Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Did I get Duped? What is this worth? Think I got a Fake here but is it worth anything?

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:17:30 PM
CynicalJedi (41)
< Crack Trooper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

100% fake. Bullshit solder job on those chips.

I agree it's fake but I do have a question... Where are the wires? I've made my own repros before and have always had to re-write the EPROM to match the pinout of the NES MASK roms. What am I missing here?

-------------------------

NES Wanted List (4 to go for a licensed set!)
N64 Wanted List
Things for Trade

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:33:29 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: CynicalJedi

I agree it's fake but I do have a question... Where are the wires? I've made my own repros before and have always had to re-write the EPROM to match the pinout of the NES MASK roms. What am I missing here?

the pins are bent inward and the wires are sandwiched between the board and the chip

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:38:52 PM
CynicalJedi (41)
< Crack Trooper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Originally posted by: CynicalJedi

the pins are bent inward and the wires are sandwiched between the board and the chip

Thanks for the info!

NES Wanted List (4 to go for a licensed set!)
N64 Wanted List
Things for Trade

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:46:07 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Doc Transit

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

I'd like to make a request to the OP.

If you are granted the request, could you please work out for 15-20 mins after a work day in the underware you slept in the night before and just let your boys rest on the cart for 35 to 45 mins. Get that grease on there and like the funk let set in. Then when the seller opens the package, the smell will be faint and the grease will be jelled but he'll know. He wont wana know, but he'll know.

That is far too decripitive to have been made up... I lol'd

I know nothing!

VideoGameSage.com

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:23:51 PM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina
Fake, bro.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:56:47 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
i'll tell ya what it's worth ... it's worth getting mad about ... don't stand for this kind of shenanigan ... file a claim stat

They call me big Papa ....

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:55:23 AM
Dommie (9)
(Dommie C.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: cverz2

Originally posted by: smacku911

Dude ebay will give you the refund . Im telling you i've had people send back games with nothing wrong with them and Ebay made me give a refund. I even sell Nintendo's and stress for them to keep the games clean before putting them in . Had a person send it back prob because they got their fill of playing it and wanted the money back . Well when i get a refund i check all the games and the nintendo for my marks. All Nintendo games where dirty and there for cancelled my guarantee Right ...
Wrong ...Even tho i told them in the listing that only clean games can be put into the system or the guarantee will be void ebay still made me refund the money . I have no problem refunding someone if the reason is right but ebay is hardcore with refunds. and if you dont' refund it they will over draft your bank account or paypal account to refund a buyer ... don't keep that crap . get your money back bro..

this guy is right.  Ebay is hardcore.  the buyer can pretty much say anything and they will get their money back

There's been a few guys that either almost got boned on their refund or did indeed get boned because the seller claimed they either tampered with or broke the game by opening it.

So definitely file your claim and get your money back, but just emphasize the fake label for the fact that it's a counterfeit.

I would be one of those guys.  I received a fake Earthbound, took pics of the board, and complained to the seller.  The seller started raising a stink that I "broke" his cherished game.  Ebay then declined to refund because they stated the game was in different condition than it was sent.  I imagine the seller claimed I "broke" it in his response to the ebay claim and used my own pics of the board to "prove" it.

I eventually got refunded when my bank filed a reversal of payment and Paypal decided to side with me and let the reversal stand.  So all eventually ended well.

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:19:37 PM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
This seems odd to me. I don't know anybody who would be cool with getting scammed for $200 when getting your money back is so simple.