Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

misprints anyone looking for errors to add to my site

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:51:11 AM
Of games (3)

(Joshua Rogers) < Eggplant Wizard >
Victoria
not sure if this is classified as a misprint, but Aussie Rules Footy for the NES has "licensed by Nintendo" on the cartridge in white - I've never seen it not red.

-------------------------
Writing a book about the NES and Nintendo in PAL regions and Asia/Korea/Hong Kong/India/etc. Contact me if you have anything interesting about this.

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:51:10 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
I have a Mouse Trap for Game Boy with off center printing.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:03:54 AM
unseenforce (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
'Revelaitions'

Never forget

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:33:03 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
There is another label under the game label of one of the DS games I have...it's a different one than the top label as well, does that count?

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:38:32 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Limbofunk

There is another label under the game label of one of the DS games I have...it's a different one than the top label as well, does that count?

Yeah got pics?

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:45:46 PM
Limbofunk (160)
New York
Originally posted by: hybrid

Yeah got pics?

Should be able to tomorrow--if you don't see a post, feel free to bug me about it.  :-p

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:42:40 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Would a factory sticker over a sticker count?

I have a Neo Geo cartridge that has a Flying Power Disc sticker and then a somewhat off centered laid over english Wind Jammers sticker over the top with the serial # part cut off the far end to not lay over the bottom one which I found strange.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:12:09 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Pics I'm totally unfamiliar with neo geo

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:33:39 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
I have a sealed copy of MegaMan 5 Battle Network DS with an upside-down Nintendo logo.

www.videogamesage.com...

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:45:02 PM
MegaMan52 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Not sure if this actually counts, but...:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMan52/

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:55:56 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Nice quaze like the others show me some pics

MegaMan52 Very nice box that error is on my site already

Sense you are showing what you guys got I'll show what I got

Edited: 10/27/2017 at 01:24 PM by hybrid

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:24:24 AM
Limbofunk (160)
New York

The game inside is Il 2 Sturmovik, but I don't know if it's a different region cart or what.

Oct 28, 2017 at 7:29:16 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Looks like a completely different game label underneath
I think I have an idea of which one

Oct 29, 2017 at 12:06:11 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
I can't prove it shipped from the factory like this but I've got a copy of NES Play Action Football that has Sunsoft's Batman inside.

The pins were mangled by a previous owner who tried to pull the board out with pliers or something (clearly couldn't get in). As a result, I couldn't get the game working properly (garbled graphics). If you know NES Sunsoft Batman, you know it already has a tendency to fake the user into thinking that it locked up/reset, but I couldn't see Batman and I didn't realize it until I let the music continue. They also tried to peel the label but only got some of the top off. The screws still had that "snap" that untouched screws in plastic have and the board is the same so I strongly suspect a factory mistake.

The seller (GA Game Shop) claimed to test ALL games and got defensive even though I only brought it up to thank her for the better game and ask how she got it. Made me sorry I even asked.

Speaking of the game's fake-out: I remember spending HOURS trying to get the original to "work" as a kid... when it wasn't even broken.   They made the screen blank with the sustained note so convincing that almost every original user fought with a perfectly working game to get it to load!

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:08:14 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

Would a factory sticker over a sticker count?

I have a Neo Geo cartridge that has a Flying Power Disc sticker and then a somewhat off centered laid over english Wind Jammers sticker over the top with the serial # part cut off the far end to not lay over the bottom one which I found strange. 

Interesting. I’ve only just started to get some Neo Geo stuff. From what I understand, most games have identical ROMa between USA and Japan (and usually arcade MVS + Home AES variations too). CZroe installed Universe BIOS on our Japanese Neo Geo AES. Changing the system’s region in Universe BIOS causes our first game to boot as “Garou Densetsu Special” or “Fatal Fury Special.” Since the game simply defects what type of system it’s running on, I wonder if there was a physical lock-out as you see with SNES and N64...?

So Windjammers is the USA name and Flying Power Disc is the Japanese name? I guess that kind of error is inevitable when they’re producing the Japanese and USA labeled carts off the same production line.  

Oct 29, 2017 at 12:35:27 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Yes the Neo Geo format the games at least for the arcade and aes side of things have both sets of ENG + JP language on them. Depending on your BIOS or UniBIOS to choose it will fire up one set of graphics/text or the other. I've had an arcade cabinet for awhile and have a couple dozen games or so for it along with one of those multicarts. I just don't go around advertising it much as it seems unnecessary. I got somewhat out of buying home console games as it got funky and moved into picking up a pinball table and an arcade cabinet instead as they had been decades long wants. The NeoGeo made sense as I loved it back in the 90s and you can get an entire arcade into one cabinet worth of space.

