Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every N64 Game In A Year-2012 Last few days!

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:56:21 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Well I guess if emulators are ok than I would assume the 3ds version is ok to.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:37:21 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Battletanx done

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:44:23 AM
doesbenfoldfive (162)
(d medley) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Dibs on Star Fox and Top Gear Rally!

-------------------------
 ---------------------
MY FS THREAD!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
---------------------

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:43:09 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Beat Cruis'n World too. I just did "Cruise the World" from start to finish on the default difficulty, didn't play the other game modes.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:11:33 AM
ilovecardj (7)

(alex anderson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Manitoba
Goldeneye Done a few times lol . some horrible rtas, games almost too random for anything but IL runs, times end up sucking cause of safe strats

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:45:25 AM
8bitSpriteLimit (10)
(John Andrew Thomas) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Finished Pokemon Snap. Yeah, it didnt take that long.

He built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need for science; science causes pain.
It's Wily and his robots I disdain.
I am a Rock,
I am a Mega Man.

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:37:25 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I've unlocked 5/6 wrestlers in WCW/nWo World Tour, and was wondering what would constitute completion. I kinda got sick of it for the time being, but I'll probably bust out the final 3 ladders to unlock the last character, but if I don't need to, I'll just skip it As it stands, I've knocked out 5 ladders.

EDIT: Guess I should amend it to what would constitute beating any of the wrestling games.  If it's getting to the credits, then finishing a ladder should suffice, but if it's utter completion, it's a bit tougher to determine.  But I have a good number of them already so I can probably knock a bunch out no problem

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Edited: 01/09/2012 at 02:46 AM by the_wizard_666

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:50:41 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I'll go with seeing the credits as that is kind of the end screen

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:55:28 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
^ Agreed. The topic is "Can we beat every game" not necessarily "Complete Every Game".

For example, in Crusi'n USA I just went from Coast to Coast which gets you the credits. It actually unlocks a car too. You have 4 default cars and each car has 4 upgrades = 16 times to run through the game to unlock them all. One surely suffices as beating the game.

I was thinking about doing Wrestlemania 2000 or maybe WCW/nWo Revenge, but WCW/nWo World Tour was the one that started it all. Great game in itself, they just vastly improved them over time.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:38:10 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, the game looks like absolute trash, but it still plays pretty well. Pretty good overall, but yeah, everything after it improved on it by leaps and bounds. Anyway, guess we can call it beaten

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:36:42 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Battletanx global assault done

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:03:53 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I've unlocked 5/6 wrestlers in WCW/nWo World Tour, and was wondering what would constitute completion. I kinda got sick of it for the time being, but I'll probably bust out the final 3 ladders to unlock the last character, but if I don't need to, I'll just skip it As it stands, I've knocked out 5 ladders.

EDIT: Guess I should amend it to what would constitute beating any of the wrestling games.  If it's getting to the credits, then finishing a ladder should suffice, but if it's utter completion, it's a bit tougher to determine.  But I have a good number of them already so I can probably knock a bunch out no problem

I just played some WCW / nWo Revenge and see what you mean.  I did the USA Title with Goldberg but I'd still have to run through some more ladders to finish the game.  I realize it is just unlockables, but I suppose finishing all of the circuits would be more like beating it.

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:09:16 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

I just beat Perfect Dark today. Perfect Agent mode isn't as hard as I remembered. Working on the challenges now. Challenge 19 is a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

All in one day?  Nice job if so.  I would assume PA is hard too, but it's been so long since I played it.  How bad was Carrington Institute? 

That's funny because I don't remember Carrington Institue being all that hard but it was the only one where I failed more than 10 times. Oh and I didn't beat it all that day. I was working on it for a day or two before I beat it. PD64 really is one of my all time favorite 64 games(right next to CBFD) so I beat it at least once every 6 months for the hell of it. 

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 01/09/2012 at 08:11 PM by acomicbookguyc

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:26:35 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

I just beat Perfect Dark today. Perfect Agent mode isn't as hard as I remembered. Working on the challenges now. Challenge 19 is a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

All in one day?  Nice job if so.  I would assume PA is hard too, but it's been so long since I played it.  How bad was Carrington Institute? 

That's funny because I don't remember Carrington Institue being all that hard but it was the only one where I failed more than 10 times. Oh and I didn't beat it all that day. I was working on it for a day or two before I beat it. PD64 really is one of my all time favorite 64 games(right next to CBFD) so I beat it at least once every 6 months for the hell of it. 

