Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Any way to mass print NA zine?

May 12, 2012 at 1:48:16 AM
hithat3 (0)

(.. ..) < Cherub >
Victoria
I feel its a shame this isn't in print. The quality of information and so on  makes its worth owning in print. I'm sure there are other who people who feel the same.

Is there any way you guys can put the back issues and forthcoming issues through offset or color copier/laser print them in small runs?

I'm willing to pay for a physical copy of each issue.

May 12, 2012 at 9:48:08 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Kinko's can do this. Since there aren't many interested in physical copies, it wouldn't make sense to have them mass produced.

I'm in Europe right now but I have a lot of resources available for stuff like this and was wondering the same. I will see what I can come up with. It probably won't look like a magazine but I'm going to see if I can get some hardbound books made and what the cost would be. In other words, I can do NA volumes. If I can get a reasonable price from a distributor, I can see about setting something like this up and having a bunch of stuff made.

A special edition NA hardbound magazine book would be pretty sweet in my opinion and I think I can get something like this done. I'm working on a book right now for my families military history for the family in leather. It will cost 200-400 in the end though and I know members here would want something more around the 30-50 mark so get me a couple months and I'll take it from there. Remind me if I forget...

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 12, 2012 at 10:21:50 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Actually this is economically feasible and relatively easy to do thanks to the power of the internet.

Check out Blurb.com or Lulu.com. They offer ways to Print-on-Demand 1 book at a time, offer e-Book publishing to every major e-Book retailer and even offer ISBN registration. They're an awesome way to get a couple books printed without the costs of a full publication.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

May 12, 2012 at 3:25:46 PM
hithat3 (0)

(.. ..) < Cherub >
Victoria
This should have been done when the site started. I'm really surprised nobody has demanded this earlier.

I personally never read online zines or ebooks. Physicality is not a novetly there are tons of people who avoid this altogether and only read print.

There is a very large variety of print zines out there on every subject, and zines are always low budget directly printed from copiers or laser printers. Most of authors have tight budgets anyways.

i don't think using either one is a big deal. At most its paper. Even releasing a few issues offset really isn't that expensive. I don't know why this hasn't been done or why the money is an issue.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 03:26 PM by hithat3

May 12, 2012 at 3:37:02 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Check out Blurb.com or Lulu.com.
If I'm not mistaken, I think my next-door neighbor was the CTO at Lulu.com I'll have to see if he knows of some ideas, as I've wanted to look into this as well.

May 12, 2012 at 3:48:25 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Check out Blurb.com or Lulu.com.
If I'm not mistaken, I think my next-door neighbor was the CTO at Lulu.com I'll have to see if he knows of some ideas, as I've wanted to look into this as well.

Nice! What a small world.

I'm sure he can help you greatly and at the very worst just point you in the right direction.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

May 16, 2012 at 1:59:39 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Having it in print would be a really cool option but can you not just download it and print it? I've done that myself and it worked out pretty nicely.

Edited: 05/16/2012 at 01:59 PM by Shane

May 18, 2012 at 12:08:54 PM
hithat3 (0)

(.. ..) < Cherub >
Victoria
Theres a huge difference in mass printed quality and home/kinkos-laser or inkjet. You are also draining a lot of ink and paying more to print it but if it works for you thats fine.

Edited: 05/18/2012 at 12:09 PM by hithat3

May 18, 2012 at 12:23:46 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
It's just that the Ezine was never designed with mass printing in mind.

It's an E zine, E for electronic. I personally print them out and read them.

Everyone is different and having them mass printed and distributed would be both a huge task and an expensive one.

May 18, 2012 at 6:23:36 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Paul

It's just that the Ezine was never designed with mass printing in mind.

It's an E zine, E for electronic. I personally print them out and read them.

Everyone is different and having them mass printed and distributed would be both a huge task and an expensive one.

Right on