Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Found an iPod Touch! This is how I'm going to make someones day awesome!

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:25:42 AM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
So I walked out to my car this afternoon and lying there in the gutter is what looked like an iphone. As I got closer I see its an ipod touch just laying there in a case unharmed so I grab it and click the home button... Damn locked! I try a few times at some random number combinations to no avail... 

This is one if the new ipods too with a retina screen and 2 cameras. Checked the last sngs played - Adele lol.  Hold down the home button and pull up voice command, "Play artist coldplay" and bam it actually played some coldplay! This is fun I thought, as I walk back to the house I tried a few more artists, lady gaga, and some really weird other girl music are all I got. Im guessing it belongs to a 20s something girl.

So I posted a listing on my local craigs lost and found section.  Figured hey if no one contacts me ive served my civil duty and I got a new ipod touch Yey!

Then I hit the voice command and said Face-time blah blah blah and bam, face time Dad... WOW, so I tried a few more obvious ones and the person actually programmed in their own phone number in the face-time phone book thing, how I found that out? Remember the phone is still password locked, I just said face-time and then kept mumbling random words until something that seemed useful came up, like "Now calling Me, mobile" So im guessing that's the persons iPhone number.  

So how do I enter in my wifi password, connect to my network and call the person whose iPod it is while the device is locked? Simple, when you activate voice command and tell it to face-time someone if its not connected to a network it will search for ones nearby and let you select one and enter its key. Then it will dial up the person and hopefully they will answer! Are the good old days of finders keepers over? haha.

So tomorrow some random lucky person is going to get a video call from themselves and hopefully get their device back

-------------------------

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:43:50 AM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
hahaha good on you man for actually giving it back.

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:12:59 AM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I hope she's hot. Don't wanna go through all that trouble just to give an forgetful uggo her phone back.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:07:59 AM
DroMeadows (8)
(Andre Da Great) < Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Watch, 5$ says she's twelve.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:44:44 AM
nintendowayne (18)
(Wayne Mendoza) < Meka Chicken >
Louisiana
You're a good guy. People around here would let it rot before giving it back.

no signature

Edited: 12/30/2011 at 06:08 PM by nintendowayne

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:06:40 AM
I'm_not_a_robot... (1)
(Jon Schirmacher) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Could you imagine if this is how you meet the person of your dreams? If you're single at least haha. That's what would be going through my mind the entire time. lawlz.

"Puttin' Crash Man in the trash can, like yesterdays tomatoes."

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:11:21 AM
GameboyRicky (149)
(Ricky ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Just don't show up naked in a santa hat.

All joking aside, this is really awesome of you to work so hard to seek out the person that lost this.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:45:35 AM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
A man of high moral fiber. I like your style.

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:07:19 PM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
she'll be hot, i know it, or he'll be gay, either way, LMAO

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:14:37 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Update: I hit a road block, on trying to facetime when the device is locked it seems to just begin the call then disconnect immediately. and I guess Im not as smart as I thought though because I dont think the device will allow me to connect to a password protected network when it's locked. So Ive connected to what I think is a valid free network and I guess now i just wait and see if the owner has the "Find my iPhone" service setup and messages me.

So for now, here's a list of artists I've discovered on the iPod when using voice command "play artist"

Lady Gaga
Pink
Coldplay
Adele
Faultline
Kathrine McPhee
Javert
Patty Griffin
Nora Jones
Sara Bareilles
Faith Hill
Whitney Huston
IL Divo
Josh Groban 
Sarah Brightman
S Club 7 (Hahaha!!!)
Glee
Chris Botti
Joel Grey
Dido
Clay Aiken
Westlife
Mariah Carey
Sara McLachlan
Ronan Keating
Maroon 5

Dont think Ill be finding any soulemates in this lineup lol.

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

Edited: 12/30/2011 at 01:26 PM by ZoOmer

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:36:54 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
That's definitely a girl's playlist... looks like something my sister would listen to.

Hopefully you will find the person... I want to see the updates to the thread.

Edited: 12/30/2011 at 02:37 PM by T3rra

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:41:36 PM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: ZoOmer

Update: I hit a road block, on trying to facetime when the device is locked it seems to just begin the call then disconnect immediately. and I guess Im not as smart as I thought though because I dont think the device will allow me to connect to a password protected network when it's locked. So Ive connected to what I think is a valid free network and I guess now i just wait and see if the owner has the "Find my iPhone" service setup and messages me.

So for now, here's a list of artists I've discovered on the iPod when using voice command "play artist"

Lady Gaga
Pink
Coldplay
Adele
Faultline
Kathrine McPhee
Javert
Patty Griffin
Nora Jones
Sara Bareilles
Faith Hill
Whitney Huston
IL Divo
Josh Groban 
Sarah Brightman
S Club 7 (Hahaha!!!)
Glee
Chris Botti
Joel Grey
Dido
Clay Aiken
Westlife
Mariah Carey
Sara McLachlan
Ronan Keating
Maroon 5

Dont think Ill be finding any soulemates in this lineup lol.

Using my powers of deduction.. shes between the ages of 20-25 (show me an underage chick that knows who sara mclaughlin, dido, s club 7, and nora jones are)

I think shes probably fat. HEAR ME OUT. Alot of that is  artists who make their living singing about being unlucky in love..not being in love.

please keep us updated. this is fun!

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:06:56 PM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: Mr.Nintendo

she'll be hot, i know it, or he'll be gay, either way, LMAO

Whaha, maybe he`s hot too!

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:19:18 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Awesome work Nancy Drew!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:18:15 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Haha yeah it's been interesting so far.
I actually got a message from the Find my phone service that said to swipe and hit OK to clear so I tried but it just showed me the lock screen again, I tried a few more random 4 numbers and managed to permanently lock the iPod lmao! It was actually playing music at the time do it was stuck locked while playing Adele haha! And I couldn't stop it. So I turned it off and back on again and it stopped the music but the device is still locked... So looks like its up to the owner now to locate their iPod with gps, or maybe the Craigslist gods will help them.

I'll keep you posted on any updates as I continue to try and locate the owner.
Why there is no "message owner" feature is quite mind blowing, the owner would have had their iPod back before they even discovered it was missing... but that's apple for ya.