Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Retro Game Stores (Brick & Mortar) Post the ones near you!

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:05:05 AM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Nullface

Originally posted by: GCrites80s

I saw some pictures of the place and it certainly seemed that they were doing video games "on the side" which can be troublesome as compared to doing movies, Pokemon or records on the side.

I went again today and the prices were pretty high on basically everything, especially consoles (20-40% above eBay). Not sure why anyone would shop here that wasn't just trying to buy Mario games for a party or something. The employee was a younger guy wearing a Castlevania II shirt, but I really don't see the point of it existing. 

Game Swap at Florence Mall shut down after Xmas, so the main competitor is gone.

-------------------------

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:46:39 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Arizona: Fallout Games opened a new location in Mesa. It's right by where I work.  

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:24:25 PM
RetroRewired (41)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

Originally posted by: Nullface

I saw some pictures of the place and it certainly seemed that they were doing video games "on the side" which can be troublesome as compared to doing movies, Pokemon or records on the side.

I went again today and the prices were pretty high on basically everything, especially consoles (20-40% above eBay). Not sure why anyone would shop here that wasn't just trying to buy Mario games for a party or something. The employee was a younger guy wearing a Castlevania II shirt, but I really don't see the point of it existing. 

Game Swap at Florence Mall shut down after Xmas, so the main competitor is gone.

Absolutely abysmal trade-in values. They told me yesterday it would be 30% less than what they sell it for so I'm thinking that's weird but okay. I bring in a PS3 today (they sell for $130, same HD size) and they offer me $20 and I'm like no thanks and starts telling me how they have to make a profit blah blah. Totally avoid, I'm just picking up a bunch of broken stuff of them lately to repair so I was going to use the trade-in value to buy more consoles, but I guess I can jailbreak it in 5 minutes and throw it up on eBay for $150 instead.

I'm always on the hunt for broken disc-based consoles, PM me.
My eBay store: http://ebay.com/usr/nullmods

Edited: 06/29/2018 at 02:26 PM by RetroRewired

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:14:19 PM
4300 (0)
< Cherub >
Save Point in Westminster MD is no more.

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:30:48 AM
turbografx 17 (0)
< Little Mac >
d pad is a nice store it also has toys and thats cool because I can get back to collecting tmnt

Related image

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:10:49 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: turbo grafx 17

d pad is a nice store it also has toys and thats cool because I can get back to collecting tmnt

so you're in texas? update your profile  

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:12:09 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: 4300

that's really a shame. I'm from western MD. 

Jul 8, 2018 at 6:57:18 AM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Gaming Gators opened a location in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

5846 Drummond Road
Niagara Falls, Ontario
L2G4L5
Canada

Edited: 07/08/2018 at 06:58 AM by rdools

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:18:19 AM
4300 (0)
< Cherub >
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Originally posted by: 4300

that's really a shame. I'm from western MD. 

They were a good store. The best part was the dozen or so pins and selection of old arcade games you could play all day for ten bucks.

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:47:23 PM
RetroRewired (41)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Last post about Nostalgia Bazaar in Florence, KY. They are now selling fake or "reproduction" games, at insane prices. Terranigma for $50 for example. So if you're into overpriced counterfeit crap, be sure to check em out!

I'm always on the hunt for broken disc-based consoles, PM me.
My eBay store: http://ebay.com/usr/nullmods

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:06:38 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Gamers in Lincoln NE is down to one store.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:16:28 AM
Niku-Sama (0)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
Game STAR (not stars) in Medford Oregon is gone.
Some one might double check, they downsized a lot I heard, closed a lot of stores in the state

Guys runnin the company are ass hats any way

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:42:45 PM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Video Game World in NC, they have 4 locations now... saw them grow from 1. Prices 5-10% under eBay. Done a lot of business here. They are the best.

We also have Save Point Games, which is dried up lately. Fair prices.

Then Goodwill Electronics or whatever, which is Goodwill's used video game store that is "nice" with super marked up prices. I forget the name they use for it, used to be Goodwill Electronics where you could find some cool stuff.

sega-saturn.org - coming soon
a repository for retrospective articles and reviews on the Saturn.

Edited: 07/26/2018 at 06:44 PM by Muta

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:50:59 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: mutaxlock66

Pretty sure the owner is a member here:
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:57:55 PM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Yeah, I've went there for several years.
Last time I went, they were dried up and the staff didn't even know what an Action Replay Pro was for a Saturn (I went to Video Game World and they had 4 of them for 24.99$).
Their NES selection isn't bad. They have some good boxed SNES stuff time to time.
Again - someone could have came in and cleaned out their Saturn stuff. No boxed consoles aside from a NES that had a beat up box for 150$.
They also told me they didn't actually have a Saturn to test the games on, but I could bring it back if it didn't work. This was a little baffling. The drive is 30 minutes.
Never met their owner, know the owner of the other store (who is probably on here). Save Point used to have the X-Men Arcade cab - miss that guy.

Edited: 07/26/2018 at 07:03 PM by Muta

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:58:23 PM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Pretty sure the owner is a member here:
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Home&U...