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:05:20 AM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: CZroe

I can't prove it shipped from the factory like this but I've got a copy of NES Play Action Football that has Sunsoft's Batman inside.

The pins were mangled by a previous owner who tried to pull the board out with pliers or something (clearly couldn't get in). As a result, I couldn't get the game working properly (garbled graphics). If you know NES Sunsoft Batman, you know it already has a tendency to fake the user into thinking that it locked up/reset, but I couldn't see Batman and I didn't realize it until I let the music continue. They also tried to peel the label but only got some of the top off. The screws still had that "snap" that untouched screws in plastic have and the board is the same so I strongly suspect a factory mistake.

The seller (GA Game Shop) claimed to test ALL games and got defensive even though I only brought it up to thank her for the better game and ask how she got it. Made me sorry I even asked.

Speaking of the game's fake-out: I remember spending HOURS trying to get the original to "work" as a kid... when it wasn't even broken.   They made the screen blank with the sustained note so convincing that almost every original user fought with a perfectly working game to get it to load!
Haha nice story. Gradius 3 is one that faked me out. Upon boot, it shows the test grid pattern. I thought it was the game glitching up. Took me a while before I figured that one out. lol

Nov 10, 2017 at 9:03:03 AM
Of games (3)

Victoria
A few more:
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.... UKV version of Defenders of the Crown says "Ultra" on the right, but "Palcom" on the left. I checked a few others, and Palcom is correctly used in them, so it is definitely a misprint / forgotton thing.

Also, UKV Paperboy 2 is the only NES game (at least in the PAL-A region) which has reversed top of the box. https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.... Apologies for quality. You see that if you look at it sideways,bottom-to-top (aka turn your head left), the text of every other NES game is left-to-right. Paperboy 2 is the odd one out, with it reversed.

Writing a book about the NES and Nintendo in PAL regions and Asia/Korea/Hong Kong/India/etc. Contact me if you have anything interesting about this.

Edited: 11/10/2017 at 09:04 AM by Of games

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:21:38 AM
Of games (3)

Victoria
Originally posted by: Of games

not sure if this is classified as a misprint, but Aussie Rules Footy for the NES has "licensed by Nintendo" on the cartridge in white - I've never seen it not red.

^ This isn't a misprint, there's some others like this too.

These are however:
the UKV Super Spike V'ball cartridge has English and French on it; it should either be in English and Italian, or just plain English

The back of Ski or Die UKV's manual (dunno about other regions) says "PALCOM SOFTWARE IS A TRADEMARK OF FALCOM SOFTWARE". It should said PALCOM SOFTWARE. pic: https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn....

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:15:13 AM
Of games (3)

Victoria

My sig was too large so the evil overload took it away

another one:
https://i.imgur.com/P6d3vrd.jpg...
says "NSE-EI-UKV" instead of NES-

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:13:45 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Bump

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:43:18 PM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hey, I have 'The Ultimate Stuntman' for NES that's misaligned.

https://imgur.com/a/I6Iz7...

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:53:47 AM
PapaStu (6)
(Stu McStuerton) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Yeah got pics?

Should be able to tomorrow--if you don't see a post, feel free to bug me about it.  :-p

Funny enough, I've got a DS game with that as well.  What was your problem child game Limbo?

**DUR edit** 

I didn't see the posts below, my screen wasn't scrolling and showing your post.  I've got a Mask of Zorro with a second label on it.  I'll see if I've got pictures handy in a non Photobucket format.

Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.

Edited: 04/12/2018 at 10:55 AM by PapaStu

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:07:57 AM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Here's one for you.  

XBOX Silent Scope - misspelled "Manaul"  --- I'd guess typical of all copies if anyone wants to confirm.

Please see the new goodness:   www.videogamesage.com

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:25:50 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: PapaStu

Yeah got pics?

Funny enough, I've got a DS game with that as well.  What was your problem child game Limbo?

**DUR edit** 

I didn't see the posts below, my screen wasn't scrolling and showing your post.  I've got a Mask of Zorro with a second label on it.  I'll see if I've got pictures handy in a non Photobucket format.

Mask of Zoro you talking about the GBC game? I got a carmegeddeon with two labels