Feb 6, 2017 at 5:34:10 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: RetroReploid

Originally posted by: yukfou

Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Unbelievable. Even if you hate the pats, you have to admit that was an insane comeback.

Greatest comeback of all-time. Congrats. I feel so bad for those fans in Atlanta but they had all the chances to put it away. Unfortunately they gave chances to the greatest QB of all-time.

*Greatest Super Bowl comeback. The Eagles scoring 4tds in 8 and a half minutes in the 4th quarter against the Giants is the greatest football comeback. The greatest sports comeback ever might be Texas A&M coming back when they were down 12pts against UNI in the March madness basketball tournament with 44 seconds to go in the game. 

I think the context makes it the greatest comeback of all-time. I don't think that Eagles comeback was even close.

edit: and I was talking nfl

The eagles had less time to make a comeback and were down by more points. The patriots comeback was no doubt a great one. You could also make the argument that the cavs and cubs' comebacks were better because they were each down 3-1 in their championship series and had to win 3 games in a row, not just 1.

-------------------------
My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:38:39 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

The eagles had less time to make a comeback and were down by more points. The patriots comeback was no doubt a great one. You could also make the argument that the cavs and cubs' comebacks were better because they were each down 3-1 in their championship series and had to win 3 games in a row, not just 1.
Correct me if i am wrong but....the Pats were down 25 whole points in the third after the first half. The eagles at the most were down 24-3 at the half and then 31-10 in the third quarter. That at most is 21 points. How is that down more points than the pats 25?

gamevaluenow

Edited: 02/06/2017 at 05:42 PM by xMaGuSx

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:10:14 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Correct me if i am wrong but....the Pats were down 25 whole points in the third after the first half. The eagles at the most were down 24-3 at the half and then 31-10 in the third quarter. That at most is 21 points. How is that down more points than the pats 25?

It's been a long past 24hrs haha. You're right, bigger deficit but the pats were only down 19 entering the 4th quarter. Eagles were down 21 with 8 and a half minutes left to play. And the eagles didn't even need to go to OT. They won on the last punt as time expired. So the eagles scored 28 points in 8 and a half minutes to win their game. Both are absolutely amazing comebacks. I rank the Texas A&M comeback at the top though. Im surprised no major news sources are mentioning that one.

My WTB thread

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:12:51 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Great comeback. But, there is a little recency bias here. The greatest comeback was Buffalo coming back and beating Houston, down 35-3 in the 3rd quarter, in the playoffs. Just my two cents.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:14:44 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >
What a way to let everyone down Atlanta and let the Kardashians of the NFL comeback and win another Super Bowl.

Games I'm Trying To Complete

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:18:51 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

Great comeback. But, there is a little recency bias here. The greatest comeback was Buffalo coming back and beating Houston, down 35-3 in the 3rd quarter, in the playoffs. Just my two cents.

It's up there but the bills were only down 4 going into the 4th. The greatest comebacks imo are the ones where you score the most points in the least amount of time towards the end of a game. 5 points in 5 seconds just to force OT in a game 6 is also ridiculously impressive

My WTB thread

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:51:59 PM
Nathan Dunsmore (0)
< Crack Trooper >
The Monday Night Miracle, anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon...)

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:20:06 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
How much were the Colts trailing by against the Chiefs in the opening round 3 years ago? I want to say 41 to 14 and that was another crazy comeback where I couldn't believe my eyes. But regardless of all the arguments, doing it on the biggest stage ever gives it a huge bump. Offsets the biggest loss in SB history when they couldn't go 19 and 0  

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:39:22 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

It's up there but the bills were only down 4 going into the 4th. The greatest comebacks imo are the ones where you score the most points in the least amount of time towards the end of a game. 5 points in 5 seconds just to force OT in a game 6 is also ridiculously impressive

None of those games matter as much as the Super Bowl. A comeback win of 10 points in the Super Bowl carries more weight than 20 in the playoffs or a comeback of 30 in the regular season. In 2014 the Browns came back 25 points in a regular season game but who cares or remembers? It was during the regular season and it certainly didn't get them anywhere. 

The Bills comeback would have meant more had they won the big game afterwards. Just like the 1980 Winter Olympics Miracle on ice wouldn't have meant as much had they lost the following game and walked away with the silver. 

I'd say the Bills comeback WAS the greatest comeback but many have already forgotten it. No one who saw this Super Bowl will ever forget it. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:29:16 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: Buyatari

None of those games matter as much as the Super Bowl. A comeback win of 10 points in the Super Bowl carries more weight than 20 in the playoffs or a comeback of 30 in the regular season. In 2014 the Browns came back 25 points in a regular season game but who cares or remembers? It was during the regular season and it certainly didn't get them anywhere. 

