Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Rare Star Wars Prototype Prototype SNES CART

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:21:19 PM
zeroskater71 (50)

(brett biederman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
re-wrap;">My friend has this game.. This is the email he sent me describing the game.

I truly have a vague memory of how i came to be in possession of this game, i remember it being given to me from someone affiliated with Nintendo who lived out here in the Hampton's in like 1992-94. But the prototype game was originally "Alien 3", the label is white with black lettering and you can barely make out the words of the label but you can make out the roman numeral "iii" for the 3 and the "i and e" of alien. I think the guy had ripped the label on purpose because the game isnt alien 3, in fact it's "Super Star Wars", the first star wars game. The back of the Cart has an exposed square cut out piece of backing (lower right hand 1/4 of the cart), where theres 2 roms installed for the star wars game. On the 2 roms which are visible there are 2 white label stickers covering the eye hole's on the rom chips labeled "star wars rom 1 and rom 2" with red marker. The game when you put it in the SNES plays as "Super Star wars", the first star wars game i believe. I havent played through the game to see if anything is different, maybe i'll try that next. But the game works, and its deff super star wars when u start it up.

Just trying to figure out value of it or rarity .. . thank you all for your help

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:59:49 PM
Lance (0)
(Lance ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
I believe it has been known that developers have re-used boards for prototypes before, so it wouldn't surprise me if this once was a prototype/review copy of Aliens III.

-------------------------

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:17:18 PM
evansparce (1)
(Evan ) < Cherub >
New York
so originally it was an alien 3 prototype game, and it's a prototype chip board? but then the roms were switched out with a star wars prototype? That makes sense, rly cool find it seems. Anyone have a clue on value/rarity?

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:28:39 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Its definitely a prototype board as it has eprom stamped on it, and doesn't appear to need rewiring to use eprom chips. It could be that it was reused, it wouldn't be the first time something like this has been found.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:35:51 PM
evansparce (1)
(Evan ) < Cherub >
New York
I see, Thanks a lot marv. Well hopefully i can figure out a value on it, even if its not one of a kind, it still seems to be pretty rare. Any info on value would be appreciated

Edited: 04/21/2013 at 10:13 PM by evansparce

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:07:36 PM
Atamos (0)
(Sébastien B) < Crack Trooper >
Quebec
Hey there, I have a Super Star Wars prototype, I paid 117$ for it in 2012 and it's the final version, if yours have any differences from the original game it can definitely sell for more than what I paid.

Here is the picture of the board:
http://www.legrospixel.com/collec...

www.legrospixel.com