Yep, that'd be him.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:19:41 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio

Last time I went, they were dried up and the staff didn't even know what an Action Replay Pro was for a Saturn (I went to Video Game World and they had 4 of them for 24.99$).
Their NES selection isn't bad. They have some good boxed SNES stuff time to time.
Again - someone could have came in and cleaned out their Saturn stuff. No boxed consoles aside from a NES that had a beat up box for 150$.
They also told me they didn't actually have a Saturn to test the games on, but I could bring it back if it didn't work. This was a little baffling. The drive is 30 minutes.
Never met their owner, know the owner of the other store (who is probably on here). Save Point used to have the X-Men Arcade cab - miss that guy.

Saturn just really isn't that important of a system to most stores, unfortunatley. Training time and resources are limited and a lot of times you have to focus on making sure the employees don't buy broken stuff or other garbage (this is where a massive amount of game store training efforts must be spent) before you can move on to niche systems such as Saturn and 3DO. A lot of prospective employees these days are simply too young to have any previous Saturn experience.

For example, 6th, 7th and 8th gen are positively full of booby traps that can bring stores to their knees by having all their money in broken, unsellable garbage or in the example of 8th gen, way too many copies of the same game that's losing its value extremely quickly. If you let them, people will try to sell you 10 copies of the same PS4 game in one week. Good luck getting rid of those before they are worth nothing when your customers only want GameCube. And they'll try to sell you 5 6th-7th-8th Gen systems without a working 1st party controller for each 1 that comes with one.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:43:14 AM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >

Saturn just really isn't that important of a system to most stores, unfortunatley. Training time and resources are limited and a lot of times you have to focus on making sure the employees don't buy broken stuff or other garbage (this is where a massive amount of game store training efforts must be spent) before you can move on to niche systems such as Saturn and 3DO. A lot of prospective employees these days are simply too young to have any previous Saturn experience.

For example, 6th, 7th and 8th gen are positively full of booby traps that can bring stores to their knees by having all their money in broken, unsellable garbage or in the example of 8th gen, way too many copies of the same game that's losing its value extremely quickly. If you let them, people will try to sell you 10 copies of the same PS4 game in one week. Good luck getting rid of those before they are worth nothing when your customers only want GameCube. And they'll try to sell you 5 6th-7th-8th Gen systems without a working 1st party controller for each 1 that comes with one.

Video Game World in comparison has almost every high-end CIB Saturn title in a glass case, along with Saturn imports... sells Turbografx 16 games... and keeps opening new stores. Who knows. Then again, this guy also goes and cleans out entire game stores going out of business in other states with cash and a U-Haul, then sorts through the crap after the fact. I also wouldn't put the Saturn in as niche of a category as the 3DO. Given, it did horrible in the US - but nothing like the 3DO. I don't think I've ever seen a 3DO game at a retro store in person now that I think about it, or I don't remember... and I have seen Save Point have good Saturn stuff. They were just cleaned out last trip. I definitely agree - it's hard to find new employees may know the Saturn as opposed to the PlayStation.

At this point I'm buying mostly for 360 and Saturn. I sold my NES/SNES collection a few years ago and it's hard to start over on those systems.

Edited: 07/27/2018 at 03:22 AM by Muta

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:13:50 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
I can add some info for Arkansas. Rogers - Game X Change, Bentonville - Game X Change, Springdale - Game X Change, Conway - Game Point & Game X Change, Alpena - Blast from the Past, Cabot - Stage 2 Games

Edited: 07/28/2018 at 08:16 PM by A_Feisty_Pickle

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:39:47 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
There's a new store in Flint, MI called Media Reloaded (right across the street from the Genesee County Mall on Miller Rd) that opened in April. I'm not a huge fan of them, their prices were alright but got into a little bit of an argument over them selling bootleg Pokemon GBA games for $30. Not only did they try to tell me that selling bootlegs isn't illegal, but they also tried to tell me it wasn't deceptive to try to pass it off as the real thing.

Other than that, it is a very clean store and had very good prices on DVDs (I bought a bunch). I just won't be going back to there after that experience.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 07/30/2018 at 11:40 AM by SNESNESCUBE64

Sep 5, 2018 at 6:59:16 PM
Yoshizard64 (35)
< Crack Trooper >
United States
More additions for Nevada:

Retro City Games - 6100 S Mountain Vista St #120, Henderson, NV 89014 - https://www.facebook.com/retrocit... - Pretty good store, large variety and fair prices. Just be aware the store is a bit cramped and dimly lit.
Darkside Games - 9620 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Suite N8, Las Vegas, NV 89123 - http://www.darksidegameslv.com/... - Nice clean small store, decent variety and fair prices. Also deals with Magic and Pokemon cards.
Grand Line Games - 3281 N Decatur Blvd #240, Las Vegas, NV 89130 - http://www.grandlinegames.vegas/... - Haven't checked out yet

Edited: 09/05/2018 at 07:04 PM by Yoshizard64

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:13:20 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
re sticky

Oct 1, 2018 at 4:19:43 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
You can cross off Gamers in Nebraska cuz they are gonzo.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:50:56 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Retro age in Tallahassee is gone.

You can add :
"super secret bonus level" - Tallahassee FL
2nd and Charles - Dothan AL

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:42:41 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
you can add:

Back to the Media - Winchester, VA www.facebook.com/backtothemedia... They also sell online at www.backtothemedia.com...

You can also remove Back to the Media from the Pennsylvania category as they relocated to the Virginia location above.

Also Press Start Games in Front Royal and Winchester are both gone as the company went out of business a couple years ago.

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Edited: 11/08/2018 at 01:49 PM by Parpunk