Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

CIB Gameboy Finds Will update each week with new finds!!

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:09:56 PM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Originally posted by: jonebone

Isn't Sumo Figher the gem of that picture? Nice pickups indeed.

Sumo Fighter is the gem, but Super Chase H.Q. is a very hard to find CIB as well. Alfred Chicken/Mr. Do/Darkman are all very hard to find also. Great scores Jeff!

-------------------------
Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:10:10 AM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
Found some nice additions to the Gameboy collection. Only need about 100 or so more games.

Big thank you to Tuxedocivic for the very minty Turtles III sale! Tough one to find CIB.

Buster Bros. is brand new and very minty!!

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:29:32 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Some really nice stuff! I'm actually gonna be doing cart-only GB soon, once I get the last of the NES carts I need. Congrats!

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:11:41 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Nice stuff man! I'll admit, I've officially been corrupted and now own a handful of Gameboy games. Well, threads like these and the "Series Awards" thread have given me a new appreciation for the handhelds I've never played.

Also, is it just me, or does the artwork on Gameboy boxes seem better than NES? Probably because I'm new to it, but many of them are vibrant with flashy designs.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:18:04 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Nice finds. this thread is crazy, i swear there was a time in my life (had to be about 7 or 8 years ago, i was seeing complete gameboy games go for nothing. And i remember sitting at the computer thinking "man i should just start collecting cib gameboy games, cause they go so freakin cheap and no one seems to care about them. And i was trying to convince myself the box art was just as cool as NES games lol. And then i decided to keep my eye on the NES prize and never thought about it again. I kinda wish i stocked up on these back then and went in that direction like my instinct told me, since it has really seemed to take off. Crazy tho. lol

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Edited: 09/13/2011 at 11:18 PM by Parpunk

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:39:56 PM
RpgCollector (128)
California
Some nice finds over the last two weeks.

Big thank you to Fantomex for the trade to get Spirtual Warefare cart/manual and Jimmy Conners Sealed!!

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:45:36 AM
BalloonFight (233)
California
Very nice as always. I've always wanted an Iron Man X-O.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:19:11 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Looking good man!

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:28:37 AM
Jinroh (3)
(J N) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Wow, nice man, you're really amassing a nice collection of good looking CIBs. It'd be like Christmas if I could just find one. XD

WTB: Mega Man and Mega Man 5 (NES)

Edited: 09/26/2011 at 08:28 AM by Jinroh

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:19:52 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Wow, you'll be done in no time at this rate. You've got a lot of key titles out of the way.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:26:07 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Some of these I really have no idea how you're finding. great job.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:58:31 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Very cool to see all these nice looking boxes in one place. It's amazing to me that any kids kept there Gameboy boxes. You'd think 99.9% of them ended up in the trash.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:26:57 AM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
This thread makes me want to collect Gameboy, but I really need to keep my focus! Awesome finds man!

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:16:04 PM
RpgCollector (128)
California
Originally posted by: Dain

Wow, you'll be done in no time at this rate. You've got a lot of key titles out of the way.
Originally posted by: udisi

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been very lucky so far. Right place at the right time for most of these, and some help from the great members of NA. I am obsessed with getting a CIB set now. I only have:

86 carts
76 manuals
83 boxes

Left to get. This is when it starts getting really tough!! I hope I have a big enough set of  to make it to the end (and a big enough wallet)!

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:23:27 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Awesome. I really love CIB original game boy collecting. I only have 10 or so games, but they're so beautiful!

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:37:09 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California
Originally posted by: RpgCollector

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been very lucky so far. Right place at the right time for most of these, and some help from the great members of NA. I am obsessed with getting a CIB set now. I only have:

86 carts
76 manuals
83 boxes

Left to get. This is when it starts getting really tough!! I hope I have a big enough set of  to make it to the end (and a big enough wallet)!

I think you'll get it pretty easily. Which big titles are you missing? I seem to recall you having a bunch of near impossible ones already.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:15:33 PM
RpgCollector (128)
California
Originally posted by: BalloonFight

86 carts
76 manuals
83 boxes

I think you'll get it pretty easily. Which big titles are you missing? I seem to recall you having a bunch of near impossible ones already.

