Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Walking Dead Show and Comics Discussion SPOILERS PRESENT!!!

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:29:42 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Trj22487

It's also pretty weird that absolutely nobody seems to have a cell phone or digital camera anymore. You could be charging a phone with car chargers and filling it up with photos and videos for years. You'd think that never knowing how much longer people are going to be living, you'd like to take a few photos or videos of them, even if you don't have any way to send or print them. I guess nobody had a iPhone in this reality either.

Is this in reference to the show or the comic? If it was in reference to the comic, i would say that's most likely because in 2003 when it came out, cell phones and digital cameras weren't as big as they are now. Maybe the show takes place in the same time frame?

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:36:37 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California

Haha my posts are in jest. But I think there absolutely would still be people carrying around their phones to capture stuff. Why would you not want something to remember people that might not be around much longer by? I mean particularly at the start of the series there would have been tons of people videotaping the hoards of walkers like goons.

with the lack of cellphones in this show it's like - the series is taking place in 89-early 90s

don't think i've seen any of them with a digital cam taking pics of the group but then batteries would run out.... (even though theirs a way to recharge em)

of all the places theyve been to, i think a polaroid cam wouldve been found by now...

-------------------------

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:54:44 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: quest4nes

It's also pretty weird that absolutely nobody seems to have a cell phone or digital camera anymore. You could be charging a phone with car chargers and filling it up with photos and videos for years. You'd think that never knowing how much longer people are going to be living, you'd like to take a few photos or videos of them, even if you don't have any way to send or print them. I guess nobody had a iPhone in this reality either.

sounds like a waste of resources when trying to survive. Its been years. I dont think they want to remember this.

It's still under 2 years at this point. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki...

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:02:50 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Lincoln

sounds like a waste of resources when trying to survive. Its been years. I dont think they want to remember this.

It's still under 2 years at this point. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

I mean how does that site truly know though. Doesnt feel like it at all. If its less than 2 years it just doesnt feel like thats enough time for all this to happen. Other than lori's pregnancy to track time then do we really know the days? they just assume a new episode is the next day?
 It just assumes it took 16 days from them to get to virginia in the last episode on tv? where do they get this info?

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 09:06 PM by quest4nes

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:26:44 PM
wesofthedead (2)
(wes arszyla) < Meka Chicken >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: punkr13

sorry guys did the edit... >.<

idk, ive read some of the early comics, im currently reading the series since 'all out war' story arc
and my curiosity + google + wiki walking dead comics is just a cheat sheet of what should come

the thing is that the comics/tv are totally different
its like i couldn't pin-point what issue the TV show is currently at

blah sorry again for that kinda spoiler....

Without ruining anything for anyone who didn't read the comics, id say it's right after the fear the hunters arc and on the road to dc. What's that, in 70s or somthin. Gareth and the terminus people were totally the shows version of the hunters which was pretty cool, and the whole Beth storyline was just new tv show filler stuff.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:35:06 PM
wesofthedead (2)
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Lincoln

It's still under 2 years at this point. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

That wiki doesn't seem acurate at all, I'm sure kirkman has answered this question somewhere in the letter hacks of the comic. But who knows, the only real way to tell is by the change of the seasons and I guess the growth rate of Judith, she seems to be like a year old at this point. It's funny to think at this point in the comic even less time has passed lol

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:30:02 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
The aging of Chandler Riggs makes the 2 years thing really hard to swallow. He very obviously looks 5 years older.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:08:28 PM
wesofthedead (2)
Connecticut
I love that science dog shirt he wore in season 1

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:06:54 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
****spoilers****

Basically this is for ppl that watching the show and have some comic knowledge.

**** skip the following ****

Ok, so with this last episode we see glen pick up a bat, do you guys think this is a sign of the next major villain for the gang?

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:06:25 AM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
I stopped regularly watching when T-Dawg died, he was my favorite. I figured they would give tyrese a better death than that, I mean how do you not hear one of those zombies coming up behind you. I knew he was gonna die when they started the episode and spent way too much time with artsy fartsy BS. How many times do they cut to a picture with blood dripping on it or railroad tracks?? Between that and the commercials I think there was 5 mins of action in the episode. Merle gets an honorable mention too, they shouldnt have killed him off. Glad that Andrea is gone though and I wish Carl would be next but I have a feeling probably the priest or Glenn will get it before the season is over.

