Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Anybody know of a quality Scart to component converter?

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:37:38 PM
Jade88 (3)

< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
I'm gaming on a Toshiba 24AF44, just a nice little consumer grade CRT. It has component hookups, so i wanted to get the best picture out of it.

I'm looking for something that can convert RGB to component with no lag, just a real no frills device that looks good.

I see these boxes from 5-40 dollars or so, which are the best of the bunch?

Thanks for the help guys!

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:47:29 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
This is the component transcoder that I have. I've used it pretty consistently for about 3 years and have had zero problems. I pass my SNES, GEN, PS1 and TG-16 through it and the image quality for all on my CRT has been excellent. I don't know that I would recommend anything cheaper than that. These kinds of electronic products are very much in the "you get what you pay for" type of bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCART-RGB-to-YUV-Component-Video...

When you first get it, you'll want to take the top cover off and use a small screwdriver to adjust the color-intensities to your liking. Check out the tutorial below on which resistors control which hues.

-------------------------
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:53:21 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Wow, i just sold one 2 days ago and had it listed here.

You want the Shinybow SB 2840.

The one listed above me is garbage and has to be opened and adjusted. This one is the real deal and well made and looks incredible.

-------------------------
gamevaluenow