Funny thing is, it's not the big titles I am worried about. I have a line on most of them to buy (just need the cash). It's the titles that are not for sale anywhere CIB:

For example:

Captain America
Dick Tracy
Felix the Cat (either one)
Hit the Ice
Jeopardy Teen Tournament
Joe & Mac
Jordan vs Bird
Ninja Boy 2
Niv Bible (ok so one big one)
Shaq Fu
Tasmania Story
Universal Soldier
Wayne's World
World Circuit Series
Zen

All the rest I have a line on or am pretty sure they will hit sooner or later. The 15 above I have not seen for sale or have only seen for sale once CIB in the last year.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:42:34 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California
^ Yeah that's quite a list, at least 5 of those are extraaa hard to find. I picked up my Captain America a while back fortunately. BTW, I believe Brians Toys has a VGA 85 Zen still.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:46:27 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina

Captain America

Dick Tracy
Felix the Cat (either one)
Hit the Ice
Jeopardy Teen Tournament
Joe & Mac
Jordan vs Bird
Ninja Boy 2
Niv Bible (ok so one big one)
Shaq Fu
Tasmania Story
Universal Soldier
Wayne's World
World Circuit Series
Zen

All the rest I have a line on or am pretty sure they will hit sooner or later. The 15 above I have not seen for sale or have only seen for sale once CIB in the last year.

If it makes you feel any better (ha!), 3 of those I've only seen one copy of, which I ended up buying graded: Zen, Joe & Mac, Hit the Ice. 

I've yet to see those 3 since then.

These I've seen several times, so you'll likely find them sooner than later:

Dick Tracy
Felix the Cat
Jeopardy Teen Tournament
Jordan vs Bird
Tasmania Story
Universal Soldier
World Circuit Series

These were the last titles I needed (found in this order), so have fun!:

Niv Bible
Ninja Boy 2
Wayne's World

And one that deserves special mention:

Shaq Fu

I've never seen the box for sale on eBay or Amazon (or anywhere directly online). I got this from someone on NA as part of a bulk purchase. I'm convinced this would have been the last one I needed otherwise.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:37:06 PM
PSyKaD4LiC (31)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(aka Nick Morgan) < Little Mac >
New Jersey
Super awesome thread, sweet pictures. Keep it up! Keep posting your finds and posting pictures, I thoroughly enjoy looking at the pics and following your progress

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:21:48 AM
RpgCollector (128)
California

If it makes you feel any better (ha!), 3 of those I've only seen one copy of, which I ended up buying graded: Zen, Joe & Mac, Hit the Ice. 

Dick Tracy
Felix the Cat
Jeopardy Teen Tournament
Jordan vs Bird
Tasmania Story
Universal Soldier
World Circuit Series

Niv Bible
Ninja Boy 2
Wayne's World

Shaq Fu

I've never seen the box for sale on eBay or Amazon (or anywhere directly online). I got this from someone on NA as part of a bulk purchase. I'm convinced this would have been the last one I needed otherwise.

A CIB Shaq Fu sold on ebay about 3 or 4 months ago. It went for $85 best offer. I missed because I was out of town on business and away from a computer. I would have paid the $100 he wanted.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, you started me on this quest. I won that Big Gameboy lot from you on here and after seeing how cool the manuals looked I knew I had to go for a CIB set.

Also Balloonfight's cool "Game Boy Box Rarity List" thread got me wanting the super rare games.

So this is what I found this week 3 kind of rare and 2 Variants I needed:

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:02:13 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Hey I saw that TumblePop! Nice grab man.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tumble-Po...

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:27:59 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I actually think I have a spare Dick Tracy CIB if you have anything comparable for trade.
Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:53:00 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States

Dick Tracy
Felix the Cat
Jeopardy Teen Tournament
Jordan vs Bird
Tasmania Story
Universal Soldier
World Circuit Series

Niv Bible
Ninja Boy 2
Wayne's World

Shaq Fu

A CIB Shaq Fu sold on ebay about 3 or 4 months ago. It went for $85 best offer. I missed because I was out of town on business and away from a computer. I would have paid the $100 he wanted.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, you started me on this quest. I won that Big Gameboy lot from you on here and after seeing how cool the manuals looked I knew I had to go for a CIB set.

Also Balloonfight's cool "Game Boy Box Rarity List" thread got me wanting the super rare games.

So this is what I found this week 3 kind of rare and 2 Variants I needed.

Ok, since someone mentioned Shaq Fu, I'll share this....Yes, it's sealed

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:30:42 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California
Great pickups Jeff!

Udisi: God damnnn.