You should check out the world records over at the elite:

http://rankings.the-elite.net/per...

The times these days are sick, 1:37 on Perfect Agent is the WR for Carrington Institute.  It was all founded on a Perfect Dark message board around when the game came out.  Five of us in a forum thread turned into 10, into 20, and 10 years later there's been some of the best gamers in the world to participate.  I only competed that summer, but people still actively speed run it to this day.

My angelfire page somehow still exists even though I lost the password years ago, but I found this pic and I think it's hilarious.  Look at what I used to speedrun on:

I guess 0:52 on g5 building Agent was incredible at the time, but now the WR is 36 seconds.  (The one with all the damn invisible guards.) Anyways, if you love PD at least watch a couple of those videos.  They'll amaze you!

Edited: 01/09/2012 at 08:27 PM by jonebone

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:10:25 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

I just played some WCW / nWo Revenge and see what you mean.  I did the USA Title with Goldberg but I'd still have to run through some more ladders to finish the game.  I realize it is just unlockables, but I suppose finishing all of the circuits would be more like beating it.

Well, I suppose I won't work on Revenge then   And I just knocked out the final 3 ladders to unlock the 6 unlockable characters, so we can call World Tour completed   Since I don't have Nitro, I suppose I'll hit some of the THQ wrestling games...although No Mercy I really don't want to restart everything, so I'll leave that to you...I just need to unlock the Ho to call it complete for my personal list, but I'm sure someone else'll want a go at it...and I doubt we'll need to save 500K in the game to call it complete...been saving for the Ho for around 10 years...fucking bitch is expensive!

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:49:36 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Okay, so if we're counting it as one run to the credits as beaten, I knocked off No Mercy after all. Realized I hadn't 100% completed the Intercontinental title path, so I just knocked the last of it off. Took three separate runs through to fully complete it, so it's not like it was an easy run. Now to get the last 350K I need to unlock the Ho and I'll have 100% completed the entire game...

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:28:19 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
I just beat 1080 Snowboarding Match Race on Expert mode. 6 races on 6 different levels, I tried to do with no lives as I have previously done but I don't think I have the patience and I'd rather play other games.

Edit to add: Also, can we write it down so that you can see who beat each game beside the game title, and have a point counter for number of wins?

I'll save you some work:

Double Edit: Thanks man.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 03:07 PM by Krunch

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:07:12 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I suppose I can do that sure ^ thanks for the help

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:40:37 AM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida

Okay, so if we're counting it as one run to the credits as beaten, I knocked off No Mercy after all. Realized I hadn't 100% completed the Intercontinental title path, so I just knocked the last of it off. Took three separate runs through to fully complete it, so it's not like it was an easy run. Now to get the last 350K I need to unlock the Ho and I'll have 100% completed the entire game...

dude that is a feat... i remember that being really challenging to do

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:14:54 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

Okay, so if we're counting it as one run to the credits as beaten, I knocked off No Mercy after all. Realized I hadn't 100% completed the Intercontinental title path, so I just knocked the last of it off.

Oh alright, then sounds like WCW / nWo Revenge is also done as I did one of the ladders with Goldberg.  Glad I don't have to play it more, its repetitive and I played it too much back in the day.  I was playing on Medium and still beating most of them in 3-4 minutes despite needing to usually special up 2 or even 3 times.  They always kick out of the first special on Medium difficulty.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:54:48 AM
kevinu86 (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(kevin unruh) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
super mario 64

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:42:25 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Is it okay to beat Diddy Kong Racing on the more difficult Adventure Two mode (mirror mode)? I just beat this game on regular mode in November and while I don't mind playing it again it would be a nice change of pace.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:03:38 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
If you got to the end screen/credits than I would consider it beat. Do you get that in adventure 2 mode?

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:22:55 PM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

If you got to the end screen/credits than I would consider it beat. Do you get that in adventure 2 mode?

yeah you do get the credits and the ending is different from adventure one. its like beating MK64 mirror mode to have the red main screen. i'd say beat adventure 2 to complete it.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:37:10 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
^Thanks for the info, oddly enough I have beat the game many times but never on Adventure Two.

And to clarify, I am considering completing Adventure Two to be a substitute for beating Adventure One - I did not beat Adventure One prior to making my last post except on an old save file from last year.