NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Shoot-em-ups Leaderboard & Discussion Updated August 27th

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:01:48 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Gloves

Hey, what's the shmup scene on Dream cast like? I have a chance to pick one up relatively cheap. Also, is there an everdrive sorta thing for it?

Giga Wing & Mars Matrix are my favorite on Dreamcast tho Gunbird 2 is really fun! Cannon Spike is awesome but not technically a shmup i guess. Theres also a lot of good indie shooters for the system!

Link to old shmup thread, check out the OP for some more Dreamcast titles and others. Not a comprehensive list, just my shooter collection but i havent updated it since last september.

http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Would you guys consider Abadox or MUSHA the more difficult game? I get absolutely destroyed in both but I actually have fun playing MUSHA.  

Is Musha considered a difficult game? I can 1CC that and Robo Aleste pretty easilly now! Space Megaforce as well but i haven't played em for a while. May be a little rusty!

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 06/23/2017 at 12:15 AM by D~Funk

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:16:01 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Boom! 1st Run on Musha tonight with a 1CC! Score: 133,263,780

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:20:00 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Holy Christ. Just played GunSmoke for the first time. Had to continue a few times to beat it so I don't have a score to provide, but my god. My left hand is gnarled as fuck, and the only reason my right hand doesn't have carpal tunnel is because I used the index tapping to fire. Fun game but I'm not in a hurry to play it again anytime soon

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:31:19 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Holy Christ. Just played GunSmoke for the first time. Had to continue a few times to beat it so I don't have a score to provide, but my god. My left hand is gnarled as fuck, and the only reason my right hand doesn't have carpal tunnel is because I used the index tapping to fire. Fun game but I'm not in a hurry to play it again anytime soon

Need turbo. I refuse to play that game without a turbo option. Fucking awesome game, but shooters without auto-fire can kiss my ass.

Edit: As for Funk... yeah, for me. I can't beat the third level of MUSHA but I love it. Space Megaforce... I can't beat on the legit play through. I have to play it on the easy condensed version for a win. Again, love the game... but it's too much for me.

Edit 2: Just realized I said shooters without auto fire can kiss my ass and I have a Galaxian avatar, ha.

Edited: 06/23/2017 at 01:36 AM by Loxx O)))

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:37:00 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Yeah, i love both those games! And Robo Aleste! Playing that now but its definitely much tougher than Musha! Maybe i should pop in Megaforce and give it a go. Havent played these for a bit.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:39:33 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Edit 2: Just realized I said shooters without auto fire can kiss my ass and I have a Galaxian avatar, ha.
Ha. Dumbass. Mashing stamina is one of the skills needed for these types of games 

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:40:55 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Turbo all day errday.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:02:36 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
This is my high for Robo Aleste for the night. Made it to stage 5 or 6 with 9,219,040. Gonna have to play more this weekend. Defintely a hard one if you aren't playin it often.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:24:44 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I'll be updating the scores when I get to work in a few hours.

For now though, just wanted to bring your attention to this: https://www.play-asia.com/info/gh...

Ghost Blade HD is a great game, and Play-Asia is doing a 3,000 run physical release of the game with soundtrack (and a secret mystery gift of some sort) for only $30USD. Check it out!

Edited: 06/23/2017 at 10:25 AM by Gloves

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:44:01 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Is the mystery gift a half naked anime girl?

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:46:30 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Is the mystery gift a half naked anime girl?

One can only hope.  

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:50:50 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
You guys let me know... if so, I'll buy 2.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:12:08 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Leaderboard updated!

I've added my own score for Abadox which I got this morning. Those floating seekers in 6-1 can suck my joystick.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:41:19 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Goddamn LE PS4 shooters. Still don't even have the console yet, but I'll get another game.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:48:46 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Go ahead and have that shipped to me Brock. I'll send it to you when you get a PS4.  

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:54:14 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

Go ahead and have that shipped to me Brock. I'll send it to you when you get a PS4.  
It's bad enough tracking LE horror films, now I have to deal with this.  Good thing I'm not a completionist
http://store.roninflix.com/Kingdo...

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:41:39 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

I'll be updating the scores when I get to work in a few hours.

For now though, just wanted to bring your attention to this: https://www.play-asia.com/info/ghostbladehd2017

Ghost Blade HD is a great game, and Play-Asia is doing a 3,000 run physical release of the game with soundtrack (and a secret mystery gift of some sort) for only $30USD. Check it out!

Thanks for the heads up! Ghost blade is a great game! I had downloaded it on Wii U a while back!

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:59:25 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
I'll try and remember to add my name in the pics from now on! :/ gonna jump back into Robo Aleste and Space Megaforce today!   Thanks for making this thread and giving me an excuse to play great games!  

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:01:49 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: D~Funk

I'll try and remember to add my name in the pics from now on! :/ gonna jump back into Robo Aleste and Space Megaforce today!   Thanks for making this thread and giving me an excuse to play great games!  

And thank you for being so active in it, makes the whole thing worthwhile! I was hoping to get some discussion going and see people putting up scores for shmups and I've so far gotten what I wanted! I'm going to see if I can find a way to play the games you've been playing and put up some scores myself!

I want to keep playing Abadox until I can 1CC it, and following that I might put up a score for Jamestown on the PS4, since I love the game so darn much, it's about time I revisit it.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:12:13 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Awesome! I'll have to dive back into Jamestown as well. I never did beat it but played it quite a bit! For some of these if you have a Wii or Wii U you can download them in the original Wii eshop. They have Soldier Blade, Dead Moon, Air Zonk, Musha & Lords of Thunder (PC Engine but same game over all i think, just supposedly better version). Just no Robo Aleste i dont think.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:18:12 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Awesome! I'll have to dive back into Jamestown as well. I never did beat it but played it quite a bit! For some of these if you have a Wii or Wii U you can download them in the original Wii eshop. They have Soldier Blade, Dead Moon, Air Zonk, Musha & Lords of Thunder (PC Engine but same game over all i think, just supposedly better version). Just no Robo Aleste i dont think.

Ah nice, I may just do that then. I only have a Wii U - I assume I can still acess the Wii eShop though? Never tried before. >_>

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:19:57 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

And thank you for being so active in it, makes the whole thing worthwhile! I was hoping to get some discussion going and see people putting up scores for shmups and I've so far gotten what I wanted! I'm going to see if I can find a way to play the games you've been playing and put up some scores myself!

I want to keep playing Abadox until I can 1CC it, and following that I might put up a score for Jamestown on the PS4, since I love the game so darn much, it's about time I revisit it.

And sorry I havent put anything up yet  I'll try to play some stuff tonight or tomorrow now that its the weekend

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:20:20 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Yeah, just go to the Wii emulator that's built in. Or did they shut down the Wii eShop?

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:20:36 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Bert

And sorry I havent put anything up yet  I'll try to play some stuff tonight or tomorrow now that its the weekend

Haha no worries! Take your time, the board's not going anywhere.  

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:27:57 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Ah nice, I may just do that then. I only have a Wii U - I assume I can still acess the Wii eShop though? Never tried before. >_>

Yeah! Just click on the Wii icon on Wii U. Like you were gonna go in and play a regular Wii game and then go into the shop in there! I dont think they have closed the shop down yet so you should still be able to download em! Theres a great selection of games in there!