NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Need help sourcing a big box protector Point Blank 3 for PS1

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:48:34 AM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Hey peeps.... 

Hoping someone can help my search on finding an appropriately sized box protector for my new addition.   Can't seem to find anyone that makes one this size.  I've reached out to Jimpoleshuk but haven't heard back.  I perused his site, but he doesn't seem to have one this size.  I've looked through a few others and searched eBay with no positive results.... someone have a good lead or person I can reach out to for this one?  

The box measures 10.75" x 9" x 3"  roughly.   I was hoping a SNES Classic box protector would do, but it is much bigger.  

Any help is much appreciated!

-------------------------
For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Edited: 12/08/2017 at 11:07 AM by acidjaguar

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:02:08 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Hit up Dan at RetroProtection. Give him dimensions of the box. He likes to give 1/8 of an inch clearance on all sides, so you'll tell him what that box size is and he's going to look for something that's slightly bigger. It may be he has something already, but it's listed as something else.

Example: I told him I wanted to put my NES carts in bags, then sleeve them, then put the sleeved game in a box protector, but his NES cart protector boxes are too small to have a sleeve inside them. I told him I knew I had some that would fit. Solution, RetroProtection's DS cases are the size of the NES cart and allow for a sleeve to go in with it. I just had to tell him what dimensions I was trying to fit.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:08:20 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana
Great, will do! Thanks mang!

Top wants currently: 

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:17:36 AM
RetroProtection (0)

(Dan Godkin) < Cherub >
Nebraska
That is a really tough size! I just checked my size list and the closest thing I have is a protector for the NES top loader console box. It's not a great fit and console boxes aren't very cheap unfortunately. It is 13 5/8 x 9 11/16 x 3 3/8. It's very thick plastic and well made though and will keep the dust and other things from touching it. I wouldn't bother looking anywhere but Retroprotection. Everyone else does main sizes and hardly any or no specialty sizes. We have close to 155 sizes now and more on order so if you can't find it at Retroprotection it probably doesn't exist. I could be biased. 😀. Happy holidays! Dan

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:21:08 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana
Originally posted by: RetroProtection

That is a really tough size! I just checked my size list and the closest thing I have is a protector for the NES top loader console box. It's not a great fit and console boxes aren't very cheap unfortunately. It is 13 5/8 x 9 11/16 x 3 3/8. It's very thick plastic and well made though and will keep the dust and other things from touching it. I wouldn't bother looking anywhere but Retroprotection. Everyone else does main sizes and hardly any or no specialty sizes. We have close to 155 sizes now and more on order so if you can't find it at Retroprotection it probably doesn't exist. I could be biased. 😀. Happy holidays! Dan

hehehehe, I don't see this as biased     Seems like you've got a great expansive list of available sizes which is good to know.

Thank you for the direct input Dan.

Top wants currently: 

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:40:42 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Point Blank
Point Blank 2
Point Blank 3
Time Crisis
Time Crisis Project Titan

Came with the Guncon and their boxes are the same size.

Might be able to get a price break on 5?