florida
Dan, dont give up on this site. come up with a plan to moderate with a somewhat heavy hand and you'll see in time that you will be able to weed out those that really don't belong. This is the internets so people do and say things thinking that they will be anonymous...but with good moderation, everything will run smoothly. I have run a chatroom on IR since 2007, and it stays populated..but the trick is to moderate by keeping everyone on topic, moving personal discussions to a private chat, and making sure that whenever people arrive they will experience what they are looking for. It just takes some time, and some careful thought to really moderate well.

"Kyu...Kyu.."

May 3, 2012 at 12:16:15 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Needs another bump, I've read at least a few questionable comments / threads over the past week or so.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:35:15 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
...does the "Joel Thread Count?"

I hope not.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:59:03 PM
RubymoonMaiden (2)
(Lena ) < Crack Trooper >
Malaysia
Originally posted by: tacolinowest

alot of people dont like me here, so im told.... but its all good, im just here to talk, buy, trade ,like everyone else
same things happen to me too. there's a rumor I've heard from other members 2 years ago, mentioned that those who are female and/or from Asia countries are not welcome in NA. seriously, is this true? I'm here just to buy, (serious) talk, and seeking advice/thoughts in videogaming related.

my WTB:
* CIB Asian version NES games:
   Donkey Kong 3 & Rad Racer if you're willing to ship to Malaysia.

* Game & Watch Octopus

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 10:24 PM by RubymoonMaiden

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:18:45 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: RubymoonMaiden

Originally posted by: tacolinowest

alot of people dont like me here, so im told.... but its all good, im just here to talk, buy, trade ,like everyone else
same things happen to me too. there's a rumor I've heard from other members 2 years ago, mentioned that those who are female and/or from Asia countries are not welcome in NA. seriously, is this true? I'm here just to buy, (serious) talk, and seeking advice/thoughts in videogaming related.

I can't say I've ever heard that one.  There was a specific female member in a specific Asian country that a small group of people had an issue with, but personally I think it was a bit overblown, and is definitely not a general "truth" of the forum.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:29:12 PM
benroveno (0)

(Ben Roveno) < Little Mac >
Alabama
I understood completely dude. I promise i will be a nice kid here. hehe..

My precious SNES is now stored in my warehouse. Meanwhile, my first-gen Xbox is about to accompany my SNES.
Youtube gametabletz

May 28, 2015 at 10:03:26 PM
lotz-o-boxes (81)
(Peter Kuhlman) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Bump. Because this site is too awesome not to rise above the crap.

Interest check for a Chicago NA gathering! http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:05:50 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Lets not forget about this folks.

I like to think we avoid the toxicity that surrounds a lot of videogame culture online.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:34:10 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Am I allowed to say that I know Guntz didn't have a chance to reply to my post in the last thread, but hes more than welcome to PM me and we can try to talk?