Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES PAL-A tear-strip sealed games Any recent sales figures for NES tear-strip sealed games?

Jun 12 at 5:11:03 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recent sales figures for Nintendo NES PAL-A tear-strip sealed games?

Or any estimates/range on value of a Low G Man with Nintendo tear-strip seal? See attached photos.

Thanks!

Edited: 06/14/2019 at 06:24 AM by Speedy_NES

Jun 14 at 6:25:40 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium
Any ideas on value? Thanks!

Jun 14 at 7:28:45 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
This is why we need PAL discussion.

That's the PAL-A UKV version, right? If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's worth ‎£100 / €115 / $125

PAL-A copies of Low G Man, from my findings, only came sealed with that sticker. I'm going to have to assume (despite no evidence) that since Low G Man wasn't a great hit, that it also only came with the strip seal as well. Last, since it wasn't a great hit, yet isn't super rare (CIB), I think that a standard 2-3x 100% Complete / Mint CIB rule of thumb would apply given the overall condition. Though, take it with a grain of salt because I'm not a huge PAL collector besides the unlicensed stuff.

Jun 14 at 12:53:28 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium
Thanks Joseph, appreciate the input, and agree that more PAL discussion would be great to have on NA.

This is indeed the PAL-A UKV version. The thing about these tearstrip seals is that they are extremely rare for NES titles. There were various distributors in the UK (AFAIK NESI, Mattel, Bandai, Nintendo), and only the Nintendo UK distributed titles came in these seals, so not every new copy of Low G Man would have it. To give an idea on rarity, AFAIK there are only two known copies of Low G Man with this seal.

I haven't seen any tearstrip NES titles for sale in two years, but also don't check routinely anymore. I asked for value in a FB group and someone gave a rule-of-thumb of 10x retail. I've personally seen these tearstrip seals sell some years back for anywhere between 400-1000 EUR depending on title, with one exception at 5000 EUR when Omar was paying top-dollar. Didn't mention this before as I did not want to bias anyone's estimates, but I guess it's useful for the discussion.

I'm curious whether there's been any tearstrip NES title sales in the past two years to use as a more recent benchmark for value.