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:21:26 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire

****spoilers****

Ok, so with this last episode we see glen pick up a bat, do you guys think this is a sign of the next major villain for the gang?

Probably not, if you saw the episode of @midnight with Chris Hardwick with Robert Kirkman, Lauren Cohan and Josh McDermitt as the panalists, during one segment Kirkman says as a punchline "A new character named is about to come and kill Glen with a bat named named Lucille!" and after the audience went crazy Kirkman mugged to the camera and said "What!? It's a comedy show!"

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:02:48 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland

****spoilers****

First thing i thought of.

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:51:08 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Sooooooo

Alexandria is next, guess it will be a backstory season with a big intro for a villain at the end

What did you guys think of this weeks ep?

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:59:27 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
I thought it was a good episode and can't wait to see how they handle Alexandria on the show. I feel like there could have been a little bit of foreshadowing in the episode based on a comment Aaron made. For those who haven't read the comics or don't want to know what could be in store for the survivors on the show, I recommend not reading any further. Below contains potential spoilery info:

When talking about the doctor that resides in Alexandria, he said something along the lines of the doctor being a really good surgeon. Anyone who has read that far into the comics knows that a certain character sustains a pretty serious injury. I could see the season 5 finale ending with this injury and the show runners saving Negan for season 6.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:13:53 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
I downloaded season 1-4 last week and i'm on the season 4 mid season finale.

The Governor is a prick, can't wait until he goes down.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:10:18 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

I thought it was a good episode and can't wait to see how they handle Alexandria on the show. I feel like there could have been a little bit of foreshadowing in the episode based on a comment Aaron made. For those who haven't read the comics or don't want to know what could be in store for the survivors on the show, I recommend not reading any further. Below contains potential spoilery info:

When talking about the doctor that resides in Alexandria, he said something along the lines of the doctor being a really good surgeon. Anyone who has read that far into the comics knows that a certain character sustains a pretty serious injury. I could see the season 5 finale ending with this injury and the show runners saving Negan for season 6.

Yeah, in all honesty I can see them ending season six with (again spoilers if you haven't read the comic)
Negan and Glen (or whoever they want to slot in Glen's spot, since the show has a habit of changing things) meeting his end via Lucile.

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18:10 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
So they are in on episode 62 now, and then in the comics at this point they are around issue 67-68. So i wouldn't expect to see Negan until season 7.

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:25:01 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
depending on how fast they progress through the next couple arcs, I could see Negan debuting at the end of Season 6 or sometime during the first half of season 7 with Glen's death coming at the midseason finale of 7 (since they like to have big moments at the midseason and season finales)

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:28:40 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Yeah i think it's more likely that negan will show up at the end of next season, and possibly be seeing a lot of foreshadowing about him before he actually shows up.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:23:41 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Yeah - should be a build up to him/chaos/ end with death
Good thing is that their should be new cast members now ( the couple Aaron Eric + others )

Morgan has to show up too

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:36:59 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Am i crazy to think i remember seeing a teaser with Morgan in it? From this season i mean.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:40:33 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Yeah - I thought I saw something too
I know he's been following them, cuz they showed him looking at terminus/church map

So maybe some episode filler with him

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:58:22 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
So carol is totally playing the game this season, hopefully the kid doesn't look at her baking flour
Chaos is going to happen with these last episodes , it's a build

More ppl will be joining the core group and of course ppl in Alexandria will die.

Now we got some 'Wolves' coming too

Also Sasha is f'ing losing it

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:30:22 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Morgan will end up saving the gang, you just know shit will go sideways in Alexandria. Only a few episodes from the season finale, he'll probably show up then.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:55:39 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
My roommate is calling it that the Rick and the gang are going to be the ones to fuck things up this time around. Pretty much every situation up until now everyone else has been the bad guys. Now they find what looks like an actually decent community and Carol is stealing guns and threatening kids and Rick is gonna try to bang that cute blond gal and shit is gonna go down. After last night I'm pretty on board with that theory.

I could not give less of a shit about Sasha. She has no personality other than "difficult". Wish she would just get killed. They should have let her go a few eps back when they were pushing zombies down the hill and she ran into the crowd like a total dipshit.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion