Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ranking the MCU As Endgame looms, thought it would be fun to chat about favorites.

May 21 at 12:57:50 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
That scene was cringy to me. Not quite as cringy as the no doubt captain marvel scene though.

Is it bad that i cheered in my head when thanos used the power stone to bash the hell out of captain marvel. I was watching snd was like what the heck she can hold back his hand from snapping.  She is way too overpowering. Give me a break. Then power stone booooom. I was happy lol.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/21/2019 at 12:58 PM by quest4nes

May 21 at 4:42:37 PM
ForDarkseid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: CaliforniaGamingSD

Talk to me when you make a single deal with someone troll.

I honestly didn't mean your corny agenda, I meant hollywood's. Reading it back, it sounds bad, I apologize.

Jun 20 at 10:20:52 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I have been trying to catch up on all the MCU movies lately. I haven't seen them all yet but almost there. I wanted to share my ranking so far which I guarantee is different from anyone else's.

(Best to Worst)

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: Civil War
Ant-Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Ant-Man and the Wasp
The Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
Thor
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Black Panther
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Incredible Hulk

It kills me that I had to put Hulk last because he's my 2nd favorite Avenger after Spider-Man and in my top 5 super heroes of all time. I'm a Spider-Man fanboy so by default he's first. I cannot wait for Far From Home. I still have yet to see Thor: Ragnarok, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Avengers: Endgame.

Jun 20 at 10:19:52 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here:

Wonder Woman > Black Panther

I'm comparing the two because those were the last two "super hero" movies I watched. Watched black Panther and.... yeah, pretty boring. 

Watched Wonder Woman. And YOWIE WOWIE. I'll also say this:

Gal Gadot my god.

To the OP. This has inspired me to watch a few more of these. I watched Avengers: Infinity War on a whim and kind of liked it. Since I hadn't seen Black Panther, I thought I'd give it a chance... How wrong I was.

I wasn't a fan of the explosion of all the movies just so they could make The Avengers... And I didn't like the first Avengers, or any of the Captain America's. I also didn't like Thor: Ragnarok, or Guardians of The Galaxy. Dear god, Spider-Man Homecoming was AWFUL.

But I liked a few that would be considered part of the MCU...

I liked the first Ant-Man, thought that was neat (second was awful, though, kind of killed it).... I was okay with Iron Man, but all the hype and more movies were lost on me.

I LOVED Dr Strange. I thought that whole movie was cool as fuck. 

Then... I actually did like Avengers: Infinity War (Despite the unfathomable spoilers from Mark Ruffalo). Because of Gal Gadot *coughs* Wonder Woman, I think I'll probably watch Justice League.... despite how god awful the newest Batman (v. Superman??) was, I don't even know the name. I think I've tried to erase it from memory.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 06/20/2019 at 10:24 PM by AirVillain

Jul 19 at 6:36:16 AM
WalterWhiteJr. (29)
(Frank ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts
Updating to see where people would rank the new Spider-Man.

Jul 19 at 8:58:06 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Dear god, Spider-Man Homecoming was AWFUL.

Wow... that is definitely a contender for "unpopular opinion" if I ever saw one  

Michael Keaton made a great villain, and it was probably the coolest representation of The Vulture that has ever been done.

And having Spiderman (and his villains) exist in a story world where Stark-tech and alien-tech are somewhat prevalent really helps with the suspension of disbelief with the types of characters he deals with (Mysterio in the new movie is a fantastic example that just couldn't have been done well back in the Sam Raimi Spiderman days)

Jul 19 at 8:59:31 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: WalterWhiteJr.

Updating to see where people would rank the new Spider-Man.
Definitely in my top 5.  I've been waiting for Mysterio on the big screen since the first Sam Raimi Spiderman movie came out.

Jul 19 at 4:28:27 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

That whole string of movie he listed were all the best ones. Mental note, " do the opposite of what air villain recommends"

Guardians of the galaxy
Spiderman homecoming
captain america civl war
thor ragnorak

Those were basically the best ones.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/19/2019 at 04:29 PM by quest4nes

Jul 19 at 9:24:23 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
I can't be bothered to rank them all but Captain Marvel is easily the worst, just fucking boring and so easily predictable.  Also anything with that cat was just horrendous, especially the Nick Fury scene near the end, just fucking stupid beyond words.

Infinity War was probably as good as it got for these Marvel movies.  Too bad Endgame, while pretty good, didn't quite live up to it.

Edited: 07/19/2019 at 09:28 PM by pegboy

Jul 21 at 9:44:06 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: AirVillain

That whole string of movie he listed were all the best ones. Mental note, " do the opposite of what air villain recommends"

Guardians of the galaxy
Spiderman homecoming
captain america civl war
thor ragnorak

Really? Me and my buddy thought it was lame. Haha, the sample size there is pretty small and quite subjective. 

Anyways, I fell asleep and didn't actually watch the whole thing, haha. Apparently only 25-30%    Didn't even know Michael Keaton was in it, hahahaha. That's a crime because MK is cool as hell.

I hated it (before I fell asleep) because of how much Peter Parker was trying to be cool for Tony Stark. 

It was like, holy shit, settle down kid, relax. I just wanted it to be a more "standalone" Spiderman movie and was a little annoyed at how much it was used to introduce this new actor kid as Spiderman so they could put him in all the Avengers movies and blah blah blah. 

I could have used Tony Stark and Avengers not being apart of it at all. Thus, I hated it. 

But when I watched Avengers Infinity War one of my favourite parts was the Stark-tech spiderman suit, that was cool as hell and made me want to watch the newer spiderman more. 

But your comments have made me want to rewatch this one we speak of. I'll now judge it less on how much TS is involved. It's now on the "the list". Will report back. 

To Quest, haha... Those movies I "didn't like" also were characters/comics that I never cared about. 

That list... Guardians Galaxy was too goofy (maybe that's the draw?) and Thor Ragnarok annoyed me because Thor was too jokey to start the movie? I dunno... not a big fan of that actor. And Captain America... meh.

So the fact that I didn't care about the characters didn't help the chances of me actually liking the movie... surprising I even bothered giving them a chance, really. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 07/21/2019 at 09:53 AM by AirVillain

Jul 21 at 6:19:26 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: AirVillain

Guardians of the galaxy
Spiderman homecoming
captain america civl war
thor ragnorak

Really? Me and my buddy thought it was lame. Haha, the sample size there is pretty small and quite subjective. 

Anyways, I fell asleep and didn't actually watch the whole thing, haha. Apparently only 25-30%    Didn't even know Michael Keaton was in it, hahahaha. That's a crime because MK is cool as hell.

I hated it (before I fell asleep) because of how much Peter Parker was trying to be cool for Tony Stark. 

It was like, holy shit, settle down kid, relax. I just wanted it to be a more "standalone" Spiderman movie and was a little annoyed at how much it was used to introduce this new actor kid as Spiderman so they could put him in all the Avengers movies and blah blah blah. 

I could have used Tony Stark and Avengers not being apart of it at all. Thus, I hated it. 

But when I watched Avengers Infinity War one of my favourite parts was the Stark-tech spiderman suit, that was cool as hell and made me want to watch the newer spiderman more. 

But your comments have made me want to rewatch this one we speak of. I'll now judge it less on how much TS is involved. It's now on the "the list". Will report back. 

To Quest, haha... Those movies I "didn't like" also were characters/comics that I never cared about. 

That list... Guardians Galaxy was too goofy (maybe that's the draw?) and Thor Ragnarok annoyed me because Thor was too jokey to start the movie? I dunno... not a big fan of that actor. And Captain America... meh.

So the fact that I didn't care about the characters didn't help the chances of me actually liking the movie... surprising I even bothered giving them a chance, really. 

captain america civl war was great. It was basically an avengers film. 

The others were really good. I dont read comics dude. I had no clue who the guardians even were. You dont have to care about the comic characters to like the movies. 

Im not saying all the marvel films were great. But the ones you listed were the some of the best ones besides end game and infinity war.

Why would you want another by itself spiderman series? we have had that several times. Tony Stark was overall probably the best character and entertaining in the whole MCU movie set up. Made the spiderman movie better. 

We just have entirely polar opposite opinions. Feels like your opinions on hating them are the reasons people liked those films.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 23 at 1:52:00 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

captain america civl war was great. It was basically an avengers film. 

The others were really good. I dont read comics dude. I had no clue who the guardians even were. You dont have to care about the comic characters to like the movies. 

Im not saying all the marvel films were great. But the ones you listed were the some of the best ones besides end game and infinity war.

Why would you want another by itself spiderman series? we have had that several times. Tony Stark was overall probably the best character and entertaining in the whole MCU movie set up. Made the spiderman movie better. 

We just have entirely polar opposite opinions. Feels like your opinions on hating them are the reasons people liked those films.

This is not really lost on me. I'm not a fan of the mainstream and cookie cutter films in general... which these seem to cater to "mainstream america". Aside from The Wizard    

I mean... these movies have essentially defined that descrption, haha. 

I just wanted them not to make movies jsut as an excude to introduce them into the Avengers series. But hey... movie studios like making money.

I can admit even in the movies i listed there's comes cool shit and probably lots I missed.

As I said, I will be happily returing to Spiderman with a new outlook and won't shit on it for Tony Stark being so involved. 

Also... here's a big point about my perspective....I WISH a comic book movie would be serious and not have so much joking and "funny" scenes. 

I want it to be serious and more for adults. This is my dream for TMNT. I understand how ridiculous that sounds considering all the cartoons and movies. 

But alas, the very first comic book, despite it's inherant sarcasm, was wuite serious. That's what I want to see.

That's why I liked Wonder Woman, maybe? There was less "comic relief" and shit for kids.....? 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 01:52 AM by AirVillain

Jul 23 at 3:28:15 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: fox

Best:
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy 1+2
Captain America: Winter Soldier

Great:
Iron Man
Avengers: Infinity War
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther

Good:
Doctor Strange
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor
Captain Marvel
The Incredible Hulk

Meh:
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2

Barf:
Thor: Dark World
I enjoyed Far From Home a bit better than Homecoming.  Mainly on the strength of Mysterio and having some deep cuts into the mythology that the MCU has built up over the years.  I'm still not a huge fan of the new actor for Peter and his supporting cast, but they give him Fury and Happy Hogan here so it evens out.  Worth watching but prob not why I see revisiting anytime soon.

Jul 23 at 3:44:57 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States

Also... here's a big point about my perspective....I WISH a comic book movie would be serious and not have so much joking and "funny" scenes. 

I want it to be serious and more for adults. This is my dream for TMNT. I understand how ridiculous that sounds considering all the cartoons and movies. 
OT: I feel the first TMNT strikes the right balence between light and dark.  Sure the Turtles have one liners and stuff because they are Teenagers and that is what kids gravitate to.  But when it came to Shredder and the Foot, they are scary and are treated treated like a real threat since they lick the Turtles quite a bit.  There are also some good messages about family/gangs, and I think even an adult can appriciate that.

Jul 28 at 11:50:14 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

OT: I feel the first TMNT strikes the right balence between light and dark.  Sure the Turtles have one liners and stuff because they are Teenagers and that is what kids gravitate to.  But when it came to Shredder and the Foot, they are scary and are treated treated like a real threat since they lick the Turtles quite a bit.  There are also some good messages about family/gangs, and I think even an adult can appriciate that.

Agreed. It's almost there. Still has a lot of comic relief. But yes, the OG TMNT is excellent and still stands the test of time.

Raphael getting the shit kicked out of him is intense. And when he wakes up in the bath tub in the farmhouse and Leonardo is there for him brings tears to my eyes.  

And one of the most intense scenes in the whole movie, and one of my favourite in ANY movie of all time, is when Splinter sits Raphael down and has a serious talk with him near the start of the film. "Do not forget them, and do not forget me." So incredible. 

And yeah, the fightscenes, and the final scene, are very well done. Credit Brain Henson & Jim Henson Studios!!!! He was the second director and (from what I understand) directed many of the scenes involving just the Turtles and fight scenes. 

In terms of the MCU....

I watched Spider-Man: Homecoming. 

First of all, I'll say this: No doubt Michael Keaton is the best part of the whole movie. He was cool as hell. 

I guess my biggest beef is partly my own fault....? Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't understand why Peter Parker starts the movie kind of as Spider-Man, but not quite? He doesn't have a real suit, so Tony Stark gives him one? What's with the timeline???   

Yet they REALLY gloss over the "origin story"... so it's a reboot, but not quite, and Peter Parker isn't quite Spider-Man and hasn't even made a decent suit for himself?? 

I think the whole "PP wants really bad to be an Avenger" is totally lame and a really dumb storyline. Like, seriously? The movie is CLEARLY just an excuse to introduce this new kid actor as PP and Spider-Man into the Avenger movies/series. It's just so cheesy. 

Why not just have a reboot with the new kid as PP, funny kid as "guy in the chair", different Mary J, Michael Keaton kicking ass as Vulture, and then have Tony Stark show up in the end/after the credits to tease the introduction into the Avengers....??? 

I just don't like the really cheesy Avengers "cross over". It was WAAAAAAAY overkill. (Captain America in the PSA's, or the bank robbers using the Avengers masks, for example)

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 11:55 AM by AirVillain

Jul 28 at 3:22:03 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Tony Stark show up in the end/after the credits to tease the introduction into the Avengers....??? 

I just don't like the really cheesy Avengers "cross over". It was WAAAAAAAY overkill. (Captain America in the PSA's, or the bank robbers using the Avengers masks, for example)

Its the MCU. If the events happened and its in that world then not showing them or recognizing them as part of culture is effing stupid. I think people would know superpowered superhumans saving the world. I think they did a perfect job integrating them. Why did we need another spiderman origin story. Thank god they didnt do that. And the crazy tech makes so much more sense in that world with tony stark involved. Tony Stark was teh best character in the whole MCU and made this film so much better. Him also having a relationship with spiderman helps the character development in infinity and endgame.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 03:23 PM by quest4nes

Jul 28 at 7:26:51 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
The last Marvel movie I had watched was the first Guardians movie back when it came out so I'm about 20 behind. I decided to watch from the beginning and I'm so far 3 films into Phase 2.

Ranking so far:
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 3
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. Avengers
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man
8. Iron Man 2
9. Thor: The Dark World

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 09:04 PM by The Questyen

Jul 28 at 8:04:11 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: The Questyen

The last Marvel movie I had watched was the first Guardians movie so I'm about 20 behind. I decided to watch from the beginning and I'm so far 3 films into Phase 2.

Ranking so far:
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 3
5. Avengers
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man
8. Iron Man 2

why isnt guardians of the galaxy in your rankings then?

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 28 at 8:56:30 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona

Originally posted by: The Questyen

The last Marvel movie I had watched was the first Guardians movie so I'm about 20 behind. I decided to watch from the beginning and I'm so far 3 films into Phase 2.

Ranking so far:
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 3
5. Avengers
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man
8. Iron Man 2

why isnt guardians of the galaxy in your rankings then?

That's next up. I hadn't seen it since it came out so I'll wait to rank it on my rewatch.

Jul 29 at 9:38:10 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

Its the MCU. If the events happened and its in that world then not showing them or recognizing them as part of culture is effing stupid. I think people would know superpowered superhumans saving the world. I think they did a perfect job integrating them. Why did we need another spiderman origin story. Thank god they didnt do that. And the crazy tech makes so much more sense in that world with tony stark involved. Tony Stark was teh best character in the whole MCU and made this film so much better. Him also having a relationship with spiderman helps the character development in infinity and endgame.

I'm still not sure I understand the actual timeline of the film.... like, in the beginning PP has his super powers (and made his web shooter) but not a suit, and isn't out kicking ass...??? I just find it weird they (the Marvel movie people gods) have bascially inserted Tony Stark into the Spider-Man origin story to be the one to give him an actual suit....?

Maybe that's way overthinking it. And CLEARLY it was done to introduce him into the MCU and blah, blah, blah, but strictly STORY WISE.... I don't get it.  

(In terms of The film itself) Whelp. I guess we liked/disliked it for the exact same reasons, haha. 

Anyways, not surprising, as I said. There's a market they're going for with these films... that being fans of the Avengers and the "MCU" (which I'm not, really) so integrating the characters into them was top of the list. I get that. 

Also, as I said, the Spider-Man /Stark tech suit was neat and it was one of my favourite parts of the newer avengers movie (ininity war?) ... I haven't seen the NEW NEWEST one) so I'm cool with that.... I'm certainly interested in this new Spidey one that just came out, I'm sure there's some cool shit that happens. Also, hoping PP can mature a bit and not try so hard to be cool for Tony Stark...? Maybe that happened in End Game? No spoilers please, haha. 

Meh, I get what they were going for, just not my cup of tea. 

Thinking about it overall.... Spider-Man is probably my favourite Marvel (aside from X-Men) character, and Avengers my least.... so.... not surprising the direction of this film was lost on me. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 07/29/2019 at 09:41 AM by AirVillain

Jul 29 at 9:53:34 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I'm still not sure I understand the actual timeline of the film.... like, in the beginning PP has his super powers (and made his web shooter) but not a suit, and isn't out kicking ass...??? I just find it weird they (the Marvel movie people gods) have bascially inserted Tony Stark into the Spider-Man origin story to be the one to give him an actual suit....?

Maybe that's way overthinking it. And CLEARLY it was done to introduce him into the MCU and blah, blah, blah, but strictly STORY WISE.... I don't get it.  

(In terms of The film itself) Whelp. I guess we liked/disliked it for the exact same reasons, haha. 

Anyways, not surprising, as I said. There's a market they're going for with these films... that being fans of the Avengers and the "MCU" (which I'm not, really) so integrating the characters into them was top of the list. I get that. 

Also, as I said, the Spider-Man /Stark tech suit was neat and it was one of my favourite parts of the newer avengers movie (ininity war?) ... I haven't seen the NEW NEWEST one) so I'm cool with that.... I'm certainly interested in this new Spidey one that just came out, I'm sure there's some cool shit that happens. Also, hoping PP can mature a bit and not try so hard to be cool for Tony Stark...? Maybe that happened in End Game? No spoilers please, haha. 

Meh, I get what they were going for, just not my cup of tea. 

Thinking about it overall.... Spider-Man is probably my favourite Marvel (aside from X-Men) character, and Avengers my least.... so.... not surprising the direction of this film was lost on me. 

He already had a home-sewn suit when he showed up in Captain America: Civil War, so the stand-alone Spider-man movie was not his introduction in the MCU and doesn't need to retread that ground.

Tony Stark gives him a greatly enhanced, feature-rich, suit.  i.e. it is a version of Spider-man where the suit plays a much more interesting role in Peter Parker's process of reconciling how much of hero work is attributable to him versus the suit.

My kids and I are in the process of rewatching the 90's Spider-man animated series, where Peter Parker gets his powers as a college student, rather than in high school.
I was actually really surprised how many other Marvel characters ended up as guests in the series -- I remembered a few, but had completely forgotten about a full-crossover episode with the X-Men (who were in the 3rd season of the cartoon at that point) and a couple of crossover episodes with Blade, of all people.

Anyway, point is, I find that Spider-man is a lot more interesting when he doesn't exist in a vacuum (i.e. the Sam Raimi films) and has to deal with his powers and baggage in a shared world with other heroes.

Jul 29 at 10:28:15 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

He already had a home-sewn suit when he showed up in Captain America: Civil War, so the stand-alone Spider-man movie was not his introduction in the MCU and doesn't need to retread that ground.

Tony Stark gives him a greatly enhanced, feature-rich, suit.  i.e. it is a version of Spider-man where the suit plays a much more interesting role in Peter Parker's process of reconciling how much of hero work is attributable to him versus the suit.

My kids and I are in the process of rewatching the 90's Spider-man animated series, where Peter Parker gets his powers as a college student, rather than in high school.
I was actually really surprised how many other Marvel characters ended up as guests in the series -- I remembered a few, but had completely forgotten about a full-crossover episode with the X-Men (who were in the 3rd season of the cartoon at that point) and a couple of crossover episodes with Blade, of all people.

Anyway, point is, I find that Spider-man is a lot more interesting when he doesn't exist in a vacuum (i.e. the Sam Raimi films) and has to deal with his powers and baggage in a shared world with other heroes.

You see... I didn't know that. But... looking at it now, looks like Spidey has an actual "suit" in civil war, not just clothes as he did at the start of Homecoming. So I'm still confused on the timeline on that. Did he start Civil war with a home sewn suit and then Stark gave him a decent one...Then did he take the suit away at the end thus leaving us for Homecoming?

I get what they did with the suit and the "If you can't do it on your own you can't do it with the suit" blah blah blah... which is kind of bs because Tony Starks super power is being rich and smart and his suit is what make him badass. 

Aaaaaaaanyways, I like when Spidey shares the screen, too.... but man... he took a back seat to Tony Stark in his own movie!  

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 07/29/2019 at 10:30 AM by AirVillain

Jul 29 at 10:35:38 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

You see... I didn't know that. But... looking at it now, looks like Spidey has an actual "suit" in civil war, not just clothes as he did at the start of Homecoming. So I'm still confused on the timeline on that. Did he start Civil war with a home sewn suit and then Stark gave him a decent one...Then did he take the suit away at the end thus leaving us for Homecoming?

I get what they did with the suit and the "If you can't do it on your own you can't do it with the suit" blah blah blah... which is kind of bs because Tony Starks super power is being rich and smart and his suit is what make him badass. 

Aaaaaaaanyways, I like when Spidey shares the screen, too.... but man... he took a back seat to Tony Stark in his own movie!  

yes, he starts Civil War with the homesewn suit -- Tony gives him version 1 of an upgraded suit.

Homecoming, he gets version 2.

And yes, Tony Stark is a total hypocrite about the suit... but that is basically Tony's major character flaw.

Though I completely disagree that he took a back seat to Tony Stark in Homecoming.

Jul 30 at 8:07:16 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

yes, he starts Civil War with the homesewn suit -- Tony gives him version 1 of an upgraded suit.

And yes, Tony Stark is a total hypocrite about the suit... but that is basically Tony's major character flaw.

Though I completely disagree that he took a back seat to Tony Stark in Homecoming.

Well thank you for the clarification, makes way more sense, haha. (Kind of makes me want to watch Civil War)

Okay, just wondering about TS and the suit thing. 

Haha, well, I was just being facetious about taking a back seat to TS buuuuuuuut.... Seems like from the jump PP was talking about wanting to be an Avenger (the "film" by PP?) and how cool TS was. Aaaaaaand they must have said TS's name like a billion times. I know he is an actual character in the movie, but the references were out of hand. 

But... I get that's the point. To intertwine the stories for current/future films. 

Meh... after the clarification on the suit, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. And I can get over the fact that PP is a young teenager trying to be cool for TS. I'm ready for the next Spiidey film. I'll even say that I'm stoked for it. 

As stated, PP's suit in Infinity War was cool as hell. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jul 31 at 8:56:52 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Well thank you for the clarification, makes way more sense, haha. (Kind of makes me want to watch Civil War)

Okay, just wondering about TS and the suit thing. 

Haha, well, I was just being facetious about taking a back seat to TS buuuuuuuut.... Seems like from the jump PP was talking about wanting to be an Avenger (the "film" by PP?) and how cool TS was. Aaaaaaand they must have said TS's name like a billion times. I know he is an actual character in the movie, but the references were out of hand. 

But... I get that's the point. To intertwine the stories for current/future films. 

Meh... after the clarification on the suit, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. And I can get over the fact that PP is a young teenager trying to be cool for TS. I'm ready for the next Spiidey film. I'll even say that I'm stoked for it. 

As stated, PP's suit in Infinity War was cool as hell. 

Yeah, the backstory for the Tony Stark stuff is all embedded in Civil War.

That movie covered a lot of bases.