Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Feb 21 at 2:23:25 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Hey Everyone, today is an exciting day — we’ve all seen how items sell on eBay, but video games are finally getting the special treatment within the marketplace that they deserve! This recognition is going on today at Heritage. The Heritage Signature Auctions are an event that happens 4 times a year, and they’re so fun to watch. They’re going on right now here:

https://live.ha.com/live.zx?saleNo=7204&sessionNo=1&...

When you see what these comics and comic art are selling for you’ll realize that the 100k Mario sale might just be the beginning. Are comics more significant and important than video games to our history and pop culture? I personally don’t think so.

There is a live auctioneer that you can watch as they go through each items. The video games are in Session 2 (today) and Session 4 (Saturday).  Session 2 starts at 3PM Eastern and the approximately 25 video games are going to be about an hour or hour and a half into the session.

Some of your own NA members have items going up including yours truly. Even if you don’t plan on bidding, I’d highly recommend taking a look and seeing video games enter the elite level of collectibles. Even if you’re not a comic guy, it’s really cool to see how these comic pieces sell. This is where history is made.

NA Members with items for sale (correct me if i wrong).
qixmaster
Robin Mihara
MCMROSE
Bronty
raregamergirl
ExplodedHamster

Let me know if i missed anyone.  Happy to answer any questions for items going - PM ME!

To see some of the big ticket items selling today you can go here:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ne=1058&N=52+7...

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Feb 21 at 2:34:58 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Some bids start at 10k and each auction last only minutes?

Is that right?

damn. Some of the auction are less than a minute long.

lol my little tapeworm brain can’t even fathom having so much $ I could spend $150,000+ on a comic book. 

Thats hilarious. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 02:45 PM by skinnygrinny

Feb 21 at 5:19:20 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
God, I wish arcade auctions were this fast. Anyone got $26,000 for Hulk #1? No? Sold, next. So faaaast.

Oh yeah, if we get to live in a world where there are 500 video game lots like this, I'm so there. Watching people spend all this money is fun.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 05:25 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 21 at 5:26:38 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
video games start in 20 lots of so

eBay listings here

Feb 21 at 5:50:39 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Oh my god Halo sold for more than Chrono Trigger. You people in the audience need to check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 05:50 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 21 at 6:02:07 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Very fun to watch missed the early ones had no idea they did it that way

Feb 21 at 6:20:35 PM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Oh my god Halo sold for more than Chrono Trigger. You people in the audience need to check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.
Do you think the Halo sold for too much or the Chrono Trigger sold too cheap?  Or both?  

Feb 21 at 6:25:57 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
i think halo went under market - i think the nfr version is probably worth around 10k. only a handful sealed copies known of one of the most important gaming franchises of all time.

chrono went off i thought -

turtles, holy shit! that is nuts.

eBay listings here

Feb 21 at 6:30:48 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Originally posted by: Filter81

Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Do you think the Halo sold for too much or the Chrono Trigger sold too cheap?  Or both?  

A variant that happens to be super rare sealed be damned, a super duper nice Chrono Trigger should be worth more than some Xbox game   I'm a little biased.

Feb 21 at 6:40:28 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
chrono went well - so did drac x - i think drac x went a little under.

DW proto did well. I sold a similar version on ebay in 2011 for 1500, so it was nice seeing it hit over 2k.

eBay listings here

Feb 21 at 6:52:36 PM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: qixmaster

DW proto did well. I sold a similar version on ebay in 2011 for 1500, so it was nice seeing it hit over 2k.
I ended up winning the Dracula X and was underbidder on the Chrono.  I would have much rather ended up with the Chrono instead, but it was really tough to figure out where to stop bidding. Opinions varied quite a bit on that one.  

Feb 21 at 7:19:27 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon

I ended up winning the Dracula X and was underbidder on the Chrono.  I would have much rather ended up with the Chrono instead, but it was really tough to figure out where to stop bidding. Opinions varied quite a bit on that one.  

I agree - i think both did well and I think Dracula X was a deal, so kudos on winning that. Thanks for posting!

Anybody know who won the Tengen Tetris?  Anybody else here win anything?  

eBay listings here

Feb 21 at 7:39:07 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Edit - Oh, who won. I can’t read good.

Overall, very impressive night for WATA imo.

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 07:55 PM by ExplodedHamster

Feb 21 at 8:10:49 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
What did the headless SE go for? I can't see it

Feb 21 at 8:11:33 PM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: 98ViperGTS

$10,500 out the door (with Buyer Premium included)

Feb 21 at 8:12:56 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Should be able to get $14-15K for a nice one now 😏

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 08:13 PM by 98ViperGTS

Feb 21 at 9:03:12 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha. Should be able to get $14-15K for a nice one now 😏

Maybe, though seller pockets 8,500, not 10,500.

