Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Admit It: Common/Classic Games You've Never Beaten

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:05:23 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
I have many to games to start but smb has me almost stuck all the time... Super ghouls and ghosts pounds me also. And the second level of sunset riders

-------------------------

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:08:09 AM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
This is gonna sound weak, but Back to the Future for NES has always been just too annoyingly hard for me to finish the damn thing!

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:40:17 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: Nullface

I couldn't even beat the first level of Bionic Commando when I tried it last week. I couldn't understand the controls or get a hang of it. I tried for at least a half hour then gave up.

This

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:42:43 AM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Super Mario 1 .... ugh..

NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:12:08 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
I still havent beat Mike Tyson...I remember the code though 25 years later...007 373 5963.....

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:14:40 AM
QuickThumbs (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I've beat all the boxers in Punch-Out!!, but have never beat it start to finish.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:22:13 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
I'll stick to NES.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
Kid Icarus.
I've beaten plenty of hard games, Mega Man 1-6, Battletoads, Robocop, Batman, Castlevania 1-3, Zelda 1-2, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, but Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and Kid Icarus continue to elude me.
Well, I've also never beaten Zelda OOT or Majora's Mask, trying to remedy this.

To all who haven't beaten SMB, though, for the love of Purple Ganon, get on that!

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 07/06/2014 at 11:24 AM by NickTLG

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:42:21 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: cirellio

I'll stick to NES.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
Kid Icarus.
I've beaten plenty of hard games, Mega Man 1-6, Battletoads, Robocop, Batman, Castlevania 1-3, Zelda 1-2, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, but Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and Kid Icarus continue to elude me.

To all who haven't beaten SMB, though, for the love of Purple Ganon, get on that!
Surprised Tyson is coming up a lot, especially in a post from a person who has beat Ninja Gaiden 3 and battletoads. Those are far more difficult than tyson. I own both and have beat neither, but I beat Tyson once or twice a week just for good measure. I say this not to brag, but to encourage you to do it. At least for me, as a kid I thought the chances of getting elected president were only slightly less than beating tyson. The first time was INCREDIBLY rewarding. The 500th time its still pretty good. 

Here is how I got there. I got a 12 pack of bud light, rented two movies for a second screen, and used the tyson code over and over to just fight iron mike. By the end of movie 2, I was surviving late into round 3. Did not beat him that night, but beat it the 3rd or 4th time I fought him the next day. After beating Tyson a few times to gain confidence, then started from beginning and quickly beat it without getting knocked out. Hope someone finds this helpful and goes and beats Tyson. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:47:10 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Sounds like fun! To be fair I haven't tried since probably ... 1991 at a friend's house. Never owned the game and sadly I still don't.

Instagram
Wishlist

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:52:08 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Originally posted by: cirellio

I'll stick to NES.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
Kid Icarus.

Surprised Tyson is coming up a lot, especially in a post from a person who has beat Ninja Gaiden 3 and battletoads. Those are far more difficult than tyson. I own both and have beat neither, but I beat Tyson once or twice a week just for good measure. I say this not to brag, but to encourage you to do it. At least for me, as a kid I thought the chances of getting elected president were only slightly less than beating tyson. The first time was INCREDIBLY rewarding. The 500th time its still pretty good. 

Here is how I got there. I got a 12 pack of bud light, rented two movies for a second screen, and used the tyson code over and over to just fight iron mike. By the end of movie 2, I was surviving late into round 3. Did not beat him that night, but beat it the 3rd or 4th time I fought him the next day. After beating Tyson a few times to gain confidence, then started from beginning and quickly beat it without getting knocked out. Hope someone finds this helpful and goes and beats Tyson. 

You can do it!

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:05:34 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I have posted this in other threads before but the first time I beat mike tyson when I was 10 or 11 I threw the controller up and jumped up and down like I had actually won the title. It remains my fondest gaming memory

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:21:25 PM
you suffer (2)
(but why?) < Eggplant Wizard >
Finland
The first Legend of Zelda. One of these days...

Who cares wins

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:28:02 PM
Fluffy (11)
(Fluffy is asleep) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Every Zelda Game. Yes... And Every Metroid Game.

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:35:39 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

I have posted this in other threads before but the first time I beat mike tyson when I was 10 or 11 I threw the controller up and jumped up and down like I had actually won the title. It remains my fondest gaming memory

Too cool. Rather than continue taking this thread over with stories of accomplishment, I will start a new thread for games we once thought unbeatable, and have since conquered. After all the admissions of defeat, (i hate you double dragon), people can brag about their accomplishments. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:40:14 PM
qtoyoda (36)
(SMAAASH! ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
I've never beat Mario. I kind of suck at platforming in general and just watch my brother play instead.

Currently playing: Massive Final Fantasy Marathon - FF2 (4) just broke into the Tower of Babil
Recently Completed: Windwaker HD, Child of Light
Favorite Games of All Time: Earthbound, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger

Looking for Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Season (Box, Manual and Inserts!) & Zelda Collectors Edition

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:50:31 PM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Otter

I still havent beat Mike Tyson...I remember the code though 25 years later...007 373 5963.....

Same here. Thanks to last year's contest, I was able to beat Super Macho man, which I had never done as a kid. Mike Tyson scares me, though. I only attempted twice before I shut off the TV, lol.

My brother and I never beat Castlevania 3, either. Played it with a friend a few years ago, but we ended up getting stuck at the Sunken City, a ridiculous stage that serves no purpose in the game whatsoever and can be skipped no matter what characters you decide to go with. Haven't played it since, but I'd like to revisit it at some point.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:23:09 PM
JTatsiou (9)
(John Tatsiou) < Crack Trooper >
Ontario
Super Mario Bros 3...

Feel free to send hate messages

Currently going for a complete N64, PS3 and Vita sets, with all the games being complete in box.

Feel free to join my Retro Gaming Facebook Group! With 15,000+ members, it's the largest retro gaming group on Facebook, and it's growing everyday! (Clickable Link) https://www.facebook.com/groups/5...

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:42:41 PM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Super confession: I've never, ever, ever beaten a video game without a cheat or help. And I've only beaten 3:

Super Mario Bros 2 (emulator, save states)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (handing off the controller mid-fight to my friend that can beat him in the 2nd half of the fight)
Contra (with cheat)

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:43:30 PM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
I have never beat a Mega Man game.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:47:52 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
The original SMB.

I've beaten SMB 3 though lol.

Most games I've never beaten...I give up to easily or get bored. Also a lot of classic games I never owned till I was an adult...like Metroid so of course I never beat it. And I still don't own some classics like Mega Man games...don't own any of the NES ones..I think I have a compilation of them on an xbox game but other then that I don't own a single Mega Man game.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:14:45 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Oh brother... where do I start.

Gave up on:

Couldn't get past one jump
Equinox
Solstice
Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt

Mario Sunshine (Although I got pretty far I just got tierd of it and moved on)

Castlevania - Couln't beat The Grim Reaper. After using a Game Genie I still couldn't beat Dracula. Been haunting me for 25? years.  I've seen the ending...... "That's it??!!" 
Weird that one of the PS2 Caslevanias I beat Drac (last boss) with 3 hits. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:28:43 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
For NES, I'm not sure I've ever beaten a game without cheats/save states.

....Why do I like the system so much again?

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:46:07 PM
TriHart (59)
(Riley R) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Originally posted by: mattbep

For NES, I'm not sure I've ever beaten a game without cheats/save states.

....Why do I like the system so much again?

You felt the power....NINTENDO POWER!!!

I must say I havn't beaten SMB1, or legend of Zelda.....never played metroid, but i dont have it, so thats an excuse...right? 

I did however complete Zelda 2! no codes, no nothing! that one im happy about.

DC CIB:                67/254
SMS CIB:               6/114
This is fun!

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:50:12 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Slipstreamed

Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I've beaten some of the hardest NES games out there (Conan, The Mutant Virus, etc), yet I have not beaten SMB.

I shared this secret shame up until about 2 weeks ago.  I just forced it, after years of King Koopa taunting me with those fucking hammers I just sat down and barreled my way though.  Best win of a video game I've ever had.  Certainly a long time coming.

Funny thing was after the win, I played through the "harder" version and didn't die once.

PS: 

WWW.BACKLOGGERY.COM...

I've never actually beat 8-2 before.  That's as far as I've ever made it.  Can't beat Bowser when you can't GET to him...also, I already know about the Backloggery...see my sig

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:06:37 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
I've beaten Spiritual Warfare, but not Legend of Zelda (or any Zelda game for that matter)

*never was a huge fan of Zelda, however I think I might have to give it another go sometime.

Edited: 07/06/2014 at 09:08 PM by NESMASTER14