Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Need help: for all of you 3ds/ds collectors, how rare is Deer Drive Legends for the 3ds?

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:41:34 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
I have looked on ebay and seen that there are very few listings but the ones that are listed are high dollar. At the same time pricecharting has the game listed at about $10 loose, although the latest sale went for $19.99.

Is this a colectible game that people are looking for? Or what.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:28:17 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
I'm a fairly *ahem* "serious" DS/3DS collector, and I've never heard of this game. Sometimes people on eBay will dummy-test the waters by throwing a game up for an outlandish price, in the hopes of creating some hype for the game that may actually result in a sale. Doesn't sound like the kind of game that players would be clamouring over, but hey, Stadium Events is also a thing.

-------------------------
www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:29:25 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
I don't think this is an incredibly rare game. 5 copies on eBay and 7 on Amazon right now. Is it common? Probably not, but it's not super rare like say shepherds crossing 2 on the DS.

I too haven't heard of this game, nor do I have any desire to own it.

I'll add that threads like these tend to jack up the price. I would not be surprised if this one jumps briefly, the copies go off of eBay and Amazon, then more people try to sell them, turns out it's not as rare as people speculated, and the price goes back down.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:51:04 PM
PapaStu (6)
(Stu McStuerton) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
As someone who's got a 'current every physically US released 3DS game' set, it's uncommon, but not in demand. My list shows I bought mine used for like 7 bucks. It's from one of the smaller publishers (Maximum games) so that never hurts the uncommon factor, but doesn't doesn't always drive value either.

Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:16:35 AM
Twisted (0)

< Little Mac >
United States
PapaStu..that's my wet dream to have a COMPLETE NTSC 3DS game set..something i think is a pie in the sky idea for me!...i'm very impressed that you mentioned you have an up to date complete collection thus far..i would be thrilled!!   if you can show me a picture of what that collection looks like, if you have it organized in a shelf? etc...i have 160 3DS games right now..some duplicates...how many do you have in total?..i have no clue what the quantity amount released so far?..i would love to hear some insight from you PapaStu!!   as i'm a HUGE 3DS game fan!

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:13:13 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: yukfou

I don't think this is an incredibly rare game. 5 copies on eBay and 7 on Amazon right now. Is it common? Probably not, but it's not super rare like say shepherds crossing 2 on the DS.

I'll add that threads like these tend to jack up the price. I would not be surprised if this one jumps briefly, the copies go off of eBay and Amazon, then more people try to sell them, turns out it's not as rare as people speculated, and the price goes back down.

That's the "NA effect" for you. I remember once D~Funk started up a thread talking about how great Wild West DS and Underwater Attack are (two cheap DS games), and the next day those two completely unrelated games were for sale in a 2-game package on eBay for like $120. Too funny.

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:18:22 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Quaze

That's the "NA effect" for you. I remember once D~Funk started up a thread talking about how great Wild West DS and Underwater Attack are (two cheap DS games), and the next day those two completely unrelated games were for sale in a 2-game package on eBay for like $120. Too funny.

Yeah, that was funny! I think they've since calmed down. Remember the same thing happening with Barnyard Blast and i don't even know when Hoppie blew up. That one is bananas!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 12/17/2018 at 10:24 AM by D~Funk

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:23:33 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Yeah, that was funny! I think they've since calmed down. Remember the same thing happening with Barnyard Blast and i don't even know when Hoppie blew up. That one is bananas!

Yeah man, your thread on Barnyard Blast set me back from finding a copy for a decent price for months! I remember when I finally found one it was like a big victory for finding this $10 game for about $20.

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:25:13 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon

Yeah man, your thread on Barnyard Blast set me back from finding a copy for a decent price for months! I remember when I finally found one it was like a big victory for finding this $10 game for about $20.

Lol, sorry yo!   Seems like prices on that have mellowed out as well. I think Freedom Wings and Mini RC Rally are the next to blow up! Go Go Go! Hype! Hershterg NA Effect!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:30:08 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Lol, sorry yo!   Seems like prices on that have mellowed out as well. I think Freedom Wings and Mini RC Rally are the next to blow up! Go Go Go! Hype! Hershterg NA Effect!

I actually do know the next two to seriously take a huge leap, I hate to say something this lame, but I can't even mention them here or they might just skyrocket before I get them. Only maybe 3-4 games left I'd like to snag for the DS.

Now that I have a copy, DRAGLADE is rare Atlus game, an actual good game, and totally slept on! Go jack that one up to $300 ya bastards!

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:16:35 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Lol very true. It unintentionally happened when I made a thread here about how good drone tactics on the DS is. Took a little while for the NA effect to kick in, but boy has that jumped since I got my loose copy at GameStop for $2 years ago.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...