Next round of PowerPak beta mappers fixes controller problems, mapper 79, mmc1

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:17:05 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Not my fault when you pass out

Hahaha sure it is.

I understand that this mapper is a difficult one.

Ever considered a Nerdy Nights tutorial on creating mappers for your Power Pak, I wouldn't even know where to start. But it seems other Nerdy Nights tutorials have proven fruitful in the development of new games.
Just a thought I know your busy keeping us all happy in other areas.

Keep it up, thank you.

-------------------------

Nov 6, 2010 at 10:11:59 PM
Jero (1)
(Jeroen ) < El Ripper >
Netherlands
Powerpak mappers are a WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE different leauge compared to programming games. Alot of knowledge on digital logic etc required.

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:12:37 PM
Memblers (3)
(Joey Parsell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I agree that a tutorial on creating PowerPak mappers would be really nice. I made a mapper in Verilog, and started to implement it into the PowerPak schematic, but felt sorta like I had to reverse-engineer the PowerPak to do it.. I guess what I really want is an easier way to hook a verilog module up, without everything being spread all over the schematic. But anything that would make Verilog/schematic development easier would be a step in the the right direction, IMHO.

thefox and loopy have done it, so either I'm a little slow, or just didn't put enough time into it, heheh.

jero32: But this digital logic is the same digital logic that every is using when they use the AND, ORA, EOR, instructions on 6502.  Sure, there's a bit more to it though.  But not a lot.

Edited: 11/07/2010 at 12:13 PM by Memblers

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:15:47 PM
Jero (1)
(Jeroen ) < El Ripper >
Netherlands
Well verilog in itself isn't so hard...it's making it nice and optimized. Plus working with nes you gotta understand the concepts of busses and all that kind of crap.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:27:11 PM
beigemore (35)

(Brandon M) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Woot! 6 months for controller fixes for 6 games.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:30:07 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I'm pretty sure he has more going on over there in California than just updating Powerpak mappers.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:20:40 PM
beigemore (35)

(Brandon M) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
I'm sure he does, but it's still disappointing for the price of admission.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:04:34 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Where does 6 months come from? MottZilla on the nesdev thread fixed the problem almost exactly 3 years ago. Hacked Paperboy ROMs have been around 10+ years to deal with emulators like Nesticle. Poor attempt at thread crapping!

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:36:42 AM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
Originally posted by: beigemore

I'm sure he does, but it's still disappointing for the price of admission.

Research before investing into a product over $100 could be a good idea. Realize the price of admission is very fair. Go try to find a product that does the same thing for less, or another product that does the same thing at all. Realize this is a one man company with dozens of projects going. One man engineering, coding, running a website, shipping, accounting, ETC. Have respect for someone making little money, pouring his entire life into making your niche hobby better. If you didn't think what you were getting was fair, then you shouldn't have bought it. Don't complain about it half a year later.

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:54:19 AM
marvelus10 (46)

British Columbia
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I'm pretty sure he has more going on over there in California than just updating Powerpak mappers.

Yeah like making a Ganja Farmer cart to promote the legalization of marijuana, or maybe hes just too busy smoking it.

Hippies....

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:35:54 AM
Kreese (4)
(Robert Kreese) < Little Mac >
Sweden

Dunno what he was doing wrong, but as the last post there says v1.34 = loopy mappers.

It must have been some problem with earlier versions, 1.33 or something. This issue is no more... I tried 1.34 + the latest beta. I had to delete the whole POWERPAK folder and replace it with only the 1.34 or beta folder. I guess the problems I had was something like I didn't replaced ALL files or something.

Anyway: NSF-VRC6 works just fine (both in 1.34 and latest beta):

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:27:49 AM
bunnyboy (81)
California
Originally posted by: marvelus10

Yeah like making a Ganja Farmer cart to promote the legalization of marijuana, or maybe hes just too busy smoking it.

Hippies....

"Super Ganja Farmer" was my next game idea, had to do some intensive character research.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:44:34 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I volunteer to be your test subject for that game Bunnyboy. What can I do to help?

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:23:50 PM
thefox (0)
(Kalle Immonen) < Meka Chicken >
Finland
Originally posted by: Memblers

I agree that a tutorial on creating PowerPak mappers would be really nice. I made a mapper in Verilog, and started to implement it into the PowerPak schematic, but felt sorta like I had to reverse-engineer the PowerPak to do it.. I guess what I really want is an easier way to hook a verilog module up, without everything being spread all over the schematic. But anything that would make Verilog/schematic development easier would be a step in the the right direction, IMHO.

thefox and loopy have done it, so either I'm a little slow, or just didn't put enough time into it, heheh.

Yeah it takes a lot of time to figure out all the kinks. I think loopy rewrote the PowerPak schematics in Verilog for his mappers, I on the other hand rerouted the schematics to my Verilog module which receives and outputs pretty much every useful signal. I guess I could release that as a template at some point.

Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:01:13 PM
marvelus10 (46)

British Columbia

Hippies....

"Super Ganja Farmer" was my next game idea, had to do some intensive character research.

If I donate some primo BC bud, will it entitle me to an advanced copy for being a huge help in development. Ill take LE cart #10.

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:06:26 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

Hippies....

If I donate some primo BC bud, will it entitle me to an advanced copy for being a huge help in development. Ill take LE cart #10.

Send dat shit to me man. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:24:57 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
That might be an interesting hack for NARC

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:40:00 PM
bunnyboy (81)
California
v1.35 Beta 2 now posted! Another chunk of the incompatible list gone yay.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:45:45 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

v1.35 Beta 2 now posted! Another chunk of the incompatible list gone yay.

What games are fixed now?

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:41:52 PM
bunnyboy (81)
California
Changes listed in first post, fixes: 

Krazy Kreatures
Deathbots
Mermaids of Atlantis
Venice Beach Volleyball
Bill & Ted
AD&D Hillsfar
Rocket Ranger
Sesame Street 123

and possibly others with the same problems.

Edited: 11/10/2010 at 06:42 PM by bunnyboy

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:26:07 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
sweet bunnyboy! I'll be sure to add the changes in my list. Thanks again for a great product.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:29:09 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
You've outdone yourself again, bravo!

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:08:07 AM
TEOL (0)

(Daniel Cordell) < Cherub >
United Kingdom
We need to set BS Satellview DS-1 chip set games like this to work automatically without having to play about in some Hex program. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to play with Hex's if I do not have to because it's a mapper related Hex problem that can be fixed by the guy who does the mappers.

I HAVE A GREAT NEWS !!! I GOT BS F-ZERO 2 to work
i think its the first bs game to work on powerpak. but i cant get bs zelda to work

how to get BS F-Zero 2 working

1. You need a rom: BS F-ZERO Grand Prix 2 (Japan).smc ect.
2. you need to remove header ( i use snesROMUtil.exe )
3. change the byte at $7fd5 to $20

ENJOY

A special feature I would like to see added now that you have SPC sound support which is the first step to full SNES media support is the ability to download box art and be able to select the jpg, bmp or gif in the menu for a game so we can have the box art and cart art in the background of the menu maybe placed in the corner or something?

Make it so that you can pick up to 4 corner graphics for your game as there are 4 corners on a screen and it means we can have box art covering every region.

Also the option to choose one graphic and to be able to stretch it to full screen as a full screen background image would be sweet as people although find it easier to see do find black a bit plain and boring after time for a menu.

Ok, I'll stop pitching ideas for new updates as it's probably not possible due to SNES limitations. The $20 or whatever it was mapper update for BS SNES games I'd say is vital though so that definitely has to be done for the current compatibility issues of some semi playable with patching games having to be patched with difficult Hex software before working. This update would also help us with Windows Vista which find it a chore even getting Hex editing software running as most of them are run in DOS and will not work without GUI in Vista.

To get BS games working I guess or your side the code is reversed so it's $7fd5 Lo-Rom and Hi-Rom just in case mapper support needing adding or something to fix these semi compatible games?

According to another article I read this may also need to be in the compatibility update as you shouldn't have to use UCon64 especially since it looks complicated to use and I can't find the padding settings part anywhere in this rubbish peice of software.

Space Invaders and Ms. Pac-Man started out as 2Mbit ROMs but would not run. They had to be padded to 4Mbit in order to work. Ucon64 was used to perform this task and the games functioned normally.

Edited: 11/13/2010 at 05:22 AM by TEOL

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:56:10 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah

Umm yeah.. I knew I shouldnt have tried to follow this thread

Edited: 11/13/2010 at 06:01 AM by Redivivus

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:09:04 AM
TEOL (0)

(Daniel Cordell) < Cherub >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Redivivus

Umm yeah.. I knew I shouldnt have tried to follow this thread

It's important to report manually fixed problems (bug fixes) by other people because that way the mapper creators can take notice and reverse engineer the problems to interpret them into the future Powerpak mappers set to make the games work how they should without having to apply the manual bug fix yourself.

Like in these reported fixes the F-Zero 2 BS ROM which should be a DS-1 game like the original can be fixed by reverse engineering the  "$7fd5" byte so we do not have to change it to "$20" manually. The ROM then should work with that byte automatically and not display the would not load screen like it normally does in theory. 

The Space Invaders and Ms. Pac-Man problems can be fixed by putting in 2Mbit support which is very possible as the Powerpak supports up to 96 or something similar to that well somewhere in the 90s anyway Mbits.

Adding in the artwork images thing would just be a nice feature to have although hardware limitations may not make it possible I clearly mentioned that it may not be possible already.

The reverse engineering thing is very valid to solving whatever game loading problems are left with the product so don't mock it with stupid posts like you made here after my post stating the current manually done bug fixes made by people in unofficial Powerpak related forum threads on other forums and websites with that ridiculous spam picture.

I'm surprised you didn't get warned for that by a moderator as my post is valid to helping the SNES Powerpak product out game load fixing wise and your post here is 100% spam and perhaps offensive towards me too.

Just to let you know I've been looking at this thread for ages but I registered to the forum only yesterday to post in it. You only posted that because you think I'm a noob when you didn't even know I've been watching the Powerpak Beta threads for a long time as I have a SNES Powerpak myself.

Edited: 11/14/2010 at 07:14 AM by TEOL