Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda: Skyward Sword The Silent Realm

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:57:07 AM
sconley666 (21)
(Sean C) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Does anybody else think that these parts of the game are a pain in the ass. And not in a challenging way that is good, just a downright pain?  Everytime I have gotten to one of these I get the "ah, shit." feeling.  It almost makes me want to just quit playing the game but I go ahead and do it anyway and then I am always relieved.  I guess I shouldn't bitch.  The game is awesome so of course there is a part that isn't my "favorite."

It could be worse....they could do something really off the wall that is a pain in the ass for real like a 3-day cycle or something, oh wait.   Sorry MM.

-------------------------

"Bionic Commando needs a jump button like Tetris needs a life bar." --cradelit

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:51:49 AM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
Is the silent realm those goddess challenges? Because those things are really annoying. The first one was like ahh cool this is neat. But then the second one i was just pissed off. Im not looking forward to the third.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:31:15 AM
N64ADL (12)
(ryan fowler) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia

i thought the first 3 silent realms were easy, last out of the 3 was the hardest but got it on the second try. havn't done the 4 one yet which is where im at in the game as of right now, so i can't really agree fully with you on this, i still think it adds a great challenge to the zelda series which it needs more challenge, this game fixes that in my opinion.

edit: you wil not like the thirds if you didn't like the second, and i have gotten to the 4th but i bet thats even harder than 3.

N64 All the way (except Final fantasy 3 on snes :)

Edited: 01/03/2012 at 05:48 AM by N64ADL

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:40:11 AM
gumgum14 (3)

New South Wales
THERES FOUR OF THEM!?

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:48:12 AM
N64ADL (12)
Virginia
yeah one in skyloft! who knew man! yeah thats where im at right now the 4th one, i havnt entered it yet so i dont know the difficulty yet only knows its gonna take me atleast 2 or 3 times if i failed once on the thrid.

Edited: 01/03/2012 at 05:49 AM by N64ADL

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:24:20 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I think they are a good change of pace action from the regular dungeon formula. Personally, I enjoyed the 1st / 4th ones and the 2nd / 3rd ones were the ones I found annoying. Skyloft should be pretty easy considering as much time as you spent there, not like the map has much to hide.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:30:55 AM
NintenJoe (13)
(Dubble Bro) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
I played for 5 hours yesterday (give or take) and when I got to the 2nd silent realm (in the desert) I had to take a break due to frustration. Knowing there are 4 doesn't make me wanna jump right back in but I have to agree they are an interesting change of pace.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:58:33 AM
galvatryne (119)
(david desgagne) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: DubbleJoe7

I played for 5 hours yesterday (give or take) and when I got to the 2nd silent realm (in the desert) I had to take a break due to frustration. Knowing there are 4 doesn't make me wanna jump right back in but I have to agree they are an interesting change of pace.

wait for the one in the volcano That one is a joy

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:33:43 AM
Kidr0cker (51)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
The volcano one was my least favorite one.. but overall I didn't really mind the silent realm

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:48:08 AM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Just a note on the fourth one... There is a tear on the top of the light tower, just to the right of the starting point... I made the mistake of going for it last. Once I had to go for it, I got spotted or something and it went in to freak out mode. I ran to the circle thing, but as soon as you step out of it the game starts freaking out again.

The one on top is being guarded by one of those things, and unless your flower thing is charged it's impossible to climb up that thing... since I didn't have any way to run around undetected I had to fail.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:03:39 AM
Kidr0cker (51)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
I actually made that one my last one.. It was close since 3/4 of the way up I got spotted.. But I made it thankfully..

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:25:16 PM
aleckermit (34)
(The OoT Guy) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
I totally DISAGREE with teh OP, the first silent realm was one of the highlights of the game for me, and I HATED the tear collecting in Twilight Princess. I think they did a great job making the silent realms intense, scary, and fun.

N64 NFR set completed:

http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

Need these items: Ocarina of Time Gold NFR (just has NFR sticker on backside), Ocarina of Time 3D E3 NFR.

http://www.youtube.com/aleckermit...

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:31:53 PM
sconley666 (21)
Michigan
I liked the first one. It was stressful but kind of neat. The second one almost had me in tears out of frustration. That's when I knew I was really playing a Zelda game! I am about to start the 3rd and have been dreading it to the point I haven't turned it back on! It scares me that there is a 4th.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:37:10 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
It's better than that annoying tear collecting of TP, well most of that game wasn't that hot...but I do agree with the op that I do not like this part of the game much at all. Ambiance is cool but it gets grating and downright infuriating at points and I've only done the first one...it was my first I hate this crap moment of the game, the only turn off making me want to turn it off. I finished the first one and parked it shortly after as it's hard for me to find time to play.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:28:46 AM
gumgum14 (3)

New South Wales
I love the game. But right now im at the minecart part and that was pissing me off so i turned it off. I tell ya, ive never played and zelda game and not say Fuck atleast 100000 times.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:51:56 AM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: gumgum14

I love the game. But right now im at the minecart part and that was pissing me off so i turned it off. 

I thought the minecart parts were easy!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the goddess trials/silent realm part. They were really fun. In all honesty, they were the hardest parts of the game. Now, what I did hate, were the dragon fetch quests. Namely the water and fire one. I didn't mind the earth one just because it was easy.

I can see how people will hate them, though. My main gripe was the fetch quests toward the end.

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:20:14 AM
sconley666 (21)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Tanooki

It's better than that annoying tear collecting of TP, well most of that game wasn't that hot...but I do agree with the op that I do not like this part of the game much at all. Ambiance is cool but it gets grating and downright infuriating at points and I've only done the first one...it was my first I hate this crap moment of the game, the only turn off making me want to turn it off. I finished the first one and parked it shortly after as it's hard for me to find time to play.

Tanooki, dude, THAT is what I was talking about.  The first one was the first time I got a case of the fuckits and made me not want to play it anymore.  Then the second time around was really bad.  Im on number  3 now and I am putting it off like it is some sort of chore.  The last time I felt this way about a zelda game, sadly I didn't even finish it, and that was Majora's Mask.  My saved game has been sitting on my cart untouched since 2000 (? release year, off the top of my head?)  I got a case of the fuckits and just never turned it back on.  I will start a new game and beat it someday but i am still recovering.

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:58:31 AM
N64ADL (12)
Virginia
Originally posted by: sconley666

Originally posted by: Tanooki

Tanooki, dude, THAT is what I was talking about.  The first one was the first time I got a case of the fuckits and made me not want to play it anymore.  Then the second time around was really bad.  Im on number  3 now and I am putting it off like it is some sort of chore.  The last time I felt this way about a zelda game, sadly I didn't even finish it, and that was Majora's Mask.  My saved game has been sitting on my cart untouched since 2000 (? release year, off the top of my head?)  I got a case of the fuckits and just never turned it back on.  I will start a new game and beat it someday but i am still recovering.

i felt the same way about majoras mask as well when i was a kid, but youll grow to love that painful challenge and youll learn to love it just as i have.  its groin pain that gives you a good feeling i guess, cant really think of a good metaphore for this.

Edited: 01/05/2012 at 07:58 AM by N64ADL