The Bills comeback would have meant more had they won the big game afterwards. Just like the 1980 Winter Olympics Miracle on ice wouldn't have meant as much had they lost the following game and walked away with the silver. 

I'd say the Bills comeback WAS the greatest comeback but many have already forgotten it. No one who saw this Super Bowl will ever forget it. 

The patriots comeback is the best superbowl comeback for sure, but that's about it. You can make the argument for several other championship comebacks in other sports that they're better than the pats' comeback. Also, I find it interesting that we put more value on comebacks in games that mean more. Isn't a comeback a comeback regardless of the stakes of the game? It's just interesting how we rank stuff and what we consider to be most important.

My WTB thread

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:42:40 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
The argument it has going for it, is that in the Superbowl, you have the 2 best teams. It's not regular season where you can beat up a shitty team like the Browns and score 25 at will. Both the Falcons and Patriots were significantly better than the other teams in the conference.

I can't stand the Patriots, but what they did last night was pretty much the biggest come back in NFL history.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:17:06 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
The real question is whether there has been a better single-game comeback that decided a championship. I can't recall one.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:09:36 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Buyatari

The patriots comeback is the best superbowl comeback for sure, but that's about it. You can make the argument for several other championship comebacks in other sports that they're better than the pats' comeback. Also, I find it interesting that we put more value on comebacks in games that mean more. Isn't a comeback a comeback regardless of the stakes of the game? It's just interesting how we rank stuff and what we consider to be most important.

If it is best Super Bowl comeback then it is the best football comeback. The Super Bowl is the only game that counts. The rest is a big long pre-season.

Of course we put more value on games that mean something. Because they mean something.If it is a meaningless game the events in that game mean less.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:42:03 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

The real question is whether there has been a better single-game comeback that decided a championship. I can't recall one.

The only thing that comes to mind was when the Heat took game 6 in the Finals (to ultimately win it all) against the Spurs a few years back - that was some jaw dropping amazing shit too.  Half the Heat fans left the building and then weren't allowed back in  

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:57:00 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

The only thing that comes to mind was when the Heat took game 6 in the Finals (to ultimately win it all) against the Spurs a few years back - that was some jaw dropping amazing shit too.  Half the Heat fans left the building and then weren't allowed back in  

Half? It was a massive crowd that left theur seats and headed to the exits. I wonder if there ever was an official count.  

The interviews of some fans that were season ticket holders going bonkers over not being let back in were entertaining.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:59:57 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
The thing about a comeback is that you had to play pretty badly to put yourself in that position in the first place. Just saying  

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:38:26 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Did I go to a Super Bowl Party? YES
Did I watch the Super Bowl? Nope! I was too far into the 40 jello shots I did that night...

Was I happy the Patriots won? HELL YEAH

I love it when Tom Brady wins and the haters act like WTF?.. He's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and Well it's nice when he just wins...

JELLO SHOTS for the win!

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:15:04 AM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
That was the most Atlanta-esque thing I have ever witnessed.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:23:31 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia

Remember when the Blackhawks scored twice in 17 seconds?

Maybe not the best comeback ever, but just wanted to bring it up  

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:53:48 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: empire

Remember when the Blackhawks scored twice in 17 seconds? Maybe not the best comeback ever, but just wanted to bring it up  
No, but I remember when Tracy McGrady scored 13 points in 35 seconds on a Thursday night to comeback and beat the then-champion Spurs.  That's 4 3 pointers, one of which was an and 1.  Most amazing athletic performance I've ever watched on live TV by far.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:04:40 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States

Remember when the Blackhawks scored twice in 17 seconds? Maybe not the best comeback ever, but just wanted to bring it up  

Such a good way to clinch the cup. Fuck the Bruins! *sigh* this Hawks team is a shell of its former self.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:08:05 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia

Such a good way to clinch the cup. Fuck the Bruins! *sigh* this Hawks team is a shell of its former self.

Once you have 2 players making 20M, you're done. Can't blame the players for taking the money, but it just crippled the team moving forward.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:26:40 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: jonebone

No, but I remember when Tracy McGrady scored 13 points in 35 seconds on a Thursday night to comeback and beat the then-champion Spurs.  That's 4 3 pointers, one of which was an and 1.  Most amazing athletic performance I've ever watched on live TV by far.

Yup. I remember it well. Was doing a school assignment on the family computer. The game was over, then with each 3 made i focused less and less on the assignment lol

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:33:03 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

I do! It was almost as amazing as the time the Bruins came back from 4-1 with 8 minutes left in game 7 against the Maple Leafs.