Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Beaten this week: Shatterhand & Kabuki Quantum Fighter

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:48:11 AM
Zycrow (0)
< Little Mac >
I wanted to share a couple of victories with people who understand

These were both pretty tough platformers - Shatterhand is the better game but the challenge was similar between both. 
I may have given up on Shatterhand if the designers didn't let you continue from the final checkpoint of the final stage - you still have to fight through a tough section, but it's not like Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania III where you have to complete a whole stage over again. 
I was a little bit surprised that the final boss didn't have a second form. 

Kabuki Quantum Fighter brought out the sailor in me during the vertical section of the final stage, but I managed to get through with 18 seconds on the clock. Only used one continue. 

-------------------------
The Assortment: http://www.theassortment.tumblr.c...
Favorites: Metroid, Castlevania, Namco 18

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:05:29 PM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina
Grats. I always get impatient and try to just brute my way through shatterhand and it never works. Sigh.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:07:21 PM
DarTHBalLs305 (4)
(Sean M) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Nice dude! I beat Kabuki a while back and it was great. Those vertical sections are definitely a huge pain. I still gotta try to finish Shatterhand. Last time I played it I managed to get to the final stage but got stuck there for a couple hours and just gave up. Its one of those NES games where even once you learn where all the enemies are, and nothing should catch you by surprise, it's still amazingly tough to not take damage.

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:29:49 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Awesome! I've beaten kabuki quantum fighter but haven't been able to beat shatterhand yet. Both are really fun games

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:36:15 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Hell yeah! Basically my 2 favorite games on the system. Congrats