Feb 21 at 9:44:59 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha. Should be able to get $14-15K for a nice one now 😏

It was from The Headless Collection so it went from a premium as a known work of NES folk art.

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 09:45 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 21 at 9:56:40 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Really interesting to see the whole WATA + Heritage scene unfold.

It seems it's more like Toy/Comic collectors getting their feet wet in a new category rather than some hardcore game collectors bidding on premium items.

10K for headless SE is kind of foolish price (today at least). My logic tells me that these Uber rare, but non-culturally significant titles don't really have much more of a market than fullset collectors.

I have a theoretical upper limit on games like Stadium Events, Little Samson, Hagane, Sculptors Cut, etc. meanwhile games like Dinosaur Peak, DK Competition, and NWC probably have no real upper limit since they cater to classic cultural icons and relevant current in-industry figures. I can see a future where Majoras Mask Adventure Set, or QVC Maximum carnage does for more than a loose SE.

Think of it this way: Action Comics #1 is not the rarest comic but the most valuable. Amazing Fantasy 15 isn't the first in the series, but the most important since it's the first appearance of Spider-Man. The rarest stuff is still valuable, but not remotely as desirable.

Maybe that's where upper tier collecting is heading? Does this mean I'm *gasp* "middle of the road" as a CIB collector!!!

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 02/21/2019 at 09:59 PM by PowerPlayers

Feb 21 at 11:06:30 PM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

It seems it's more like Toy/Comic collectors getting their feet wet in a new category rather than some hardcore game collectors bidding on premium items.

10K for headless SE is kind of foolish price (today at least). My logic tells me that these Uber rare, but non-culturally significant titles don't really have much more of a market than fullset collectors.

I have a theoretical upper limit on games like Stadium Events, Little Samson, Hagane, Sculptors Cut, etc. meanwhile games like Dinosaur Peak, DK Competition, and NWC probably have no real upper limit since they cater to classic cultural icons and relevant current in-industry figures. I can see a future where Majoras Mask Adventure Set, or QVC Maximum carnage does for more than a loose SE.

Think of it this way: Action Comics #1 is not the rarest comic but the most valuable. Amazing Fantasy 15 isn't the first in the series, but the most important since it's the first appearance of Spider-Man. The rarest stuff is still valuable, but not remotely as desirable.

Maybe that's where upper tier collecting is heading? Does this mean I'm *gasp* "middle of the road" as a CIB collector!!!

I know very little about video games yet.  But I do know about comic books and encapsulation.  If video games follow the same path as comic books did after CGC started, look for high grade, games with popular characters, and games with good box art to do well over the next 10 years.  There are 11,000+ Hulk 181s (1st appearance of Wolverine) that have been certified and that book continues to go up in price every year.  At the same time there were plenty of comic books pre-CGC that used to be worth money based solely on scarcity but lacking any important 1st appearances and lacking good cover art that did not hold up as well over the same time period.  

Feb 21 at 11:22:54 PM
Beabull (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
How long did those sessions last?

Feb 21 at 11:29:45 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

I know very little about video games yet.  But I do know about comic books and encapsulation.  If video games follow the same path as comic books did after CGC started, look for high grade, games with popular characters, and games with good box art to do well over the next 10 years.  There are 11,000+ Hulk 181s (1st appearance of Wolverine) that have been certified and that book continues to go up in price every year.  At the same time there were plenty of comic books pre-CGC that used to be worth money based solely on scarcity but lacking any important 1st appearances and lacking good cover art that did not hold up as well over the same time period.  

It’s gonna be popular shit like Mario Bros, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, Sonic, Halo, Final Fantasy, etc. 

And this stuff is getting rarer by the second. The population of sealed SMB and TMNT NES games has exponentially decreased in the last month alone. Sonic 1 is already rare as hell. Even Dragon Warrior has disappeared. 

Buckle up, folks!

Feb 21 at 11:38:08 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
I look at those sold prices and I'm beaide myself. Just.... What..?

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Feb 22 at 6:39:20 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I collect cards and auction house prices typically always do better than ebay, unless it's a dedicated large volume consignment shop (6 digit feedback counts). Then those listings go bonkers at 10-50% above what people think they should go for as well. It doesn't necessarily move the entire market at once. You'd also expect the initial listings to do the best then the non-rare stuff will cool as everyone else tries to cash in. Same thing happened with VGA games in 2010-2012 when they ballooned really high based on first ones to market and new spenders in the scene.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 22 at 9:07:25 AM
steveborock (0)
< Cherub >
Texas

I agree - i think both did well and I think Dracula X was a deal, so kudos on winning that. Thanks for posting!

Anybody know who won the Tengen Tetris?  Anybody else here win anything?  

I won a few: Doom, Superman & War of Gems. Very happy!  

You can borrow from the Devil
You can borrow from a friend
But the Devil give you twenty
When your friend got only ten.....