NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Megacat Studios Creepy Brawlers doesnt work AVS

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:16:30 AM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Oddzball

Also, i dont think its impatient or unreasonable to be wondering why there hasnt been in update in almost a year.

Almost a year? The 1.20 firmware update hasn't been available that long.

The 1.2 "Final" is the beta 8 which came out in February, if you read the change log.
(AVS-v1.20b8.bin 2017-02-02 19:01)

So yes, about a year.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:23:05 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Well at any rate, did you offer to send the troubled cartridge(s)?

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:25:57 AM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >

Offered in my email to help back a year ago (OCT2016), got no response back, hence my comment about non-answers(non commital to fix) or no reply at all. My longer post may have come off as abrasive, but when they responded saying they had replied to all of my emails, when clearly they had not, I got a bit  miffed.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:27:42 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Just so we are clear, OP is upset that the AVS will not run ONE specific "hack" and because of that the AVS has poor compatibility?

Excuse me? Im not concerned about *fucking* hacks. I find it pretty odd that something that is suppose to be a FPGA replica of the original hardware, CANNOT run shit that runs on the original hardware. And it sure as hell is more than ONE specific hack. Should I NOT be able to use the AVS to run NEW homebrew games? Really?  My complaint, is the fact that we havent seen them fix any of the bugs in the firmware, OBVIOUS bugs mind you, for 10 months.

So apparrently, no we arent clear, because you cant be bothered to actually read my post. 

Take it easy big guy. No need to get all excited. Your email that you sent to the support team reffered to one singular game- That is a pirate (that I referred to  as a “hack” ). 
So yes, I did read your post. Hence “one specific hack” comment. I assume things like this take a while to fix, Hopefully future firmware updates are put out at a speed that you approve of so your suffering can be ended. 

And the OP, or title of my original post or the other games I mentioned?

Also, i dont think its impatient or unreasonable to be wondering why there hasnt been in update in almost a year. Frankly for the price of the console, I would have expected better of them, but when I see that long without any updates or attempts to fix the issue, Im going to assume maybe someone ought to point out they never did fix the issues, hence the email.

Its not unreasonable. 

That being said, I have no idea how things like this are fixed, or how long it takes. I do know retro USB is a smaller company, so maybe things take longer to fix. 

What if they have been feverishly working on it for 10 months, and can’t figure it out? Who knows. 

I do know you have a few options. 

1. Wait it out patiently
2. Sell your AVS
3. Use your regular NES for those 3-4 specific games, and use your AVS for everything else and its other cool features 

Being abrasve and saying the compatability is poor because of 3-4 games unlicensed games released after the original console is unpleasant. 

Edited: 12/13/2017 at 12:29 AM by MrWunderful

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:28:59 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Offered in my email to help back a year ago (OCT2016), got no response back, hence my comment about non-answers(non commital to fix) or no reply at all. My longer post may have come off as abrasive, but when they responded saying they had replied to all of my emails, when clearly they had not, I got a bit  miffed.

I don't see your offer to send a cartridge in your email up there.

"Offering to help" without specifically saying you will send the cartridge is too vague. They probably get a ton of "offers to help" from every chucklefuck out there who thinks they know there way around a console. Put your cartridges where your mouth is.  

Edited: 12/13/2017 at 12:31 AM by Tulpa

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:33:43 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
“White knighting”? Really? Lol. I dont care either way. 

PVM snob.  

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:35:42 AM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >

I don't see your offer to send a cartridge in your email up there.

"Offering to help" without specifically saying you will send the cartridge is too vague. They probably get a ton of "offers to help" from every chucklefuck out there who thinks they know there way around a console. Put your cartridges where your mouth is.  

Well, I think there are later emails missing, but I have offerred more than once and Im pretty sure back then I tried getting in touch with Bunnyboy too, but never got a response. So sorry if I sound a little frustrated, I just figured there would be some expectation of support to get things fixed since even the firmware from a year ago actually made things worse. I dont mean to sound like a whiny customer, but its not like these were cheap consoles and we are asking out of charity, we did pay for them.

Edited: 12/13/2017 at 12:37 AM by Oddzball

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:37:16 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

PVM snob.  

I secretly want all hdmi based fpga consoles to fail so everyone has to return to the dark days of RGB

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:38:45 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Keep in mind he was neck deep in the connector and USB port issues around that time, not to mention setting up the second run. Maybe things have calmed down.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:39:05 AM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >

PVM snob.  

I secretly want all hdmi based fpga consoles to fail so everyone has to return to the dark days of RGB
Sorry for being a dick, Im just annoyed by the situation in general as this is the third homebrew (Not hack) Ive gotten recently that hasnt worked and having to switch between firware all the time is kinda getting on my nerves.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:25:57 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Have they all been from the same place?

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:38:19 PM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Have they all been from the same place?

No, Pokemon Yellow was from a private party, Megacat Studios I had 2 games not work, FF7 was from Flashback, and there are a few more I cant think of off top of my head(At work atm), but basically no, its not like its one place selling bad boards. THing is, some of them work with SOME of the firmware. For example, FF7? Works fine with beta 6, supposidly Megacat games, beta 7, Pokemon Yellow, kinda worked with beta 6, and kinda worked with beta 7, but both had issues, or solved one issue but created another. As I stated earlier, having to jump between firmware is starting to be a pain in the ass IMO and ought to be solved.

Edited: 12/13/2017 at 02:40 PM by Oddzball

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:17:59 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Bump. It's been fixed. My creeping it reel cart works with 1.3b6. I assume Creepy Brawlers used the sAme PCB so it should work as well. Haven't received Medusa yet. Can't wait to play it.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 04/08/2018 at 06:18 PM by Kosmic StarDust