Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda: Parallel Worlds Saves or just save states?

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:18:52 AM
dougman999 (77)
(Doug LeStarge) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
I'm curious.  I've been trying to play Zelda: Parallel Worlds on my Powerpak and each time I die, no matter what I do select, it never seems to save my time or items, hearts, etc.  

Granted, I haven't even retrieved my sword yet, but have retrieved a full heart, some bombs and the lantern.  Does the game actually save stuff once I've retrieved my sword?  Or was this game really meant for emulators (save states)?

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:56:21 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
This is very frustrating indeed. It does save, but it doesn't start saving until AFTER you get to the church. Why the game creators made it that difficult, I have no idea.

Watch a youtube video and practice. The first dungeon is rediculous and annoying. When you get your sword, you are only about 1/3 done with the first dungeon.

Best of luck, it's a fun game other than that first level.

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:02:49 AM
Kidr0cker (51)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
I've been wanting to try this game for some time

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:04:16 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Yeah I got frustrated and gave up for the same reason, too damn hard for me!

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:45:12 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I actually have beaten the game. Just keep trying, you'll finally get it

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:04:50 PM
dougman999 (77)
Wisconsin
Thanks for the input. I'll guess I try it again when I haven't been drinking copious amounts of beers, heh

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:02:15 AM
dougman999 (77)
Wisconsin
Tried the Guardhouse a few more times, still couldn't get to my sword without dying. Put in the infinite life cheat; this game needs it. Still died in Nayru's Bay (no bombs to figure out where the invisible floor tiles were).

This hack is pretty amazing. My only gripe is the slowdown due to too many enemies on a lot of the overworld screens.

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:23:10 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
This is a game that I really wouldn't blame anyone for using an infinite life cheat, lol.

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!