Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

First NES find 10 cib nes games

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:13:52 AM
zwak (7)

(zak wak) < Little Mac >
Manitoba
So my city seems to lack in the NES department, all we get in our buy/sells are ridiculously overpriced commons, like 30 bucks for a SMB3 cart.  So when I found the ad for 10 CIB nes games in "excellent" condition, I thought I'd respond.  Got a quick response, went to go take a look at them an hour later.  As expecting, not everything was excellent condition.  Still pretty happy with it all!

Any my favorite of them all:

Was pretty stoked that the one in the best shape was Mega Man 5.

These are also my first NES games! I grew up with an SNES so that is the system I collect the most for. 

-------------------------

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:49:47 AM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
how much did this run you? nice grab

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:55:25 AM
Tw1tch (55)

(Lance .) < Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
nice pick up! Also welcome to the site

Currently Playing
NES: Mighty Final Fight
PC: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:34:30 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Nice grab, and here's to many more!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:37:27 AM
Ninjakooopa (7)
(Matthew V.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Well howdy fellow snes collector . And nice grab. That MM5 looks stunning.

Turtle squad, GO!

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:54:25 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Nice grabs, especially MM5! How much did you throw down for it?

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:34:46 AM
firebrand (45)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Wow, that MM5 is beautiful. I need MM5 and I'll own all of the MM's on NES. Nice grab btw.

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:42:49 AM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
beautiful stuff, great first find!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:26:39 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
Good haul for sure.

SNES - 660

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:56:11 PM
stoutguru (46)
(John Hicks) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Nice

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:15:57 PM
radracer32 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(jake myers) < Little Mac >
Texas
good score on the mega-man 5!

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:16:22 AM
zwak (7)

(zak wak) < Little Mac >
Manitoba
Thanks guys, sorry its taken awhile to respond but I paid 100 bucks for them all, which probably isn't the best grab by a lot of people's standards but I'm pretty happy with it. As I said, not too much in the way of NES stuff around here. I think I might resell most of it, because they're not in amazing shape and I could probably make most of my money back and get a cheap MM5 and Lolo out of it. Pretty much my thinking is, if I'm gonna start a CIB NES collection, I'm gonna do it right and get some minty games because I know I'll be going quality of quantity.

That being said, my SNES RPG collection is a bigger priority than the NES collection, so if anybody is interested in the MM5 or others, I'd love to try figure out a deal!

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:13:15 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Not the best price, but Mega Man 5 more than makes up for it. Generally speaking, if you find loose carts in the wild for $5 or CIBs for $10 (or less) they'll always be worth it, because since Canada gets raped on shipping, you won't be able to beat that online unless you buy bulk. Plus you don't have to wait 2 weeks to play your games.

Incidently, I think it's a Canada thing to be honest, because retro shit around here seems to get people thinking everything's worth $20+ loose and in bad cosmetic condition. Anyone who doubts this just needs to look at Kijiji for any Canadian city and see what sort of deals pop up...they're all few and far between

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:58:17 AM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Nice titles. Good luck with the next lot

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:00:52 PM
pseudonym (39)
(Jack N.) < Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Nice find. Mega Man 5 will make up for it like wizard_666 said. Good to see another Manitoban here. Are you in the Winnipeg region? I never check craigslist/kijiji/others any more because there's never anything good for sale there. Heh.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:16:58 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Congrats on a nice find. Local CIB finds are always impressive.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:53:43 PM
Chilimac (95)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Very nice find indeed. I would pick up that lot in a heartbeat so I think thats a great catch.

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:40:27 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
All things considered it was $10 a game and with gems like MM5 in there and a few others you did quite well, should be proud.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:50:45 PM
retrofix (14)
(JM Wells) < Little Mac >
Montana
Nice grab!

5. Snow Brothers
4.  Earthbound
3.  Zombie Nation
2. R.O.B.
1. Bubble Bobble pt. 2

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:19:22 AM
zwak (7)

(zak wak) < Little Mac >
Manitoba
Thanks again guys! Pseudonym, yep I'm from Winnipeg, and this was from Kijiji. That being said, I've gotten two(and missed another) good deals from it in about a year. They're few and far between for sure, its pretty brutal. Everybody thinks their stuff is worth probably double what it actually is. Like the guy trying to sell an SNES, 1 controller no games, for 75$. Oh well, just means when I sell something it'll be gone that much quicker cause I have realistic pricing.

Edited: 01/20/2011 at 03:19 AM by zwak

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:41:54 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, I find I can sell an NES, 2 controllers, Zapper, and SMB/DH for $50 locally, which is still more than it's worth but far less than the $100+ most locals ask for the same package, plus I give them a chance to get games for cheap on top of it.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:14:55 PM
8bitdreams (166)
(Antonio N.) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Not the best price, but Mega Man 5 more than makes up for it. Generally speaking, if you find loose carts in the wild for $5 or CIBs for $10 (or less) they'll always be worth it, because since Canada gets raped on shipping, you won't be able to beat that online unless you buy bulk. Plus you don't have to wait 2 weeks to play your games.

Incidently, I think it's a Canada thing to be honest, because retro shit around here seems to get people thinking everything's worth $20+ loose and in bad cosmetic condition. Anyone who doubts this just needs to look at Kijiji for any Canadian city and see what sort of deals pop up...they're all few and far between

Is this why so many of my <$3 carts and cheaply-priced CIBs end up up there?  lol 

NICE PICKUP MAN!!  Seriously, MM5 is a tough find, and that one looks particularly nice!

My for sale thread:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My eBay store:  http://stores.ebay.com/inyour8bit...;

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:29:46 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: 8bitdreams

Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Is this why so many of my <$3 carts and cheaply-priced CIBs end up up there?  lol 

NICE PICKUP MAN!!  Seriously, MM5 is a tough find, and that one looks particularly nice!

Yup, that's exactly why.  Anyone dealing in commons will get a ton of business from north of the border.  It's why I laugh when sellers don't want to ship here.  You can be picky with high end expensive shit, but with your Silent Service and Captain Skyhawk carts, Canadians are the only ones willing to pay $3 because they're the only ones that can't get them that cheap locally

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:32:50 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Yeah the whole what it's worth vs what is the sellers dreamed up worth thing keeps getting worse.

I got a local dude who wants me to buy a boxed up action set with the orange zapper and smb/dh along with like 13 games for $70. I know I could probably flip it for a bit, but I doubt enough to make it worth my while as the games with it aren't all that at all.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:37:43 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Depending on the condition the Action Set would make that worthwhile. I've seen CIB sets hit triple digits, but it needs to be in great shape. If the games were CIB as well, I probably would've snagged it (unless they were in garbage condition).