Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

RetroWorld Expo 2018 Sept 8th-9th, 2018; Anyone from NA planning on attending?

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:10:39 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

http://retroworldexpo.com/...

Retroworld Expo 2018 is happening again this year at the Hartford Convention Center. I've been going since the inaugural convention I've always had a great time. It has been a great chance to meet a few members of Nintendoage. I think my fondest memory of RWX 2017 was being saved at having my ass kicked in a 2vs1 team NBA Hangtime match when Midway Programmer/Liu Kang model Josh Tsui jumped onto my team on the arcade cab. That was a really cool experience. So was hanging out during the after-con bar area sharing some beers with a few guys from Nintendoage.

So is anyone else planning on attending? 

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:19:02 PM
Pendragonx (5)
(Evan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts
You, me, Will and Pam .. and uh.. Winterion always goes, doesn't he?

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:45:20 AM
Visc (39)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
I've been going from the first year and I'll be going again - looking forward to the auction, seeing local laser disc expert Culturedog and being right around the corner from Bears BBQ (to anyone who loves good BBQ, get your butts over there that weekend).

Edited: 08/30/2018 at 02:46 AM by Visc

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:25:44 AM
Pendragonx (5)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Visc

being right around the corner from Bears BBQ ...
Oho .. how 'around the corner' is it? I've visited that area of Hartford a lot, but not sure I've heard of this place.. I'm looking forward to TED's myself  mmmm delicious Bison Burgers

Yeah,the auction should be cool.. though I kind of wish they had the original auction guy from the first two years

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:38:33 AM
Visc (39)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Pendragonx

Oho .. how 'around the corner' is it? I've visited that area of Hartford a lot, but not sure I've heard of this place.. I'm looking forward to TED's myself  mmmm delicious Bison Burgers

Yeah,the auction should be cool.. though I kind of wish they had the original auction guy from the first two years

Maybe a 5 minute walk, tops? I remember it being a very short distance on foot and.its worth it just for some burnt ends.

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:45:19 AM
Pendragonx (5)
Massachusetts
I know Pats and CaptainMorganDrinker were vending last year., not sure if they signed up to vend again?

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:52:58 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

I know Pats and CaptainMorganDrinker were vending last year., not sure if they signed up to vend again?

This year pats1717 did, I didn't.   Since that show is a flight for me instead a drive, I'll probably only go every few years.

Edited: 08/30/2018 at 10:59 AM by captmorgandrinker

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:39:21 AM
Operative09 (103)
< Eggplant Wizard >

I went to the auction the first two years, those were a good time.  I didn't go to the auction last year and didn't know the auctioneer had been changed.  Makes sense though, I see there is now a buyer's fee.  

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:52:46 AM
Visc (39)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
FWIW, with last year's auction, I ended up walking away with a 60gig BC PS3 for about $55 when all was said and done, so there's still good stuff happening with it if you play your cards right. I just won't have anything in it this year as my stuff did awful last year.

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:17:27 PM
Pendragonx (5)
Massachusetts
Yeah, I think teh_lurv got a great deal on a fightstick and I know Will picked up a couple good deals as well

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:43:47 PM
Duke.Togo (114)
(Christopher Cantrell) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I won't be making it out this time, but I've been to the last 3. Fun time to be had, and the auction is worth going to. Great show, and I hope to make it next year.

Sep 9, 2018 at 11:34:47 PM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
Picked up a cheetahman II Box only with the insert and dust sleeve for a great price. Wasn't really the highest of my wants, but wasn't gonna pass it up. the last thing I expected to come home with. Now that bastard cart...

Anyone attend the auctions? I wanted to but was unable to leave my booth. There was some oddly rare and high end items. I wanted that CIB ROB. My buddy got a sealed Mega Man X controller for cheapppp. I've never even heard of them until he showed me

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 09/09/2018 at 11:36 PM by SNESfinder-

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:41:56 PM
wattswc (102)
(Will Watts) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Third year in a row attending, as usual, had a great time. The vendor floor in my opinion, was the weakest it has been since I've been going, but there was a lot of stuff to make up for the smaller selection. The auction was the best I've ever seen it done, and the layout was very well defined and much improved over previous years. The event staff put on a fantastic show that just keeps getting better and better as the show ages. Looking forward to what they have in store next year.

Gimme http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:38:57 AM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Wasn't expecting to go, but was able to make it at the last minute. Kris, Lance, and Bill throw a terrific weekend event. Agreed that the layout/setup was great this year. Worth the drive!

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube