Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Living the Air Cooker lifestyle

Oct 13 at 10:20:34 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I was given one as a gift this year and was a skeptic at first, but after one use realized I would probably never cook many things on a baking sheet ever again. Not only do things come out delicious without grease, but it's pretty nice that it shuts off with the timer unlike an oven. It's almost impossible to not cook things perfectly every time, you don't need to worry about getting wrapped up in a game or something while you are cooking. The appliance was invented in 2005, is the size of a coffee machine, and seems to have hit a boom in the last 24 months. I'm pretty glad I have one, anyone else have one of these things?

Edited: 10/13/2019 at 10:23 PM by Trj22487

Oct 13 at 11:13:47 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Haha, I just made wings tonight and they came out nice as always, I love mine! I wish they could invent a slightly larger 2 chamber one to cook 2 things - that would be cool (maybe they already exist). No complaints though, I have a Ninja one and use it at least once a week.

-------------------------

Oct 14 at 2:43:36 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I also got one as a gift, unrequested. Can't get into it. It does some things better than a toaster oven. Very disappointing with anything that I would normally fry in oil.

Oct 14 at 2:46:10 AM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
I have the Ninja Foodi with the air fryer and food dehydrator function and it gets used 2-3 times a week. It's so easy to just cut up a potato into fries, spray with some olive oil, and cook them up when I need a snack.

Oct 14 at 9:12:50 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
My wife and I have wanted one for about two years, but we have limited counter/cabinet space. We've made some recent health changes and have seen good results (mostly mental, with let "brain fog" and we legit have better attitudes.) We're seriously considering trading in the crock pot for one of these because people seem to really like them. Air fryers have been around a really long time. I remember them being sold on infomercials in the 90s, and I'm sure they are older than that. Still, I think these smaller units have a slightly different setup which makes the "physics" work better for smaller batches.

Our only real concern is that as a family of 4, will we be able to get enough food out of any of the ones on the market, and would it that make it worth getting rid of the crock pot, which we've used 2-3 times a week.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 14 at 10:26:11 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: rlh

My wife and I have wanted one for about two years, but we have limited counter/cabinet space. We've made some recent health changes and have seen good results (mostly mental, with let "brain fog" and we legit have better attitudes.) We're seriously considering trading in the crock pot for one of these because people seem to really like them. Air fryers have been around a really long time. I remember them being sold on infomercials in the 90s, and I'm sure they are older than that. Still, I think these smaller units have a slightly different setup which makes the "physics" work better for smaller batches.

Our only real concern is that as a family of 4, will we be able to get enough food out of any of the ones on the market, and would it that make it worth getting rid of the crock pot, which we've used 2-3 times a week.

A family of 4 might be pushing it for an air fryer.  You can make 1 thing at a time, like a basket of fries - which still takes roughly 12+ minutes if frozen.  Could probably get 4 decent servings out of a full basket.

If/when something else needs cooked, the oven or stovetop still needs used - this is my biggest gripe.  It's by design though, as if you had a fry daddy in comparison.  I can't see it replacing a crock pot unfortunately.

Food quality is leagues better than an oven though, and of course not quite as good as fry daddy.  I use mine mostly for wings, nugs, fries, mozz sticks etc.  I spin my wings in sauce and they are exceptional.

For anyone interested, I heavily recommend the $100 Ninja one at Walmart  .

Oct 14 at 5:29:36 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Interesting. We use the oven for fries and chicken strips. Is the cook time much faster?

Oct 14 at 6:24:20 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I love it for fries, chicken nuggets/tenders whatever and tempura.

But I still prefer my chefs oven for "real" cooking. But cooking for more than 2 on the air fryer is a pain.

Oct 14 at 7:22:27 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Is that a pressure cooker? I used ours once. Felt like I was making a bomb.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131